PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 09:38 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj-g843 View Post
I dont have no reason to lie, i have avg and when i tried to open it up it popped up on the screen sayin 2 trojan horses are detected, but let me fill you in on what happend.... the first time i installed it on my touch pro nothing happend, i had it on my phone and everything was fine, i love this rom, i had the older version on my phone, but anyway, my screen went out, and sprint sent me a replacement phone, and was gonna put it back on the new phone i just got today, and my virus program wouldnt let me, so i downloaded it 3 more times and on my roomates computer, and still the same virus... I really love this rom and i want it back on my phone, got any suggestions?!?!?!
I have a suggestion, stop using AVG and get Avast or something better.
We have beaten the AVG virus thing to death on this thread already.
There is no Virus in this rom.

If you want to keep using AVG and this rom you will have to disable AVG to download and install.
Search this thread for the past 20 pages or so and you will see what we are talking about.

Just two pages or so ago it came up again.

We don't mean to be rude but this same question has came up more than we all like to answer.
Please just search this thread to find answers.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVo
Carrier: J-Skee Mobility

jskee35 is keeping up the good workjskee35 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jskee35 Send a message via Yahoo to jskee35
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I have a suggestion, stop using AVG and get Avast or something better.
We have beaten the AVG virus thing to death on this thread already.
There is no Virus in this rom.

If you want to keep using AVG and this rom you will have to disable AVG to download and install.
Search this thread for the past 20 pages or so and you will see what we are talking about.

Just two pages or so ago it came up again.

We don't mean to be rude but this same question has came up more than we all like to answer.
Please just search this thread to find answers.
why is there a trojan in this?....lol just jokin, i flashed from SD and all is well so far. Im not too big on the 6.5.1 yet so decided to give this a try again. Beautiful ROM NRGZ.

edit: Rootlinux i thanked your post also
Old 09-11-2009, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

XstingstreetX is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to XstingstreetX Send a message via MSN to XstingstreetX Send a message via Yahoo to XstingstreetX Send a message via Skype™ to XstingstreetX

[Arcsoft MMS]

I ran the uninstaller then installed and it seems the only way for me to send pic mail is going through "new" which if fine, not convenient, but fine.. It does not allow me to explore my pictures on my storage card though, only "my device, my documents, my pictures" which is all on device. Can anyone help?
Old 09-11-2009, 10:05 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by XstingstreetX View Post
[Arcsoft MMS]

I ran the uninstaller then installed and it seems the only way for me to send pic mail is going through "new" which if fine, not convenient, but fine.. It does not allow me to explore my pictures on my storage card though, only "my device, my documents, my pictures" which is all on device. Can anyone help?
Do this.

Click on my device on the drop down list and choose storage card.
That should be what you need.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:09 PM
The Rootinator

For the people using AVG here is a tip.

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivir...val-Tool.shtml

And possibly

http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/

Edit: I highly recommend the first link.
It does everything AVG does but better and more accurate.

Last edited by rootlinux; 09-11-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:11 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskee35 View Post
why is there a trojan in this?....lol just jokin, i flashed from SD and all is well so far. Im not too big on the 6.5.1 yet so decided to give this a try again. Beautiful ROM NRGZ.

edit: Rootlinux i thanked your post also
Thank you and yes this ROM is a work of art.
Props to NRG
Old 09-11-2009, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

XstingstreetX is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to XstingstreetX Send a message via MSN to XstingstreetX Send a message via Yahoo to XstingstreetX Send a message via Skype™ to XstingstreetX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Do this.

Click on my device on the drop down list and choose storage card.
That should be what you need.
You have been thanked
Old 09-11-2009, 10:18 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XstingstreetX View Post
You have been thanked
That work for you?
You should be able to access everything from the my device drop down.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:20 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

OK fellas here is my report on the new auto disconect cab sprintnerd posted this a.m...... Worked great for awhile, then after the first soft reset, it quit working. So I tried my longpress end key quick list....only to find the dissable data option no longer functioned and was darkened out. I then changed my long press end key to strictly terminate data connection.I got a vibration but no disconnect?? Then I uninstalled the autodatadisconnect cab. Still no data discconet option in quick menu anymore and just a buzz if I set LPEK to disconnect data. BUT now my data shuts down after about 2-3 minutes?? I have even soft reset a few times since then. Weird huh?
Old 09-11-2009, 10:30 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
OK fellas here is my report on the new auto disconect cab sprintnerd posted this a.m...... Worked great for awhile, then after the first soft reset, it quit working. So I tried my longpress end key quick list....only to find the dissable data option no longer functioned and was darkened out. I then changed my long press end key to strictly terminate data connection.I got a vibration but no disconnect?? Then I uninstalled the autodatadisconnect cab. Still no data discconet option in quick menu anymore and just a buzz if I set LPEK to disconnect data. BUT now my data shuts down after about 2-3 minutes?? I have even soft reset a few times since then. Weird huh?
Have you tried Advanced Config?

Quote:
Maxx134Why no one mentioned :
Advance Config- (in programs tab):
menu/more settings/connections/"disconnect after" box/ select drop-down for choice of minutes.
That should work without all the cab/mod work around.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro