PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide
Re: grooveROM 5 Touch Pro Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
What is the pagepool set at? Being that this ROM downloads as an exe, how do you disect it and change the pagepool? Mines is operating great, but, can it actually be better?
(Sprint devices should be at 16 right)
Tp
The pagepool is set at 24 you can extract the .nbh by opening the .exe with winrar then change with a pagepool changer.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
What is the pagepool set at? Being that this ROM downloads as an exe, how do you disect it and change the pagepool? Mines is operating great, but, can it actually be better?
(Sprint devices should be at 16 right)
Tp
I believe the pp at 24 is a bit much and can cause faster battery drain so I lowered it to 20 and sometimes to 16 and battery life has been great. Titanium doesn't use much ram as TF3D so 16 or 20 is perfect...if I was using TF3D then maybe I'd consider changing the page pool to 24...but I've used 20 on a TF3D rom and it's still fast and responsive...
Old 06-22-2009, 02:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldwide View Post
The pagepool is set at 24 you can extract the .nbh by opening the .exe with winrar then change with a pagepool changer.
Thanks Worldwide. Let me ask one more question if I may. What really is the benefit for lowering or raising the pagepool? How does it affect performance? I believe that most folks with VZW phones raise it and Sprint and other carriers use a lower pagepool. Why is this? If this ROM is operating smoothly now, what benefit will I see by lowering the pagepool?

Thanks in advance for any insight you may give.

Tp
Old 06-22-2009, 09:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Thanks Worldwide. Let me ask one more question if I may. What really is the benefit for lowering or raising the pagepool? How does it affect performance? I believe that most folks with VZW phones raise it and Sprint and other carriers use a lower pagepool. Why is this? If this ROM is operating smoothly now, what benefit will I see by lowering the pagepool?

Tp
It's really the opposite - VZW users lower the pagepool while Sprint users typically up the pagepool. The Sprint Touch Pro has more on board memory than the VZW version, so it's users typically have more memory to spare. I've not really ever read anything that specifically states what the pagepool numbers mean and what exactly it affects by changing it. One ting I have read is that without TF3D the pp can actually be set to 16 when running Windows Mobile 6.5. I'll pull this build down and leave it at 24 though.

Sorry for the non-answer.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

osmany21 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to osmany21
Re: [062109] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21815 (Build 21815.5.0.5) [Touch Pro ROM & Kitch

This has to be by far the best 6.5 Ive tried. So far absolutely no problems in what programs ive run. I will post back if anything changes..... Thanks Inda!

Finally a 6.5 I can keep!!! (finger crossed)
Old 06-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff

Quote:

Tp
I used to run static page pools and now I just set it to 0 and let winmo manage it. Seems to be no difference. Running the latest build of 6.5 and it is blistering fast, no loading orb, no out of memory errors. Battery life is best yet. On my stock alltel i got 1-4 hrs battery if I was lucky. Now with wifi on full time even in standby I get 6-8 hrs. out and about with data on and decent signal I get 12 hrs plus. I was a huge complainer about poor battery life and am still on the same two batteries that I have had since the phone was released. For the first time ever I feel like this phone can actually compete against the iphone.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Carrier formerly known as Alltel

diveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [061709] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21815 (Build 21815.5.0.5) [Touch Pro ROM & Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Go back and use the Sprint package, and remove the OMC, and the link to the OMC in config_operators.txt. I think the issue is that IO have Sprint specific tethering reg edits. If you use the Sprint package, I think you should be OK. But you don't need the OMC.
used the sprint package. everything is working. rom is sick. ty much.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:15 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: [061709] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21815 (Build 21815.5.0.5) [Touch Pro ROM & Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveman View Post
used the sprint package. everything is working. rom is sick. ty much.
WooHoo!
Old 06-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch
Carrier: sprint

leoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to leoiden
Thumbs up Re: [061709] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21815 (Build 21815.5.0.5) [Touch Pro ROM & Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
WooHoo!
good day bro
wanted to ask you is the wm6.5 appls not included in newer builds like the widgets,microsoft marketplace,outlook live etc,.,.?????
Old 06-22-2009, 02:43 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoiden View Post
good day bro
wanted to ask you is the wm6.5 appls not included in newer builds like the widgets,microsoft marketplace,outlook live etc,.,.?????
They are included.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development