PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dj-g843 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
For the people using AVG here is a tip.

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivir...val-Tool.shtml

And possibly

http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/

Edit: I highly recommend the first link.
It does everything AVG does but better and more accurate.
thanks man, i got avast, now im back up and running again, Is there gonna be a Touch pro 2 version of this rom?
Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj-g843 View Post
thanks man, i got avast, now im back up and running again, Is there gonna be a Touch pro 2 version of this rom?
Better believe it because our beloved NRG has got himself a TP2 now.
He is making these roms for us because he is such a stand up guy.
He doesn't even have a TP anymore from what I have read.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Nobody is accusing nrg of putting a virus in his rom. Maybe he is infected w/o knowing? It is odd how there is a false positive when other custom_rom.ruu's are clean? Aren't they basically the same? just a loader of the nbh file?

backdoor trojan isn't something to be taken lightly? lol
Old 09-11-2009, 10:49 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

The problem isn't in the rom it is in the virus scanners like AVG.
Search AVG in this thread and you will see why it does that.
It was explained in detail.

I have scanned this rom with multiple scanners and it is clean.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Why no one mentioned :
Advance Config- (in programs tab):
menu/more settings/connections/"disconnect after" box/ select drop-down for choice of minutes.

Sorry long post, hope that helps!
Thanks I personally didn't know you could do that and if someone said before Sorry that I didn't catch it. I just did this so I hope it works.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:52 PM
The Rootinator

Try another exe to flash the nbh file and see if that helps.
Any CustomRUU.exe should flash it I believe.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:53 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintnerd View Post
Thanks I personally didn't know you could do that and if someone said before Sorry that I didn't catch it. I just did this so I hope it works.
How could you miss anything in this short of a thread?
Old 09-11-2009, 10:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
OK fellas here is my report on the new auto disconect cab sprintnerd posted this a.m...... Worked great for awhile, then after the first soft reset, it quit working. So I tried my longpress end key quick list....only to find the dissable data option no longer functioned and was darkened out. I then changed my long press end key to strictly terminate data connection.I got a vibration but no disconnect?? Then I uninstalled the autodatadisconnect cab. Still no data discconet option in quick menu anymore and just a buzz if I set LPEK to disconnect data. BUT now my data shuts down after about 2-3 minutes?? I have even soft reset a few times since then. Weird huh?
Quote:
Have you tried Advanced Config?

That should work without all the cab/mod work around.
OK folks, I think if you do some actual testing you will find that the GPRS disconnect program discussed earlier does the same thing as advanced config. Now in MANY threads on MANY ROM's there has been an incradible amount of discussion of folks unable to answer calls. This is exactly what happens using advanced config. Both programs add the following to the registry:

HKLM > Comm > ConnMgr > Planner > Settings > CacheTime - (value of minutes to disconnect in seconds)

AND

HKLM > Comm > ConnMgr > Planner > Settings > SuspendResume - GPRS_bye_if_device_off

The addition of the last entry is what causes issues. I have tested and found that the slide to answer of the Tachi dialer will ONLY answer after multiple rings and ONLY if you continue to keep sliding after the slider is already moved to the left to answer. Sometimes this will not even allow the call to be answered. Using the hard key to answer seems to have no effect.
I don't know exactly what causes this but will continue to investigate. I do know that if you have issues with this entry, which ultimately you will, change the SuspendResume to #777. This will fix the answering issues but at the expense of your constant data connection.
Finding an answer to this conundrum will certainly allow for extended battery life.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

Quote:
How could you miss anything in this short of a thread?
For real, but I have slipped a few times.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:03 PM
The Rootinator

So the cabs do the same as Advance Config but they all cause problems?
I don't do either so I can't help other than reply others answers about this.

Maxx is good with the edits and tweaks so maybe he could shed some more light on it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro