PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 08:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PsykiROM v1.0 - Rhodium Manila VERY FAST! - [21042] [TP2] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
I encountered that same keyboard problem when I used Nuerom... but I attributed it to doing a restore on it from another rom using spritebackup. it was indeed INFURIATING! Maybe do a scan with sktools for invalid registry values and keys?
I have some things to try out still, all hope is not lost. The issue specifically happens when you hit the keyboard icon to hide the SIP, it re-enters whatever key you hit last. So if you type 'psyki' and close the sip, it will enter 'psykii'. Now I'm using the new finger keyboard which has a dedicated 'hide SIP' button so that is one potential workaround. Ugh, I hate stupid issues like this.

Like my work? Hit
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

GhstTracker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
I have some things to try out still, all hope is not lost. The issue specifically happens when you hit the keyboard icon to hide the SIP, it re-enters whatever key you hit last. So if you type 'psyki' and close the sip, it will enter 'psykii'. Now I'm using the new finger keyboard which has a dedicated 'hide SIP' button so that is one potential workaround. Ugh, I hate stupid issues like this.
I planned on throwing finger keyboard on once the flash was done myself so I wouldn't be disappointed with that as a fix.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhstTracker View Post
I planned on throwing finger keyboard on once the flash was done myself so I wouldn't be disappointed with that as a fix.
I'm really liking it, and the developer gave me permission to cook it in so that makes me happy as well.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

stormseek is becoming a great contributor

Maybe its me but is there anything i can do to stop my battery from draining so fast. 100% off the charge i get a phone call that last 1min 38 seconds and im now at 95%
Old 04-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
The issue specifically happens when you hit the keyboard icon to hide the SIP, it re-enters whatever key you hit last. So if you type 'psyki' and close the sip, it will enter 'psykii'.

Yeah!! That's EXACTLY what was happening with me! But I was burning through roms so I wasn't too worried about it.. but I remember it seemed to just "show up" all of a sudden. I had to learn to just tap in some blank part of the screen before trying to close the SIP so it wouldn't add an extra character to whatever I was typing.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormseek View Post
Maybe its me but is there anything i can do to stop my battery from draining so fast. 100% off the charge i get a phone call that last 1min 38 seconds and im now at 95%
90-100% are not accurate. That is just the way it is. 89% and lower are accurate.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Lurker

v3rity is a n00b

I love your ROM. Easily the best out-of-box ROM I've used since the Juggalo/Carbon release.

Now the questions.

1. I really like the stock Sprint theme so I usually install Calkulin's Sprint (v1.2) Landscape Manilla Cab to replace the ROM's default theme.

Unfortunately, doing this modifies which TF3D tabs show up (e.g. Sprint TV is added, Stocks is removed, etc.). I've found a way to help remedy this problem is to install MightyMike's Call History + Comm Manager + Calendar Tab and his white Sprint icons.

Unfortunately, there's still remaining tabs I'd like to remove. I used to use the Diamond TF3D Config Tool, but apparently it is not compatible with your ROM. Do you have any advice about adding/removing/editting TF3D tabs?

[s]2. Installing the Weather Database for TF3D cab results in TF3D restarting everytime you try to add a city in the Weather tab. Has this been addressed? Is the only way to add a smaller city to do it manually? Using the editor provided within this thread (located here) gives the error "File write protection of database couldn't be removed."[/s]

edit: Apparently the fix was posted a couple pages earlier. Fix is mentioned here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=620

3. I believe it's an issue with the Manilla Rhodium, but is there a way to set it so when you click on the system tray (top right corner) it shows the selection screen of battery life, communication manager, sound, etc. instead of just the Notification window?

Last edited by v3rity; 04-27-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
Yeah!! That's EXACTLY what was happening with me! But I was burning through roms so I wasn't too worried about it.. but I remember it seemed to just "show up" all of a sudden. I had to learn to just tap in some blank part of the screen before trying to close the SIP so it wouldn't add an extra character to whatever I was typing.
Fixed the SIP issue I had to swap in 21043 OEMDrivers in place of my 21042 OEMDrivers.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:39 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rity View Post
I love your ROM. Easily the best out-of-box ROM I've used since the Juggalo/Carbon release.

Now the questions.

1. I really like the stock Sprint theme so I usually install Calkulin's Sprint (v1.2) Landscape Manilla Cab to replace the ROM's default theme.

Unfortunately, doing this modifies which TF3D tabs show up (e.g. Sprint TV is added, Stocks is removed, etc.). I've found a way to help remedy this problem is to install MightyMike's Call History + Comm Manager + Calendar Tab and his white Sprint icons.

Unfortunately, there's still remaining tabs I'd like to remove. I used to use the Diamond TF3D Config Tool, but apparently it is not compatible with your ROM. Do you have any advice about adding/removing/editting TF3D tabs?

2. Installing the Weather Database for TF3D cab results in TF3D restarting everytime you try to add a city in the Weather tab. Has this been addressed? Is the only way to add a smaller city to do it manually? Using the editor provided within this thread (located here) gives the error "File write protection of database couldn't be removed."

3. I believe it's an issue with the Manilla Rhodium, but is there a way to set it so when you click on the system tray (top right corner) it shows the selection screen of battery life, communication manager, sound, etc. instead of just the Notification window?
1) I'm including a few color themes but not sprint, you might be on your own for that one
2) I'm including Weather Master per several users suggestions in this thread which should allow you to add your own cities in TF3D2.
3) By default I have my ROM set to show you the selection screen like you mentioned, but it will be a selectable option in Settings->Personal->TouchFlo.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rity View Post

Now the questions.

Oh yeah, and you can remove/customize tabs in the Settings tab->Customize Tabs. I also included Advanced Configuration which allows you to do this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development