PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate
Carrier: AT&T

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I'm using 5.2.1.22, with Voice Texting...isn't that the latest cab? I was able to adjust the limit using the steps I just provided in the last post.

...check it out and lemme know. I just tested it and changed the 500K limit to 1000k. Seems goldy.

Sooooo...whatcha cookin?

I think the thread you posted was not the newest version, here is the latest cab posted (by JD)

http://www.mediafire.com/?izwjmmz2omd

Please hit "Thanks" if I helped you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:31 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldheat06 View Post
I think the thread you posted was not the newest version, here is the latest cab posted (by JD)

http://www.mediafire.com/?izwjmmz2omd
Yea, I have the new cabs in my Thread, and on my device, but sent the other user that link so he could get some more direction and insight into what needs to be done for Arcsoft in general and how to get to those settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X ---Verizon
Carrier: verizon

166486 is becoming a great contributor
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' (21232) ** || Build date 52309 ||

[QUOTE=ThreeFaces;1225580]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 166486 View Post

...initial question - did you happen to install Arcsoft? Like, running the uninstall cab, soft rest, install Arcsoft?

Here is the Arcsoft thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61802 or you can check out the Guide in my signature, that has the specific steps along with links to a couple of different versions of Arcsoft.

You need to run the Arcsoft removal cab, then soft rest the device [this is important], and then install a new version of Arcsoft [links are in the aforementioned threads].

When properly installed, you don't need to go into the registry to adjust the settings, simply:

Go to the Text Tab in TouchFlo.
Press the All Messages Softkey
Press the "Menu" softkey
Scroll down to "MMS Options"
Select the "Servers" tab
Click on "SprintMMSC"
...adjust the send limit from 500K to 1000K or 5000k.

A note, if you go above 500K, you run the risk of some peopel not getting your MMS because they might not be able to accept large files. ...like Verizon users.

Hope that's more informative.

when i click on the server option , the Verizon server is lock... so that is why i decided to just do the registry edits
Model: Touch Pro (Verizon)
Old 10-09-2009, 03:37 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by 166486 View Post
i was able to change the size limit to 5.3m but still when i tried to send out a video less than 5.3m, i get error stating that the file is to large, not able to be sent
OK, so you properly configured Arcsoft, right? ...we're beyond that.

Then, you were able to adjust the settings? ...5000K sending limit is going to throttle you at 4.9M, at leatsthat's what mine says as I'm setting up the attachments.

I just sent myself a 2524K song via MMS. No error.

Can you maybe walk me through what you've done to get MMS working on your phone, then how you changed the settings, then how you went about sending the message [include whether you used TouchFlo or Winmo]...the more details, the easier it will be to figure out what you might be missing that's causing the error.

...unless its just that you're sending over 5000K. ...you need to be under the send limit.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 10-09-2009 at 03:43 PM. Reason: IGNORE THIS POST AND READ THE NEXT ONE
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:42 PM
ThreeFaces

Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' (21232) ** || Build date 52309 ||

[QUOTE=166486;1225718]
Quote:

when i click on the server option , the Verizon server is lock... so that is why i decided to just do the registry edits
That's it...Verizon throttles their MMS...or so I've read. I would Google search or read deeper into that thread I linked you that deals with Arcsoft.

You might try an older version of Arcsoft, but my guess is you're gonna hit brickwalls. If I find something to help you out, I'll hit you up...in the meantime, I'd search around. Maybe someone with Verizon who's dealt with this can test some settings and try to help more.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 10-09-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: His and Her HTC EVO's
Carrier: Sprint

travisr528 is keeping up the good worktravisr528 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Hey dude, it's not the ROM...to fix the freezing/hard reset issue:

--Flash a Stock ROM
--Hard Reset
--Flash back to a custom ROM of choice...like this one.
--Hard Reset

That should fix the problem. If you don't do the dance, the hard resets will likely follow you from ROM to ROM, as was my experience. This happened the first time I flashed and hasn't happened since. Please let me know if that doesn't address the issue for you. Hard resets should not be happening on any ROM.
Just Flash to a Stock ROM, Hard Reset,Flashed back to this ROM, Hard Reset again. Let's all cross our fingers and hope this works for me.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:39 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisr528 View Post
Just Flash to a Stock ROM, Hard Reset,Flashed back to this ROM, Hard Reset again. Let's all cross our fingers and hope this works for me.
We got your back dude! ..haha. Good luck with it. [fingers crossing]
Old 10-09-2009, 05:11 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisr528 View Post
Crossed. Should be golden now, it was 30 min ago..........

I had the issue when I flashed my first custom ROM....from another custom ROM I freaked out thinkin I bricked it, ahhh if I only knew then.......
Old 10-09-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

shayandaman is a n00b

Where's Energy? Is there going to be another release?
Old 10-09-2009, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO - Touch Pro II

geejdee is keeping up the good workgeejdee is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to geejdee

Update=D>.... I waited last weekend in hopes of something new.. All this week hoping.. check here often hoping and looking.. its been a while so my thinking is the new one will be something special... Keep checking!! its coming soon!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro