PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler
Re: |TP|ROM|6.5.5|WWE| * Energy Series 23554/21898 |Mar 30| Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titaniu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireballmonkey View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I know it isn't a hardware issue though. It didn't start happening until I installed this specific ROM, and other people are having the issue too. And the lockup thing used to happen occasionally on MightyROM, like maybe once a month or so, but on this one it's happening every night. I'll flash dance and do the April 2 ROM though, and see if it helps.
10-4 good place to start for sure. god i hate the word 'flashdance', but def flash to stock before the new one. i actually flashed straight from the 30th to the 2nd rom and so far no issues.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Bell

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler
Re: |TP|ROM|6.5.5|WWE| * Energy Series 23554/21898 |Mar 30| Sense 2.5 / 2.1 / Titaniu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terencec View Post
And how do we remove the white gtx theme
There are tons of issues and limitations with this white theme.
And some specific to the Energy Roms.
easy - flash the max or the regular really the easiest way mate
Old 04-03-2010, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

btngchck is just getting started

Quote:
Okay, well it looks like I'm going to have to reflash with a newer ROM. I'm still having the home button issue, and now I'm having another issue where every night, sometime in the middle of the night, the phone completely locks up and requires a soft-reset when I get up in the morning. This also means that if I have an alarm set, it never goes off, and from the time it locks up to the time I get up, the battery doesn't charge either. Very annoying. Hopefully both these issues will be fixed with the April 2 ROM.

I do have another question though. I know you can auto-install cabs and regs with UC, but what if I don't want to lose any of my other stuff? I want to be able to get all my new and customized stuff in again, for example:
  • My contacts, including Facebook linkages and the shortcuts on the People tab
  • Sound settings
  • Email settings
  • Sent and received text messages
  • Customized theme
  • Shortcuts on the Cookie Home Tab (and really the rest of the CHT settings as well)
  • Weather settings
  • WiFi settings
  • Calendar
  • Logins for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
  • Possibly other stuff too...
Someone please help! I really do not want to have to lose all this stuff every time I flash. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I almost forgot... Does XDA_UC install cabs in alphabetical order? I want to know if I can just number them to get them to install in a specific order. Thanks.
Check out Sashimi..........there are tutorials to walk you through the basics

http://www.winmo-experts.com/
Old 04-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO
Carrier: Sprint

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-wrangler View Post
hows that? NRG isnt obligated to make his roms any way except for how he feels like it..if he feels like trying out a new theme, well then, not our place to say otherwise. were lucky enough to have chefs still cooking and more importantly sharing roms with us and our seriously out dated devices.

Ive been w NRG since i got my phone, All the previous builds nice n smooth.. recent ones not too hot. 1) sms fix 2) 30 day windows exp?? 3) that provision carrier thing... horrible i loaded it up and bam, i would press the home button it takes me to the add new contacts??..lol. i uninstalled it and NO problem, home took me to home... Another thing this isnt my only phone i got im also rollin w da HERO! =D>
Old 04-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Okay, well it looks like I'm going to have to reflash with a newer ROM. I'm still having the home button issue, and now I'm having another issue where every night, sometime in the middle of the night, the phone completely locks up and requires a soft-reset when I get up in the morning. This also means that if I have an alarm set, it never goes off, and from the time it locks up to the time I get up, the battery doesn't charge either. Very annoying. Hopefully both these issues will be fixed with the April 2 ROM.

I do have another question though. I know you can auto-install cabs and regs with UC, but what if I don't want to lose any of my other stuff? I want to be able to get all my new and customized stuff in again, for example:
  • My contacts, including Facebook linkages and the shortcuts on the People tab
  • Sound settings
  • Email settings
  • Sent and received text messages
  • Customized theme
  • Shortcuts on the Cookie Home Tab (and really the rest of the CHT settings as well)
  • Weather settings
  • WiFi settings
  • Calendar
  • Logins for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
  • Possibly other stuff too...
Someone please help! I really do not want to have to lose all this stuff every time I flash. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I almost forgot... Does XDA_UC install cabs in alphabetical order? I want to know if I can just number them to get them to install in a specific order. Thanks.
UNINSTALL whatever carrier you picked from the carrier application...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Cricket

kris812 is keeping up the good workkris812 is keeping up the good work

I've never ran the max ver. because the icons don't line up but on Apr02 version the cookie doesnt look too well.. Can anyone make tell how to clean this issue up on the max versions? Thanks in advance
Old 04-03-2010, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

DropZone9540 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylui View Post
uninstall whatever carrier you picked from the carrier application...
thank you!
Old 04-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropZone9540 View Post
thank you!
Your welcome
Old 04-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

trigga-t is a n00b

only issue i have with this rom is headset volume is alittle quiet and the battery life
Old 04-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigga-t View Post
only issue i have with this rom is headset volume is alittle quiet and the battery life

Download the battery enhance..that should give it a lil boost of energy

Touch Pro Battery Enhancement.cab

Last edited by LuckyLui; 04-03-2010 at 06:45 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro