View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 11:36 AM
bruceo
Halfway to VIP Status

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: grooveROM 5 Touch Pro Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
Thanks Worldwide. Let me ask one more question if I may. What really is the benefit for lowering or raising the pagepool? How does it affect performance? I believe that most folks with VZW phones raise it and Sprint and other carriers use a lower pagepool. Why is this? If this ROM is operating smoothly now, what benefit will I see by lowering the pagepool?

Thanks in advance for any insight you may give.

Tp
I used to run static page pools and now I just set it to 0 and let winmo manage it. Seems to be no difference. Running the latest build of 6.5 and it is blistering fast, no loading orb, no out of memory errors. Battery life is best yet. On my stock alltel i got 1-4 hrs battery if I was lucky. Now with wifi on full time even in standby I get 6-8 hrs. out and about with data on and decent signal I get 12 hrs plus. I was a huge complainer about poor battery life and am still on the same two batteries that I have had since the phone was released. For the first time ever I feel like this phone can actually compete against the iphone.
This post has been thanked 2 times.