PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 08:53 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Testing out the NEW TEST rom with Rhodium dialer.

So far it seems to be much the same as Oct 25th release.
It is good and solid.
Very clean and crisp visuals.

The new EZinput seems slower than the last version still.
Still has the hardware keyboard issues because of the new EZinput as well.
Still have to map out TXT and Email keys.

Dialer still has the bug when you connect but hit end right away, it will send the dialer to the back and you can not hang up.
Fix would be to either use WM or a third party dialer or just not hit end so soon after talk button.

Freezing in messages is fixed with the change of having Showcase 1.0.1b cooked in this time around.

All that being said all these issues can all be fixed in about 5 minutes with fixes we already have.

No new bugs to report and at least 1 fix.

Still a rock solid rom.
Still testing.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:56 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
For whatever reason, when I plug my phone into my laptop (win7, or even in XP) the option does not show up to choose activesync or disk transfer. I can't flash back to a stock ROM. pissing me off.

also I cant get into boot loader mode.
Have you tried deleting the partnership on the PC-side and reconnecting the device to re-establish a sync relationship? If it's a software conflict, that may help, but if its not giving you any usb type options on the device, it could be something more concerning.

This was the behavior when my USB failed...I was able to get it into bootlader, but it wouldnt recognize the USB, so I had to flash from the storage card. Having a storage card reader for the PC makes it a breeze...lock it up and get a replacement jammy.

...new emoticons:
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:02 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Have you tried deleting the partnership on the PC-side and reconnecting the device to re-establish a sync relationship? If it's a software conflict, that may help, but if its not giving you any usb type options on the device, it could be something more concerning.

This was the behavior when my USB failed...I was able to get it into bootlader, but it wouldnt recognize the USB, so I had to flash from the storage card. Having a storage card reader for the PC makes it a breeze...lock it up and get a replacement jammy.

...new emoticons:
Problem is, before when I would connect my usb to my laptop I would get the screen on my phone that asked what I wanted to do, I don't even get that option to even TRY to activesync.

Also there is no partnership with the PC yet. Could it be my USB cord?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:11 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Problem is, before when I would connect my usb to my laptop I would get the screen on my phone that asked what I wanted to do, I don't even get that option to even TRY to activesync.

Troubleshoot the cord first. See if it will charge from a car charger, if you have one...if it doesn't work, your usb may be fried. It happens. It happened to me the other week and I was able to get the device replaced.

The symptoms were as you described, the PC nor device would recognize they connected at all...but the device would charge from the charger or when connected to the PC. Car chargers would no longer work...and going into bootloader with the device connected to a USB wouldn't register [it displays "serial" in the white section of bootloader]. Hardware fail city.

It shouldn't effect bootloader [you should be able to get the device into the tricolor screen no prob], so all is not lost...but you'll need to flash stock and relock from your storage card, which is actually pretty simple.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 10-29-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS
Carrier: Verizon

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

Quote:

If its not asking you what you want to do when you first connect to PC, could you have checked "dont ask again" go in to settings\connections\USB to PC and make sure it has a check next to "ask me first". if its not connecting via active sync, I know it sounds stupid, but have you rebooted your pc? and soft reset device. when ever i have problem with connecting that usually does the trick..

it definately could be your usb, sometimes if i bump mine when its connected to PC it will disconnect..

Last edited by shaolinsoldier79; 10-29-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work

odd my ezinput seems normal to me, the hardware keyboard is still messed up but that is b/c version 2.1 is still jacked up... the rom is awsome though like always
Old 10-29-2009, 09:32 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Troubleshoot the cord first. See if it will charge from a car charger, if you have one...if it doesn't work, your usb may be fried. It happens. It happened to me the other week and I was able to get the device replaced.

The symptoms were as you described, the PC nor device would recognize they connected at all...but the device would charge from the charger or when connected to the PC. Car chargers would no longer work...and going into bootloader with the device connected to a USB wouldn't register [it displays "serial" in the white section of bootloader]. Hardware fail city.

It shouldn't effect bootloader [you should be able to get the device into the tricolor screen no prob], so all is not lost...but you'll need to flash stock and relock from your storage card, which is actually pretty simple.
How can I get the files onto the storage card? What other medium other than my phone (I can't access it as a disk drive either, just tried) can I use? I don't have a media card reader.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work

what Radio version does 23081 run?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:35 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
odd my ezinput seems normal to me, the hardware keyboard is still messed up but that is b/c version 2.1 is still jacked up... the rom is awsome though like always
Maybe it seems slower to me because the text pops up all over the place for correction.
I prefer the old method that just stays above the keypad.

Solid rom as I said before.
NRG never releases a bad rom.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:40 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Meaning I can't activesync to either activesync 4.0 or WMDC. Since having this ROM I also get a device cannot connect malfunction error.
Before you spend forever trying too many fixes.
Check your USB cable.
Maybe try another one to rule out a bad cable.

I usually have to close Active Sync on the device and also on the PC when I can not connect.

These cables are not that great as well.
If it slides to far to one side sometimes it won't connect.
Before you flash and flash the device make sure to rule out simple cable problems.

Also check your com ports and make sure they are allowing connections.
Maybe move the USB cable to a different port.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro