PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 08:07 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Winmo, Root, Three...anyone, I know some had issues with my location failing a while back. I didn't experience it then but I am now. Any words of advice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I've had it bug out in different locations...I think it has a lot to do with your signal strength and locale. ...at least that's what Ive picked up travelling around.

I've also found that knocking all of the custom cities out helps.

Hows your other GPS?
Quote:
GPS is fine. Odd though, worked sittin in my lazyboy one day then BAM still in the chair and no work.
I have had bad exper from the get-go with My Location. The only time it has ever worked for me is when I roam and only with Caulk and NRG, any other ROM I have never got it to work. Haven't had issues with Google maps since the early oct builds and still have had no luck with my location. I have tried many different fixes that have been posted by others in this thread and several different threads and still nothing. I have no troubles with any GPS tools or anything. Have tried cabs, other GPS tools and about every radio available and still only get my ocation when roaming. Let me know if ya figure anything out. I have just about given up on that feature.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started
Thumbs down Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

haven't gotten to try it out much, but, kudos for the manila 2.5! been waiting to see if someone was going to actually port it to the TP, and, so far, i love it! although i will still probably roll to the hd2 when it shows up, you have given my TP some much needed love. thank you!

edit : not sure why the thumbs down icon is on my post :/ should be eleventy four thumbs up
Old 11-08-2009, 08:38 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

...I dont think I put it in the guide...and it may be the install of the max manila cab, but you can use touchpro tweeks to change the right softkey to something other than phone.

not sure if it was posted.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: iusacell

chanfle is a n00b
Question Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

hello all....
how i can update on twitter tab...???
my phone on this moment updated on new file with manila 2.5....
Old 11-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
I've had it bug out in different locations...I think it has a lot to do with your signal strength and locale. ...at least that's what Ive picked up travelling around.

I've also found that knocking all of the custom cities out helps.

Hows your other GPS?
I don't think it is entirely dependent on GPS. I can be inside the hospital I work at with absolutely no gps signal but weather will still update. I think it has more to do with where the cell signal is coming from.

Just my 0.02

David
Old 11-08-2009, 09:12 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanfle View Post
hello all....
how i can update on twitter tab...???
my phone on this moment updated on new file with manila 2.5....

Twitter login you must.. Mmm yes.
Update then you shall.
NRG Manila 2.5 it is.
Work it does.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

wosiek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Twitter login you must.. Mmm yes.
Update then you shall.
NRG Manila 2.5 it is.
Work it does.
You should change your custom tag to Yoda..
Old 11-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
GPS is fine. Odd though, worked sittin in my lazyboy one day then BAM still in the chair and no work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
I have had bad exper from the get-go with My Location. The only time it has ever worked for me is when I roam and only with Caulk and NRG, any other ROM I have never got it to work. Haven't had issues with Google maps since the early oct builds and still have had no luck with my location. I have tried many different fixes that have been posted by others in this thread and several different threads and still nothing. I have no troubles with any GPS tools or anything. Have tried cabs, other GPS tools and about every radio available and still only get my ocation when roaming. Let me know if ya figure anything out. I have just about given up on that feature.
I guess I'm fashionably late to the party. As I understand it (like Three said) My Location largely works off of cell tower communication. It CAN use GPS for a more accurate signal gut it doesnt HAVE to use GPS. Non-GPS phones can use My Location.
ahuskins-if your noticing a decreasse in function wher it used to be good, I'd give it a day or three and see if it isnt a network issue.
If you dont see an improvement I'd look to non-GPS fixes as well like PRL updates and radio changes.
11-04 was the first ROM where it didnt work for me straight away. I went to Location Services, turned it on, soft reset, and it was fine from there. 11-05 Iwas back to working straight out da box.
whotahn-Dude, I dunno, cant think of anything you haven't tried. You didnt list PRL update but I assume you did it. The fact that it followed you ROM to ROM and you know the Stock Flashdance may point to an issue with your phone itself but I havent got a clue to what it could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
does this have animation weather animation on main today page like touch pro 2 one?
Yes and it rocks!
Edit-just to be clear, it doesnt have the animated wallpaper but it does have the incredible animation.
Quote:
...I dont think I put it in the guide...and it may be the install of the max manila cab, but you can use touchpro tweeks to change the right softkey to something other than phone.

not sure if it was posted.
You meant Left Key correct? Must be the cab, the boyz over at xda talk about how the manila files for the keys have changed in 2.5 so the cab creator must put in some new mojo.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-08-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rcharles is becoming a great contributor

I've got the black lettering also on my contacts. makes them impossible to see. 2.5 with the max mod.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

awitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

NRGZ28

Changed to new WVGA ROMs. New homecreen look, fixed slider overlaps, new Sense 2.1.1920, new 23504 build

Maybe we will be next?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro