PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 12:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DISCONTINUED]01-13[KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23518-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

Old 03-01-2010, 02:50 AM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Having a bit of trouble with Youtube. I can't get any sound. I've searched and the only fix I found was this regedit: HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/Youtube/EnableMDP change the value to 0 from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1580259. I made this change but it didn't work. Anyone got any other solutions?

Perhaps the solution is taking out programs one by one till I find the culprit. That would suck. I have everything to near perfection save this and couple of other minor personal issues.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 03-01-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

Aight, so BG4ALL in full effect!

I believe the solution was using Album_3_2_20113921_0 the Rhodium version instead of the Topaz version which I believe is what I had in there before. I think there was something wrong with the path in the Topaz version. I didn't have the option to look in Albums w/the other one when trying to set a wallpaper. I could only go through the windows explorer to get to pics. I used the attached cab for the actuall bg4all program. It's the one I've found that work the most. In landscape mode the picture is set higher than in portrait mode. That's the only bug I can see.

I also cooked in Full_Screen_Player_1_8_20113022_00_Topaz and Full_Screen_Player_VGA_Patch. I'm not sure which of the three changes exactly caused things to work, but that's what I have cooked in that could possibly affect wallpaper.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 03-01-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro\ EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I upgraded Flash Screen Player this morning. Seem to have made transition from portriat to landscape and back faster.
Which Media Tool Kit are you using?
Haven't had much time to play with the 4 manila files for background, but trying to make them larger than 512 X 512 to see if that will work. Maybe this evening I can get back to it. Have 2 files done at 640 X 640. Just testing.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:08 AM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbradthomas View Post
Also been trying to port 23541. Now i appreciate even more what RZ did for us.
Any luck?

I did a bit of reading, but I still don't really know what I'm doing =P

Edit: alright, threw together the proper 0409/192dpi files into sys and the updated msxipkernel into rom\xip. used the same oemxipkernel/os.nb.payload/romhdr.bin from an older build. is that all i have to do? the nbh is created without any problems. </absolute noob> i'll test a flash tomorrow

Replaced by an HTC Desire: DeFroST 5.x w/ HAVS kernel, 1113MHz ondemand

Last edited by Lat; 03-03-2010 at 05:51 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:19 AM
VIP Member

Let me know if that works!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

hey guys. Portsing SYS is very easy, especially with my rollup sorter.. get it here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105325

basically you just take the ROLLUP folder from da_g (wm6550_whatever) and drag in on to my batch file. enter the hres (480) vres (640) dpi (192) and lang (0409 for english, others for others) then it just goes. at this point you will still need to remove some more stuff

first, copy your last build's ROM folder side by side with the last, for example if that is 23518, create a copy of 23518 and call it 23541 (or whatever your new build is) in there, delete msxipkernel, replace it with the one from your newly created SYS folder) then just copy your new sys files into a new folder in SYS with your buid number as the name. delete anything that has _CS on the end, also if you come upon MediaOSfiles and mediaOSmodules, remove the modules one and keep the files one. This will occur a few times , baseappsmodules, mediaosmodules, and some others. remove and commonEA, bronzeEA, lockscreenEA, nonphone, gb18030, irda.. I think that is all, if you have problems post here and I will try to help. sorry for the big jumble of unorganized information, its early in the morning!

for sys that is already in VK format the kitchen does the work for you...
Old 03-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff

Thanks Raidzero for helping us with this.

I cooked and flashed a nonbootable 23541 last night. Just got to Touch Pro screen and keeped recycling. I sure have learned alot pass few days.

Raid in your 23518 kitchen SYS you have BaseAppsModules, MediaOSModules and OSModules. I thought it was better to use modules? I used all modules maybe thats why it didn't boot.

Two other things that confuse me are os.nb.payload and romhdr.bin. Using xipport I get romhdr.txt, is there a way to convert this to .bin?
Do I just use os.nb.payload from 23518 or how do I get it for 23541?

Thanks,
Brad

Last edited by Jbradthomas; 03-03-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbradthomas View Post
Thanks Raidzero for helping us with this.

I cooked and flashed a nonbootable 23541 last night. Just got to Touch Pro screen and keeped recycling. I sure have learned alot pass few days.

Raid in your 23518 kitchen SYS you have BaseAppsModules, MediaOSModules and OSModules. I thought it was better to use modules? I used all modules maybe thats why it didn't boot.

Two other things that confuse me are os.nb.payload and romhdr.bin. Using xipport I get romhdr.txt, is there a way to convert this to .bin?
Do I just use os.nb.payload from 23518 or how do I get it for 23541?

Thanks,
Brad
use os.nb.payload from the previous build it does not change, neither does romhdr.bin. I used modules when I was on TP because I did not know what I know now. Mor emodules is not necessarily a good thing. In factmt he less modules you have the better the phone will run. The better tha battery life will be too. Modules that are under 64K in side is a waste, there are many more factors to it, but I just suggest to use files where possible. The only thing that changes in the ROM folder from build to build is msxipkernel. os.nb.payload, romhdr.bin stay the same., xip.bin is not even used if you see it you can delete since the kitchen creates that on the fly.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Thanks for quick response.

So if I understand you right we don't need to up date OEMXipKernel, just use from previous build?

I did notice in TMartins TP kitchen he was using files for Baseapps and Media, but modules for OS. Now I understand a little more.

Is there any way to include a build log in your kitchen?

I really appreaciate your help and knowledge. I like the keep it simple approach you have.

Thanks,
Brad

Once I get a working rom I will post my steps here to help others.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development