PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PsykiROM v1.0 - Rhodium Manila VERY FAST! - [21042] [TP2] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
I found another little hick-up that I can't seem to figure out.

I don't know what it's called but the little "running programs" menu on the top right (next to the battery meter), before I had the camera problems the applications that were running used to be small. Now they're huge, but the large icons button is un-checked. I can't seem to get them to downsize to anything smaller. In my registry editor the size is set to 0 (zero). Any ideas?
That is the task manager. Out of the box I configured those icons to be large as in your screen shots, so what's strange is that yours were apparently small :P The correct registry key to change the icons to small is this

HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager
change EnableLargeIcon to 0

Like my work? Hit
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

AaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to AaronP220

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
That is the task manager. Out of the box I configured those icons to be large as in your screen shots, so what's strange is that yours were apparently small :P The correct registry key to change the icons to small is this

HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager
change EnableLargeIcon to 0

AH! Thank you much sir! I was in the wrong place.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:59 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
AH! Thank you much sir! I was in the wrong place.
I am here to help
Old 04-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

AaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well. That's all i've got man. I've ran thru, used and abused this thing looking for problems and all I come up with is just the camera. So...i'll sit back and wait for the next release.

Merdin's Camera system for his Rhodium ROM was top notch. Maybe you should tear that appart and check it out....food for thought.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work

I really am not seeing the change on the battery with the Nue's hack. I had my phone on charge all night long and I took it off the charge for like three five minutes for a phone call. The battery is already down to 92%.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Well. That's all i've got man. I've ran thru, used and abused this thing looking for problems and all I come up with is just the camera. So...i'll sit back and wait for the next release.

Merdin's Camera system for his Rhodium ROM was top notch. Maybe you should tear that appart and check it out....food for thought.
Ok here is my last word on the subject... I now am testing a newer version of the camera for the touch pro (I think the same ver merdinh uses) that seems to have the correct orientation issue sorted out. The reason I rolled it back to the one I released is because I thought the "newer" version was causing the random "black viewfinder" problem. There is still an issue with auto-rotation but as I mentioned I believe that has to do with g-sensor issues. I will most likely include the version I am testing now in the next release. The Twin camera is cool to play around with but it's definitely not designed for this device. *sigh* ok enough on that
Old 04-21-2009, 02:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
I really am not seeing the change on the battery with the Nue's hack. I had my phone on charge all night long and I took it off the charge for like three five minutes for a phone call. The battery is already down to 92%.
Actually I just read a post no2chem made in his thread about the underclocker which mentioned that his battery driver is not accurate at 90%+ battery charge. This is what he said:

"hmm, in regards to losing the 10%, do you have nuePower installed? there is some inaccuracy in the charging routine that causes the power level to drop by 10% (i.e. the battery level will never be 100%). I know that nearly all other phones round UP, but the HTC phones round DOWN. With nuePower you will probably see something like 92-96%."

All I can say about the underclocker is that during heavy use I definitely noticed a marked improvement. I suppose your mileage may vary.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:

I will take that as a compliment
Old 04-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Ok here is my last word on the subject... I now am testing a newer version of the camera for the touch pro (I think the same ver merdinh uses) that seems to have the correct orientation issue sorted out. The reason I rolled it back to the one I released is because I thought the "newer" version was causing the random "black viewfinder" problem. There is still an issue with auto-rotation but as I mentioned I believe that has to do with g-sensor issues. I will most likely include the version I am testing now in the next release. The Twin camera is cool to play around with but it's definitely not designed for this device. *sigh* ok enough on that

Thinking maybe next week on the new release?
Old 04-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I will take that as a compliment

certainly do! Freakin' great ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development