PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Cricket

lcordero is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |TP|ROM|6.5.5|WWE| * Energy Series 23554/21898 |Mar 30| Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titaniu

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-wrangler View Post
hows that? NRG isnt obligated to make his roms any way except for how he feels like it..if he feels like trying out a new theme, well then, not our place to say otherwise. were lucky enough to have chefs still cooking and more importantly sharing roms with us and our seriously out dated devices.

i agree 100%
Old 04-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: (2)HTC EVO & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jobryan26 is keeping up the good workjobryan26 is keeping up the good work
Re: |TP|ROM|6.5.5|WWE| * Energy Series 23554/21898 |Mar 30| Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titaniu

Quote:
Originally Posted by btngchck View Post
The Max rom does not have the GTX theme....very nice stable rom
Thank you. So maybe it's only the Cookie rom's which have the GTX theme. I am downloading them all now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by btngchck View Post
The Max rom does not have the GTX theme....very nice stable rom
im diggin cookie over max these days so i downloaded the generic (which has no gtx theme) and installed cookie and the cookie dual clock (the one thing i dug about max lol) same here, its workin really slick. i even bumbed my pagepool up to 32 and its super quick and stable
Old 04-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobryan26 View Post
Thank you. So maybe it's only the Cookie rom's which have the GTX theme. I am downloading them all now.
yepper lookin like the cookie rom is the only GTX themed rom
Old 04-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: (2)HTC EVO & HTC Touch Pro

jobryan26 is keeping up the good workjobryan26 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
yepper lookin like the cookie rom is the only GTX themed rom
Thanks my friend. I'm with you..cookie is my fav so I guess I'll do what you have done. Glad to hear it's working smootly for you. I'll take the dive after it completes downloading.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fireballmonkey is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to fireballmonkey

Okay, well it looks like I'm going to have to reflash with a newer ROM. I'm still having the home button issue, and now I'm having another issue where every night, sometime in the middle of the night, the phone completely locks up and requires a soft-reset when I get up in the morning. This also means that if I have an alarm set, it never goes off, and from the time it locks up to the time I get up, the battery doesn't charge either. Very annoying. Hopefully both these issues will be fixed with the April 2 ROM.

I do have another question though. I know you can auto-install cabs and regs with UC, but what if I don't want to lose any of my other stuff? I want to be able to get all my new and customized stuff in again, for example:
  • My contacts, including Facebook linkages and the shortcuts on the People tab
  • Sound settings
  • Email settings
  • Sent and received text messages
  • Customized theme
  • Shortcuts on the Cookie Home Tab (and really the rest of the CHT settings as well)
  • Weather settings
  • WiFi settings
  • Calendar
  • Logins for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
  • Possibly other stuff too...
Someone please help! I really do not want to have to lose all this stuff every time I flash. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I almost forgot... Does XDA_UC install cabs in alphabetical order? I want to know if I can just number them to get them to install in a specific order. Thanks.
Previous
Smartphones: Treo 700p (Verizon), Centro (Sprint), Touch Pro (Sprint)

Last edited by fireballmonkey; 04-03-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireballmonkey View Post
Okay, well it looks like I'm going to have to reflash with a newer ROM. I'm still having the home button issue, and now I'm having another issue where every night, sometime in the middle of the night, the phone completely locks up and requires a soft-reset when I get up in the morning. This also means that if I have an alarm set, it never goes off, and from the time it locks up to the time I get up, the battery doesn't charge either. Very annoying. Hopefully both these issues will be fixed with the April 2 ROM.

I do have another question though. I know you can auto-install cabs and regs with UC, but what if I don't want to lose any of my other stuff? I want to be able to get all my new and customized stuff in again, for example:
  • My contacts, including Facebook linkages and the shortcuts on the People tab
  • Sound settings
  • Email settings
  • Sent and received text messages
  • Customized theme
  • Shortcuts on the Cookie Home Tab (and really the rest of the CHT settings as well)
  • Weather settings
  • WiFi settings
  • Calendar
  • Logins for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
  • Possibly other stuff too...
Someone please help! I really do not want to have to lose all this stuff every time I flash. Thanks.

ok....yes, sashimi and uc and mortscrip - theres a ton of stuff out there to do all that (i personally know squat about it and dont use it. i use PIM backup and thats for contacts and calendar ONLY) so do some reading and you may figure it out. as for the lockups and home key, ive again just spent 10mins hammering thru pages and hitting the home key on my phone and not once did it not go to home. have you tried all that on a stock rom? or a different rom? i mean, no one else seems to havce those issues so maybe its a hardware issue. just a thought but phones do kick the bucket mate
Old 04-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobryan26 View Post
Thanks my friend. I'm with you..cookie is my fav so I guess I'll do what you have done. Glad to hear it's working smootly for you. I'll take the dive after it completes downloading.
absolutely, its working dynamite so far. good luck with er
Old 04-03-2010, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

fabrijack is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisxero View Post
this ROM is very amazing after you install some of the various battery fixes found in this thread. I can now leave my phone on all day and not have to worry about dead battery! I think I could let it sit for 48 hours without charge and still have about 20%. Stock it was miserable though...literally 4 hours dead with a few texts and slight surfing.
which battery mods are you using? Just trying to decide which to try and wanted some feedback on what is working.

Thanks,
Jack

Energy ROM 24631.Sense2.5.Cookie.DinikGlass.Sep.04
Radio 1/12/31F Cellular South
Old 04-03-2010, 02:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fireballmonkey is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to fireballmonkey

Quote:
ok....yes, sashimi and uc and mortscrip - theres a ton of stuff out there to do all that (i personally know squat about it and dont use it. i use PIM backup and thats for contacts and calendar ONLY) so do some reading and you may figure it out. as for the lockups and home key, ive again just spent 10mins hammering thru pages and hitting the home key on my phone and not once did it not go to home. have you tried all that on a stock rom? or a different rom? i mean, no one else seems to havce those issues so maybe its a hardware issue. just a thought but phones do kick the bucket mate
Thanks for the suggestions. I know it isn't a hardware issue though. It didn't start happening until I installed this specific ROM, and other people are having the issue too. And the lockup thing used to happen occasionally on MightyROM, like maybe once a month or so, but on this one it's happening every night. I'll flash dance and do the April 2 ROM though, and see if it helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro