PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Liquidarmz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' (21812) ** || Build date 61209 ||

I also am getting random resets and occasional freezes. As annoying as it may be....I still wouldn't trade this ROM for another
(FYI: I haven't flash any radios)
Old 06-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' (21812) ** || Build date 61209 ||

I've been working on the two most annoying problems for me. Battery drain and the problem where at the end of a call sometimes the screen would stay black and the phone would freeze. I was over on XDA going through the InCall Screen Tweak thread. For those that may not know, this app is cooked in and controls power and screen function during a call. Reading through the thread, some users were commenting on extreme battery drain with this app. Same rate as most of us. They also were having issues with the end of call lock ups. Here is what I came across and it seemed to have fixed both my problems. Although I have only tested for about 4 hours.

I was seeing at least 10% battery drain an hour before this reg edit. After, I am down to what I remember as a normal 1-2%. I tried the reg edit 3 times back and forth to verify. Also I placed about 25 calls and had no end of call lock ups

It seems way too simple, but maybe someone else can give it a try to verify. I'm hoping for good extended results.

Here is a link to page 71 of the thread where one user had done extensive testing on battery drain while using this app and this reg edit. Previous pages (69) also contain good battery drain discussions. Overall the thread is great and the developer looks to be very responsive. He suggested: Those people that are experiencing excessive power usage, can you do me a favour and rename the Touch_InCall_Screen_Tweak.exe in your windows folder to something else. This will prevent TICST from operating properly, but will indicate whether the power drain is something other than it running.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...488991&page=71

And here is the reg edit:

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\FaceDownMuteRing
change to 0
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO FO SHO

MRGATO14 is becoming a great contributor

This Is My First Post So Im A Newb, But This Is The Most Dependable, Reliable Rom That I've Used Up To Date. Keep Up The Awesome Job Kudos And Let Me Spread The Word Energy Rom 3.0 Is The Best=d>=d>=d>=d>=d>=d> =d>=d>=d>=d>=d>=d>=d>=d>=d>=d>=d>=d>=d>=d>=d>=d>=d >=d>=d>=d>=d>=d>=d>=d>
Old 06-18-2009, 01:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mongul> touch > diamond > touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to ezln0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
I've been working on the two most annoying problems for me. Battery drain and the problem where at the end of a call sometimes the screen would stay black and the phone would freeze. I was over on XDA going through the InCall Screen Tweak thread. For those that may not know, this app is cooked in and controls power and screen function during a call. Reading through the thread, some users were commenting on extreme battery drain with this app. Same rate as most of us. They also were having issues with the end of call lock ups. Here is what I came across and it seemed to have fixed both my problems. Although I have only tested for about 4 hours.

I was seeing at least 10% battery drain an hour before this reg edit. After, I am down to what I remember as a normal 1-2%. I tried the reg edit 3 times back and forth to verify. Also I placed about 25 calls and had no end of call lock ups

It seems way too simple, but maybe someone else can give it a try to verify. I'm hoping for good extended results.

Here is a link to page 71 of the thread where one user had done extensive testing on battery drain while using this app and this reg edit. Previous pages (69) also contain good battery drain discussions. Overall the thread is great and the developer looks to be very responsive. He suggested: Those people that are experiencing excessive power usage, can you do me a favour and rename the Touch_InCall_Screen_Tweak.exe in your windows folder to something else. This will prevent TICST from operating properly, but will indicate whether the power drain is something other than it running.

change to 0
you can just use diamond tweak to the disable mute call instead of doing the reg edit and diamond tweak its also cooked it too and its easier

Old 06-18-2009, 02:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker

ezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularezln0423 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post

change to 0
I like this rom a lot I just have a 3 problems 1.when texting every time I get a new text when I open it highlight the text so I can’t time. 2. Overheating the battery gets super hot all the time. 3. battery drain but hopefully after I disabled the mute call it helps with that another problem is that the phone runs too slow but I have the same problem with all the 6.5 roms so I don’t really count that one lol.
-E Z L N-
Old 06-18-2009, 02:37 AM
Lurker

mytheory. is a n00b

I don't know if anybody has had this problem... but when I download from the second link I can't seem to run the RUU after unzipping it. And the first link seems to be broken. I have been using a later version of this rom and have had no problems downloading and running it.

It is only down for the day, or am I doing some thing wrong?

Thanks.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

Well After trying to search through the 2,300 posts I have yet to find the answer, so here I go (picture attached) when in landscape mode with this Rom the right side of the screen is cut off, which is a little annoying.

I am also interested in how to reactivate auto-rotation when I turn my phone sideways...

Since I'm making this post I'll throw in one more thing....

My wife has the same phone, I performed the same updates on it...Whenever she is on a call longer than say..15 minutes the phone literally locks up & I have to remove the battery to restart it. This does not occur with the stock ROM. Any thoughts?
Old 06-18-2009, 04:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytheory. View Post
I don't know if anybody has had this problem... but when I download from the second link I can't seem to run the RUU after unzipping it. And the first link seems to be broken. I have been using a later version of this rom and have had no problems downloading and running it.

It is only down for the day, or am I doing some thing wrong?

Thanks.
i had the same problem when i dowloaded it from the second link like five days ago... what i did was; i got the nbh file from the energy ruu and put it in another ruu. it work give it a try just make sure you remove the nbh file of the ruu you are going to use and replace it with energys one.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolApathy View Post
Well After trying to search through the 2,300 posts I have yet to find the answer, so here I go (picture attached) when in landscape mode with this Rom the right side of the screen is cut off, which is a little annoying.

I am also interested in how to reactivate auto-rotation when I turn my phone sideways...

Since I'm making this post I'll throw in one more thing....

My wife has the same phone, I performed the same updates on it...Whenever she is on a call longer than say..15 minutes the phone literally locks up & I have to remove the battery to restart it. This does not occur with the stock ROM. Any thoughts?
that happen to me too lol.. i figured out tho its because you are using a costum clock i guess you cant use costum clocks since they are made for tf3d not tf3d2 just remove the costum clock and everything would be fine... i hope that helps
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:16 AM
Lurker

mytheory. is a n00b

Hey do you think you could elaborate some more?

I replaced the nbh of the 6/13 version of the energy rom with the nbh of a pervious version of the energy rom. However, this still did not work.

Was this what you were talking about or is there something more I need to do?

Thanks again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro