View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 09:41 AM
cmajewsk
VIP Member

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: grooveROM 5 Touch Pro Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
Thanks Worldwide. Let me ask one more question if I may. What really is the benefit for lowering or raising the pagepool? How does it affect performance? I believe that most folks with VZW phones raise it and Sprint and other carriers use a lower pagepool. Why is this? If this ROM is operating smoothly now, what benefit will I see by lowering the pagepool?

Thanks in advance for any insight you may give.

Tp
It's really the opposite - VZW users lower the pagepool while Sprint users typically up the pagepool. The Sprint Touch Pro has more on board memory than the VZW version, so it's users typically have more memory to spare. I've not really ever read anything that specifically states what the pagepool numbers mean and what exactly it affects by changing it. One ting I have read is that without TF3D the pp can actually be set to 16 when running Windows Mobile 6.5. I'll pull this build down and leave it at 24 though.

Sorry for the non-answer.
This post has been thanked 2 times.