PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 06:52 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [061409] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21812 (Build 21812.5.0.5) [Touch Pro ROM & Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonPro View Post
what is the difference in dialer??? Is the tachi dialer the smaller version of the dialer.... I personally like the original dialer with this ROM, bigger buttons and black slide to answer. I dont care for the background pic of the dialer. I would black it all out and have the text become more legible.
From the first post:
Quote:
If you want the Black skin on the HTC S2A Dialer back, look here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1867

If you want a different grooveROM skinned HTC dialpad, look here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1949
Old 06-16-2009, 06:54 PM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Re: [061609] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21812 (Build 21812.5.0.5) [Touch Pro ROM & Kitch

Quote:
**UPDATE [061609]:
- Removed Tachi Dialer
in favor of HTC Stock dialer
- Added additional weather options
(for local Radar URL's)
ROM link up in first post. Updated OEM base up in post 4. Tachi OEM's for those who want them in post 4 also.
If you want Tachi, it's pointless to update to this version.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:12 PM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Re: [061609] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21812 (Build 21812.5.0.5) [Touch Pro ROM & Kitch

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also added hTorch Flashlight 3.2 to the latest ROM and OEM base.

Also added multi-carrier options to the OEM base.

Last edited by indagroove; 06-16-2009 at 10:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond+touch pro+pro 2
Carrier: vzw

ll31@q is just getting started

ok listen this dude iz comin out wit update every freakin day makes me wish u would hit us n da head wit a generic rom so all carriers can feel da madness!!!,by the wy i got da most reliable network,lol not so much(vzw gimp)but would be crazy,(hint).
Old 06-17-2009, 12:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll31@q View Post
ok listen this dude iz comin out wit update every freakin day makes me wish u would hit us n da head wit a generic rom so all carriers can feel da madness!!!,by the wy i got da most reliable network,lol not so much(vzw gimp)but would be crazy,(hint).
This rom works fine on other carriers according to people's posts and what indagroove says in post #1. For verizon though, i'd probably lower the pagepool, and do what ever other tweaks you want to free up mem

Last edited by razorloves; 06-17-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

I am using this ROM on my 6850 (VZW) and I have lowered the page pool to 8 and keep soft resetting to keep the tachi dialer but I may revert to the WM dialer to save ,yself the soft reset process.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro and diamond

har226 is becoming a great contributor

been on this rom for 2 days now just to try it out... had a couple of problems.. I am using manilla....
1. when i select on the messages tab all messages or the message alot of the times it does nothing this goes for alot of things when i select them i looks like it is working but it just freezes and does nothing....
2. when i open the keyboard it goes to landscape then back to regular and blurs the screen...

any ideas....
Old 06-17-2009, 02:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
ROM link up in first post. Updated OEM base up in post 4. Tachi OEM's for those who want them in post 4 also.
If you want Tachi, it's pointless to update to this version.
I thought one of the reasons that the tachi dialer was best was because the HTC Dialer has a problem with WINMO 6.5. Has that now been resolved?

Excuse me if this is a well known answer, I've been out of town for a few days.

Tp
Old 06-17-2009, 02:23 AM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
I thought one of the reasons that the tachi dialer was best was because the HTC Dialer has a problem with WINMO 6.5. Has that now been resolved?

Excuse me if this is a well known answer, I've been out of town for a few days.

Tp
The only problem at this point is ring delay when the lock screen is enabled. Tachi improved that be a second or so, but still some ring delay. The other disadvantages of Tachi out weigh that tiny advantage IMO. I use HTC Dialer every day, so it does work. I just never really lock my phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
The only problem at this point is ring delay when the lock screen is enabled. Tachi improved that be a second or so, but still some ring delay. The other disadvantages of Tachi out weigh that tiny advantage IMO. I use HTC Dialer every day, so it does work. I just never really lock my phone.
Thanks Groove. Really nice ROM. I have been playing with it and everything seems to just work. This is an everyday ROM. Excellent work.

I was looking at the radar urls, you must be up in the yay or bay area, huh? How do you find these radar images. I want some for southern cal, and then some largers ones for the country so I can see when my drivers are heading into bad weather.

Tp

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development