View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 11:35 AM
raidzero
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: [DISCONTINUED]01-13[KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23518-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbradthomas View Post
Thanks for quick response.

So if I understand you right we don't need to up date OEMXipKernel, just use from previous build?

I did notice in TMartins TP kitchen he was using files for Baseapps and Media, but modules for OS. Now I understand a little more.

Is there any way to include a build log in your kitchen?

I really appreaciate your help and knowledge. I like the keep it simple approach you have.

Thanks,
Brad

Once I get a working rom I will post my steps here to help others.
The logic behind using modules for OS and files for others makes sense. Modules are quicker to load, becuase they are ALWAYS in memory, taking up space. I have always wanted less things always in memory. OS might benefit from being modules since things in there are always in RAM. I might try this and see what the effect is.

As far as including a build log, the best you can do is add a redicret into the batch script..

platformrebuilder.exe > LOG.txt

but that will take all output from the screen and write it to the file, so you will see nothing much when you are actually cooking. In short, there is not an easy way to do this without learning some liwer level programming language like C or VB.

Paste the contents of your new SYS folder here and I will see if there are any glaring errors or omissions.

Post post post while I am here, I am not on much more these days.

lol

btw sharkie, you've come a long way. Congrats!