PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380
Carrier: Sprint

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32
Re: [JUL 12] *11 Radios Available* Updated Touch Pro CDMA Radio Archive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
virtually no difference for me between the uscellular radio that shipped with my phone and the telus. Going to try the verizon one next but will probably just end up back on the us cellular. Wish there was a way to improve reception as i'm in NE iowa and most of hte area is rural.

That said, is there a problem with the uscellular radio link or is it just something with being a new member? I can download every other radio in this list except the uscellular one. I get an error message about editing someones post or my account not being active.
I've always liked the US Cellular radio personally. It seems to be the most adept at getting a satellite lock quickly and I cannot tell the difference between the Telus radio on heat or signal.

You're in Iowa, so I'd try out the new Alltel or maybe Verizon radio, since Alltel has a large rural subscriber base. Verizon might fare pretty well also, because they have to tune their radios for a more diverse infrastructure with tower distances being more inconsistent than Sprint or Telus because they pieced their network together as well as absorbing Alltel's network. Sprint's network has always been Sprint owned and when they built it, they built it all out with one unified plan. Same with Telus.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

nitroshot is keeping up the good worknitroshot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by karate134 View Post
It is actually formatted in FAT32 and I don't have Win7, but I can never get it to work. I put the raphimg into the root of the storage card and it says it doesn't see any files in the bootloader
Is the card you are using a SDHC card, if so it will not work to flash your phone you can only use regular SD cards (usually under 2 gig)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: uscellular

swampthing is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
I've always liked the US Cellular radio personally. It seems to be the most adept at getting a satellite lock quickly and I cannot tell the difference between the Telus radio on heat or signal.

You're in Iowa, so I'd try out the new Alltel or maybe Verizon radio, since Alltel has a large rural subscriber base. Verizon might fare pretty well also, because they have to tune their radios for a more diverse infrastructure with tower distances being more inconsistent than Sprint or Telus because they pieced their network together as well as absorbing Alltel's network. Sprint's network has always been Sprint owned and when they built it, they built it all out with one unified plan. Same with Telus.

Alltell has absolutely horrid service here in iowa, at least the part i live in. I am actually a US Cellular Agent. I have alltell customers come in my store regularly that have absolutely no service whereas most us cellular phones are running almost full strength. That's really the only thing that ticks me off about this touch pro is it's poor service, otherwise i love the phone.

Is there another link i can find that us cellular radio at since i can't download it ifrom here? i'd like to try default again.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:46 PM
hec
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

hec is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroshot View Post
Is the card you are using a SDHC card, if so it will not work to flash your phone you can only use regular SD cards (usually under 2 gig)
Thanks for the clarification; this accounts for why my bootloader couldn't see the radio image file. Though, oddly enough, I was able to unlock the ROM via the SD card method - bootloader found it just fine.

Anyway, using ActiveSync (as guest) I was able to update the radio - now trying out the new 1.12.20F Alltel to see how it compares with the 1.04.05V Telus I've been using for the past few weeks (which was MUCH better than the Sprint stock radio I had been using all along).
Old 07-16-2009, 12:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

On Sprint in S. Cal.
Tried Telus 1.04.05 and Sprint 1.11 and found absolutely NO difference from the stock radio.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:04 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Threadstarter

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
this is not true. i have a 16gb sdhc card and i flash from it exclusively
Old 07-16-2009, 01:29 PM
bbehen

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Thanks for the radio! I just updated my Sprint Touch Pro and it works great!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: vzw

bigwally is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

I have only ever flashed from my 8 GB SDHC card and haven't had any problems.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwally View Post
I have only ever flashed from my 8 GB SDHC card and haven't had any problems.
Same here. People may not be putting the RAPHIMG.nbh file in the root of their card correctly, formatting to FAT32, or naming the file correctly. In WinMo it should only be displayed as "RAPHIMG" no quotes, no file extension.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
On Sprint in S. Cal.
Tried Telus 1.04.05 and Sprint 1.11 and found absolutely NO difference from the stock radio.
Same region. Try the Verizon 1.03.09, it works much better in poor signal areas especially for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development