PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: h|Oct 10|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. Energy .¸¸.·´¯ 6.5|21916 / 6.5.X|21681 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp_TP View Post
what is the sencity rom package?

check his rhodium link:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...se-2019-a.html

looks like a slight variation of the cookie energy theme...gonna try it next.

Last edited by christian.a; 11-06-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: sprint

shawn007 is a n00b
Re: h|Nov 3|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. Energy .¸¸.·´¯ 6.5|21916 / 6.5.X|21683 * Sense 2019

I just installed today. I upgraded from MightyRom.

A few times the phone froze on me and I had to press the reset button with the stylus. Everytime I press the reset button it does a hard reset and deletes all contacts/texts/software that I installed. I don't know if this is a bug or if anyone else has experienced this.

When I pressed reset before on mightyrom and stock rom it did a soft reset and kept my files. Anyone have a solution for this?
Old 11-06-2010, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

jrebo is keeping up the good workjrebo is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I recommend running Task29 before flashing a rom. If you are still having problems redownload the rom. Also, when you have a problem with a rom list which rom you are using so we can determine if it is rom-specific. good luck, these are the best rims you'll find for the touch pro.

Last edited by jrebo; 11-06-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Lurker

shawn007 is a n00b

Another weird thing happend. I was in the middle of typing a text message and I realized the contacts person's name on the incomming message changed into the phone number. Then I checked my contacts and all were gone. I decided to do a soft reset again by pressing the reset button with the stylus and now the phone is stuck on the Touch Pro screen with the red letters/numbers. It wont go forward.

I had installed the Energy rom that was released on Nov 3.

Can someone help me get my phone to turn back on?

UPDATE: I tried the instructions: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...tarting-2.html on the first page.

Then reinstalled the rom. Then I found a Task29 fourm: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=670358. Downloaded Task29 I put in the Touchpro boot loader. Then I reflashed with the energy rom and now waiting for it to set up

Last edited by shawn007; 11-06-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: h|Oct 10|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. Energy .¸¸.·´¯ 6.5|21916 / 6.5.X|21681 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by spycom View Post
Bah, I haven't bothered with this is in a while but I decided to do the steps to set my Sprint TP up for MMS. (Remove cab/Arcsoft) I don't even know if its needed anymore, but its habit. Now, after soft-reset I am getting that damned "Program does not have sufficient permissions" message. Whats up with that?

What version of Arcsoft is any of you other Sprint TP users using... using it with any luck?

this is the one i always use if I run across mms issues:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...-5.0.82.79.cab

HTH
Old 11-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

WOW!! thanks NRG! Your latest 21683.Sense2.5.Cookie.Nov.03 is fast and smooth. MyLocation updates as it should without having to use weather editor but i still need to check if MMS issues still need usual fix. Other than that, thanks again for continuing to provide us with the latest ROMS available for the TP.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Lurker

Dockeydidit is a n00b
Exclamation Re: h|Nov 3|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. Energy .¸¸.·´¯ 6.5|21916 / 6.5.X|21683 * Sense 2019

FOUND GLITCHES

and my first custom ROM install.
"Energy.HERMAN.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGlas s.Nov.03" During the setup I noticed a couple glitches.

Sprint HTC Touch Pro Raph800
Res 480 x 640
Was using stock SprintTouchProMR2.01.651.6 with SPB Shell

When I set up the connection to my Wifi; it looked like it should, in portrait mode, but when I opened the keyboard to type in the security code. The screen was about 300% zoomed and stretched out in landscape mode. I was able to see the input field though. The signal strength was completely across the screen. Reflash did not fix this.

In landscape for messaging, the onscreen keyboard letters don't match up with the key graphics (not in any landscape, once I started playing around). and I can't seem to get it to change from "Touch Input" to any other keyboard and stay. It keeps changing back.

After a day of playing with this new setup, my screen went all fuzzy. the top and bottom bars stayed crystal clear but everything in the center had fine diagonal lines through it that made it unreadable. I restarted and even pulled the battery to fix it and it came back; minor lines the next time. So I reflashed this same ROM and so far so good with this issue.

At set up, the quick links keep spanning across screens in landscape. I had to move and adjust them each time.

I have also noticed in a few places the text is cut off by another field.

I also tried to turn on the clock to stay on in all programs on the top bar and only half of it shows and it's overlapping the battery icon. After I reflashed, it works fine.

Since I am new, when you install a basic program, is the icon suposed to stay dull and boring or should it take on that box look like the quick links when you set it as a quick link?

Lastly, I had my phone charging from the wall and it just randomly went into sync mode. Wifi and bluetooth are NOT on. After about 10 sec it went back to Home screen. This was after the reflash.

Otherwise, this is a really cool ROM. Thanks for all the tweak options. I look forward to playing with the others once I get bored wtih this one. I do miss the wifi printing so I guess I'll have to go hunt that down.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Lurker

shawn007 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockeydidit View Post
In landscape for messaging, the onscreen keyboard letters don't match up with the key graphics (not in any landscape, once I started playing around). and I can't seem to get it to change from "Touch Input" to any other keyboard and stay. It keeps changing back.
Same issue. I came on the forum today to post it but I guess you beat me to it.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800, Alltel TP Raphael 800
Carrier: Vz

joeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockeydidit View Post
FOUND GLITCHES

and my first custom ROM install.
"Energy.HERMAN.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGlas s.Nov.03" During the setup I noticed a couple glitches.

Sprint HTC Touch Pro Raph800
Res 480 x 640
Was using stock SprintTouchProMR2.01.651.6 with SPB Shell

When I set up the connection to my Wifi; it looked like it should, in portrait mode, but when I opened the keyboard to type in the security code. The screen was about 300% zoomed and stretched out in landscape mode. I was able to see the input field though. The signal strength was completely across the screen. Reflash did not fix this.
This is because Sense is not native VGA & the guys who ported it never bothered to correct that page. It's so rarely used that it's not a high priority. Typing will still work even if you can't see everything, nothing NRG can do about it.
Quote:
It has been reported that simply installing any cab & restarting will fix this. I should add that I am not using the same ROM, but these two items sound identical to known issues.

The rest of your issues may be related to issue 1 or a bad flash. Many folks swear by the Task 29 process for eliminating these quirks. You may also want to read up on CHT 2.0 as it's new & may have issues of it's own. Also note that a search of the thread would have largely yielded the same info, but props for the thorough post.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

tieman123 is a n00b

Inbound MMS still does not work for this ROM for Cricket users. Icon turns to 1x for a second then disappears. Can send MMS just fine!

Other than that it's a great ROM. Very fast!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro