PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 11:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: [DISCONTINUED]01-13[KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23518-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbradthomas View Post
Thanks for quick response.

So if I understand you right we don't need to up date OEMXipKernel, just use from previous build?

I did notice in TMartins TP kitchen he was using files for Baseapps and Media, but modules for OS. Now I understand a little more.

Is there any way to include a build log in your kitchen?

I really appreaciate your help and knowledge. I like the keep it simple approach you have.

Thanks,
Brad

Once I get a working rom I will post my steps here to help others.
The logic behind using modules for OS and files for others makes sense. Modules are quicker to load, becuase they are ALWAYS in memory, taking up space. I have always wanted less things always in memory. OS might benefit from being modules since things in there are always in RAM. I might try this and see what the effect is.

As far as including a build log, the best you can do is add a redicret into the batch script..

platformrebuilder.exe > LOG.txt

but that will take all output from the screen and write it to the file, so you will see nothing much when you are actually cooking. In short, there is not an easy way to do this without learning some liwer level programming language like C or VB.

Paste the contents of your new SYS folder here and I will see if there are any glaring errors or omissions.

Post post post while I am here, I am not on much more these days.

lol

btw sharkie, you've come a long way. Congrats!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro\ EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff

I think adding build log is over my head. I have enough to learn. Just thought it might help to find problems.

I have included every thing in my 23541 SYS that you have in 23518 SYS. But now changing to files instead of modules.

Going threw 23541 kitchen and recomparing to 23518. Trying to find why my first flash wouldn't boot. After I get a bootable rom then I will play with removing some stuff in SYS.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:59 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbradthomas View Post
I think adding build log is over my head. I have enough to learn. Just thought it might help to find problems.

I have included every thing in my 23541 SYS that you have in 23518 SYS. But now changing to files instead of modules.

Going threw 23541 kitchen and recomparing to 23518. Trying to find why my first flash wouldn't boot. After I get a bootable rom then I will play with removing some stuff in SYS.
As a test to narrow down the failure, get rid of the new 23541 rom folder. Then make a copy of 23518 and just call it 23541, so you will be using your 23518 rom folder with the 23541 sys. That will let you know if there is a problem in ROM or in SYS. if it boots, do the reverse, use a 23541 rom with a 23518 sys named 23541..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
As a test to narrow down the failure, get rid of the new 23541 rom folder. Then make a copy of 23518 and just call it 23541, so you will be using your 23518 rom folder with the 23541 sys. That will let you know if there is a problem in ROM or in SYS. if it boots, do the reverse, use a 23541 rom with a 23518 sys named 23541..
Thanks Raid. Why didn't I think of that .

I really appreciate your time.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:28 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

No problem, by the way.. osmodules only has one file in it.. I am not thinking there is much to be gained from keeping it as a module over a file but I will check. I doubt it will even be noticeable, but it is fairly large (700K) so it might .
Old 03-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Problem is with my 23541 SYS.
With 23541 SYS 117,750,825
With 23518 SYS 162,055,524

Wish I could get it down to 117

edit; I think it might have to do with skip files.

Last edited by Jbradthomas; 03-03-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:43 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

yes, remove all skip files from the SYS. my kitchen will automatically add its own skip files.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
yes, remove all skip files from the SYS. my kitchen will automatically add its own skip files.
In that process right now.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Having a bit of trouble with Youtube. I can't get any sound. I've searched and the only fix I found was this regedit: HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/Youtube/EnableMDP change the value to 0 from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1580259. I made this change but it didn't work. Anyone got any other solutions?

Perhaps the solution is taking out programs one by one till I find the culprit. That would suck. I have everything to near perfection save this and couple of other minor personal issues.
Just throwing this out there again since the thread is awake today. I also looked in Calkulin's kitchen to grab his youtube EXT, but I didn't see one. Can someone post their "audio working" Youtube EXT?
Old 03-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Just throwing this out there again since the thread is awake today. I also looked in Calkulin's kitchen to grab his youtube EXT, but I didn't see one. Can someone post their "audio working" Youtube EXT?
I 'am using the one from original kitchen and my Youtube audio works. If you need that I will post later. Close to having 23541 working.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development