PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Hssarth is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |WWE|Herman|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 14| 21911|23569 - Sense 2.1 /2.5 / MaxSe

Just flashed to the 23569 Max Sense from stock.

First boot:
-Loaded fine, then nearly crashed on the screen callibration. The screen went white until I guessed where the cursor locations were. It then had me callibrate again.
-Physical keyboard would not work (but would close the virtual keyboard if I hit anything).

Second boot:
-Physical keyboard works just fine.
-Hitting the physical home button gets rid of the start button and the task manager dropdown.
-The task manager dropdown takes up to 5s to load ArkSwitch, whereas it would load instantly if I hit home, get rid of the icons at the top and clicked the bar.
-Arrow keys would not work in mail configuration, but would work in IE.
-Hitting a notification button would change the status of a bar placed below the appointment notification bar, where I was supposed to click another icon to get to whichever screen I had been trying to get to.

Third boot:
-The bar under the appointment notification bar disappeared, allowing me to get to whichever screen the notification icons above that corresponded with in one click.
-Hitting the physical home button now only covers up 98% of the intended bar at the top instead of making it disappear completely.

Fourth boot:
-The bug with the physical home button now only happens on the home screen (or one of it's tabs or sub-screens), and not with anything else up.

Subsequent boots:
-No change.

Additional:
-When the physical home button bug occurs, the notification icons no longer function as buttons, but everything else will.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC P3000
Carrier: Reliance

intimateangel is a n00b
Re: |WWE|Herman|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 14| 21911|23569 - Sense 2.1 /2.5 / MaxSe

Awesome Rom. Just brilliant, fresh and magnificent.

If only HTC and Microsoft had some brains to do something like this with the stock.

But to hell with them.. When people like you are there, who needs them...! Other than the fact that they made the phone!

Your time to time updates are so handy and its keeping the touch pro cool and alive!

Hats off to you! God bless you man!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC P3000
Carrier: Reliance

intimateangel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hssarth View Post
Just flashed to the 23569 Max Sense from stock.

First boot:
-Loaded fine, then nearly crashed on the screen callibration. The screen went white until I guessed where the cursor locations were. It then had me callibrate again.
-Physical keyboard would not work (but would close the virtual keyboard if I hit anything).

Second boot:
-Physical keyboard works just fine.
-Hitting the physical home button gets rid of the start button and the task manager dropdown.
-The task manager dropdown takes up to 5s to load ArkSwitch, whereas it would load instantly if I hit home, get rid of the icons at the top and clicked the bar.
-Arrow keys would not work in mail configuration, but would work in IE.
-Hitting a notification button would change the status of a bar placed below the appointment notification bar, where I was supposed to click another icon to get to whichever screen I had been trying to get to.

Third boot:
-The bar under the appointment notification bar disappeared, allowing me to get to whichever screen the notification icons above that corresponded with in one click.
-Hitting the physical home button now only covers up 98% of the intended bar at the top instead of making it disappear completely.

Fourth boot:
-The bug with the physical home button now only happens on the home screen (or one of it's tabs or sub-screens), and not with anything else up.

Subsequent boots:
-No change.

Additional:
-When the physical home button bug occurs, the notification icons no longer function as buttons, but everything else will.

You might wanna do a proper flash again.. The Rom has very few bugs, even if there are its really not noticeable. Millions of people are running the Rom properly without any issues which means that there must be something wrong with what you did with your flashing...
Please do try flashing again properly and then report..
Such meticulous list of avoidable problems can be avoided by following a correct procedure..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800, Alltel TP Raphael 800
Carrier: Vz

joeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hssarth View Post
Just flashed to the 23569 Max Sense from stock... <list of issues>...
Welcome all ye who have yet to learn the glories of Task29! That, and Maxsense is still a WIP, so be sure to peruse it's thread on XDA.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Pro

crismoore is a n00b
Question Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Jun 12| 21905|23569 ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSense¯)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crismoore View Post
For me in Energy.HERMAN.23569.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jun.12
Wifi Router
does not maintain a stable connection for more than 5 min.....keep getting pop up error: "unsupported or unavailable connection".

I've dropped back to Energy.HERMAN.23566.Sense2.5.Cookie.HomeTab.May.02 and my wifi connection is stable again.
WifiRouter continues to be an issue for me.

I've tried the following roms doing the flash dance each time:
Energy.HERMAN.23569.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jul.14
Energy.HERMAN.21911.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jul.14

I start up WifiRouter and make a wireless connection from my laptop. After about 5 or less minutes of browsing the internet from my PC, I stop being able to reach web sites and my PC icon indicates that Wireless connection is lost.

On the phone screen, the error message is displayed (see attached image).

I've tried to disable settings that seem related to suspending wifi on sleep but this does not appear to help.

If I fall back to an older rom (Energy.HERMAN.23566.Sense2.5.Cookie.HomeTab.May.0 2), wifirouter works well.

Am I the only one this is happening to?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (6.9 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3.jpg (10.8 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot4.jpg (9.4 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hssarth is just getting started

As a very off-hand comment, all I could think of when reading your post was "You're doing it wrong", despite doing a flashdance. :P ANYWAY...

I ran Task 29.

Changes in first boot:
-No white screen on calibration
-No bar under appointment bar, but the notification icons still don't work.
(Yes, this does mean all other points previously listed still apply.)

Changes in second boot:
-Still no bar under the appointpents, but hitting the physical 'home' button in an application now locks up the sense UI by putting it on an application list with no way out other than rebooting. I can't access any menu except ArkSwitch and Slide2Shutdown.
-Everything else still applies.

Third boot and on:
-Same as above, except that the crash will now occasionally happen on the home screen, too.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

k1dkash is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzK View Post
The new rom is awesome, but every other time my phone freezes and I have to (soft) reset it, it always says "please wait while your device is starting for the first time" and I have to reload everything all over again.

Is there any way to reset the device and not have it erase everything I just did?
I have experienced the exact same thing. It has hard reset itself twice in 3 days. I thought it was just me. But I hope that it isn't an isolated event because I love this ROM....

Did doing Task29 help out with your problem?

Last edited by k1dkash; 07-17-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BurgsideTiger is keeping up the good workBurgsideTiger is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dkash View Post
I have experienced the exact same thing. It has hard reset itself twice in 3 days. I thought it was just me. But I hope that it isn't an isolated event because I love this ROM....

Did doing Task29 help out with your problem?

I had this issue the first time that I flashed a rom. I even came off of stock, just flashing my 1st rom.

Task29 is def the fix you need. Reading the task29 thread makes it sound scary, but just read a few pages of posts to find what others are doing, and what they have done wrong, and you will be fine. Just read, read, and read again.
personally im not a fan of the reach around either. its not that per se, but more whats going on behind!. i hope you meant they always give you the run around, cuz if not, id avoid that store altogether!
Old 07-18-2010, 03:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

xmln3x@gmail.com is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxmln3x@gmail.com is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxmln3x@gmail.com is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefnickb View Post
Does anyone know if NRGZ cooks an Audio Para fix in his ROM's or will it hurt to install a .cab fix....?.?.?.?
I couldn't find it cooked in, but I did install a .cab fix and haven't had any issues.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

xmln3x@gmail.com is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxmln3x@gmail.com is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxmln3x@gmail.com is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgsideTiger View Post
+1

also, someone mentioned earlier about the keyboard not working after flashing. Yes, this happens everytime to me. Its not a big deal tho, just install some cabs, softreset, and your golden!!!!

+1 also to being hooked on maxsense. My brother just brought a cryphone, and while he is waiting for it in the mail, I was showing him about switching from one interface to another. I went from stock, and showed him pics, to sense 2.5, with pics, and now with maxsense on my phone. I don't really know for sure, but I don't believe that you can do that with a cryphone, lol.

It really makes it feel like I upgraded my phone. Stock was sooooo slow, sense 2.5 was a huge speed increase. And now with maxsense, its like a different phone, with different features.

Although, I am average with computer skills, and phone os, I am embarrassed to admit that I accidently deleted the start button on the phone while texting at work, and it took me 4 hours, off and on, to figure out how to get it back. Honestly, felt real dumb.
But it was on day one, so what do you expect.

Kinda along the same lines of being able to delete the recycle bin on vista. For some features you just have to ask yourself. . . . why?
Hey... you mentioned cabs for the hard keyboard not working... any chance you have those? I haven't been able to locate something or maybe I'm just crappy at phrasing search subjects... but any help would be appreciate.

Also, I'm loving max sense... but does anyone know of a task manager or how to access it in max sense.. without using the win task manager? Max Sense definitely needs a user guide... but its awesome as is so far...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro