PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 02:54 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertech View Post
I am having the same problem as ProfEngr, I cant update weather inside, outside or off of wifi. Its really starting to get to me lol. I am running the 9/20 Genesis ROM.
Have you tried adding a second city to the list in the Weather Tab? ...others reported that "MyLocation" would not update without first selecting a second city. Try it out and let me know if that helps.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,Mogul,Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

junior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to junior1234
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

man talk about no faith,I think our chef has earned the right to take a little time.I will wait until he says its over before I jump ship ,weve been through the lull before.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Vertech is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Have you tried adding a second city to the list in the Weather Tab? ...others reported that "MyLocation" would not update without first selecting a second city. Try it out and let me know if that helps.
I have 6 different cities on the weather tab. It stopped working yesterday I think. I was gonna reflash to see if that corrects it but with a new release hopefully hitting soon I am gonna hold off on the reflash.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

ProfEngr is a n00b

I have 4 w/ the ConFlipper cab installed. Problem just cropped up around Fri or Sat last week. I wonder if the weather server is unhappy w/ us?

I've never tried My Location, consequently it's not in the list.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:14 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfEngr View Post
I have 4 w/ the ConFlipper cab installed. Problem just cropped up around Fri or Sat last week. I wonder if the weather server is unhappy w/ us?

...what build are you using? When you slide over to the Weather Tab, what cities are there?
Old 10-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

peterman1002 is a n00b

Quote:

I have the same issue that started happening for me on Friday. I also have the conFlipper cab installed. Uninstalling this cab solved my problem, but now I cannot use custom cities anymore.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:25 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertech View Post
I am having the same problem as ProfEngr, I cant update weather inside, outside or off of wifi. Its really starting to get to me lol. I am running the 9/20 Genesis ROM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Quote:

I had this issue along with a few other users this saturday. Search the thread I left multpile updates on my issue.....Here is a run down.....Well mine is still an ongoing issue, sorta. I have NEVER been able to get my location to work in weather regardless of all the things reccomended to try. I gave up on this on 9/25. Sat I suddenly would not get a weather connection or gps conection. I was soon able to get a GPS pickup out of now where but I never could get the weather to connect.I went through multiple ROMs, radios and reflashes and realized I was using Cons weather DB to add my cities every time. I then loaded random cities without Con's DB and they update like normal. SO I went the long route, edited my manila, and now it works and loads fast. Weird, because I have used Con's DB since he relaeased it and have had no troubles, but suddenly it will not work for me at all. If it is installed my weather will not connect. No Clue why.

Like I said I gave up on the my location feature of the weather. Again with this I have tried multiple fixes, multiple ROMs and still can't get it to work. But it's not that big of a deal to me as long as my custom cities update.

Last edited by Whotahn; 10-12-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 10-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: us cellular

julied2u is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Sweet, glad you got it! What was the fix?
\
Reflashed
Ran Remove Pic & Arcsoft cab
soft reset
ran carrier cab
soft reset
ran sprint arcsoft cab
soft reset
put in USCC info under servers.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:33 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Has anyone had trouble with TF3D weather not being able to connect? Seems mine will only take an update about every 24hrs since last week.

Is there a way to get weather on the Titanium(?) screen? That way I can unload the resource hog known as TF3D.
Look a post or two up for my response on the weather issue. Search Titanium Weather by Showaco at XDA for the weather plugin for Titanium. It works a treat. Whenever I get to update jonesin' I switch over and run Titanium for awhile, It sucks for the most part but at least gives you something to play around with. There are all sorts of plugins and tweaks you can throw down on some Titanium to make it alright for an occasional use. Just my pref anyways. NRGized TF3D2 (and beyond) 4 Life! Hope the info helps!

Stay NRGized!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:37 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied2u View Post
\
Reflashed
Ran Remove Pic & Arcsoft cab
soft reset
ran carrier cab
soft reset
ran sprint arcsoft cab
soft reset
put in USCC info under servers.
That is the MMS jig I do upon flashing as well, to get everything working just right. I used to have issues with the old way I set it up without the carrier cab. In your case were you able to use the most current Arcsoft cab for your carrier? I have to use the release prior to the most current for my carrier is why I ask.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro