View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 02:00 PM
the-wrangler
Regular 'Geeker

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler
Re: |TP|ROM|6.5.5|WWE| * Energy Series 23554/21898 |Mar 30| Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titaniu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireballmonkey View Post
Okay, well it looks like I'm going to have to reflash with a newer ROM. I'm still having the home button issue, and now I'm having another issue where every night, sometime in the middle of the night, the phone completely locks up and requires a soft-reset when I get up in the morning. This also means that if I have an alarm set, it never goes off, and from the time it locks up to the time I get up, the battery doesn't charge either. Very annoying. Hopefully both these issues will be fixed with the April 2 ROM.

I do have another question though. I know you can auto-install cabs and regs with UC, but what if I don't want to lose any of my other stuff? I want to be able to get all my new and customized stuff in again, for example:
  • My contacts, including Facebook linkages and the shortcuts on the People tab
  • Sound settings
  • Email settings
  • Sent and received text messages
  • Customized theme
  • Shortcuts on the Cookie Home Tab (and really the rest of the CHT settings as well)
  • Weather settings
  • WiFi settings
  • Calendar
  • Logins for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
  • Possibly other stuff too...
Someone please help! I really do not want to have to lose all this stuff every time I flash. Thanks.

ok....yes, sashimi and uc and mortscrip - theres a ton of stuff out there to do all that (i personally know squat about it and dont use it. i use PIM backup and thats for contacts and calendar ONLY) so do some reading and you may figure it out. as for the lockups and home key, ive again just spent 10mins hammering thru pages and hitting the home key on my phone and not once did it not go to home. have you tried all that on a stock rom? or a different rom? i mean, no one else seems to havce those issues so maybe its a hardware issue. just a thought but phones do kick the bucket mate