PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you hit the unbootable cycle?
No, It all unlocked fine. 257 58.94%
Yes, but flashing a rom over it fixed it. 72 16.51%
Didn't work at all. 107 24.54%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: better beliEVO!
Carrier: Sprint

meeklo062704 is keeping up the good workmeeklo062704 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: unlock your TP via the SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
no, one thing I remember when i first got mytp is the auto correct seemed to want to add an l and made it ralphimg took me a few attempts to realize it did that to me. when you enter bootloader is it not even recognizing anything? get total commander and find the file with that, its a ppc file explorer replacement and it shows the full file names. its really only one of a few things.

1 the sd card is not formated fat 32 (use a pc and a card reader toformat)
2 the file is named wrong itmight be some insanely small detail easy to overlook
3 the file is on the sd card, but was placed in a folder (usually a subconcious attempt to organise)
I tried it with total commander, and placed it in the root. I've been told a few different things as far as how to name the file with .bnh, without the nbh, and with the period just RAPHIMG....... what is the correct way? Also, I always removed the sd card when i flashed through activesync because i was always afraid it might do something to the files. Are sd cards safe during flash?
Old 05-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yea there safe to leave in, justmake sure you dont have a rom in ready to load form or it will see that first and end up flashing from the card(if it can see it that is). the file is supposed to be named RAPHIMG.nbh the only reason you see people say RAPHIMG is because the normal file explorer on the phone hides the extensions. If you use total commander, you will need to make sure you see the full RAPHIMG.nbh. it sounds to me like your card is fat and not fat32. try formating one of them using a card reader on your pc.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

meeklo062704 is keeping up the good workmeeklo062704 is keeping up the good work

is an app like pocket mechanic ok to use to format? when i check the card on pocket mechanic it says that its fat32. When it goes into bootload, it flashes a message that says loading and "no image file!" right below barely long enough to see what it says. I renamed it RAPHIMG.nbh.

Last edited by meeklo062704; 05-28-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i would assume it would be okay, but ive only used n2chems formatter from the titan unlocker, and vistas formatter using a card reader. you can set your phone to storage mode connect to your pc like a usb drive then format it from then. if you can maybe take a picture of your file explorer showing the RAPHIMG.nbh that might help too.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
i would assume it would be okay, but ive only used n2chems formatter from the titan unlocker, and vistas formatter using a card reader. you can set your phone to storage mode connect to your pc like a usb drive then format it from then. if you can maybe take a picture of your file explorer showing the RAPHIMG.nbh that might help too.
For some reason I've been unable to upload screen shots. I keep getting the "forbidden" you dont have permission yada yada yada browser error.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

put it up anyware, like photobucket, or pm me and you can e-mail them to me.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

fugier@gmail.com is a n00b

Hey guys -
I can't seem to get this going!

I DO have the card as FAT32 (used the setting to use phone as disk, then did it)
I DO have the right file name RAPHIMG.nbh

I WAS was getting stuck on the tri-color screen, but the FAT32 fixed that.
I DO now get stuck on the white screen with blue 'Loading...' text

If I reset the device, I am back to a normal phone, but not unlocked.

I hope it is something simple - feel stupid as I work in IT and can't flash my phone!

Thanks for any help.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugier@gmail.com View Post
Hey guys -
I can't seem to get this going!

I DO have the card as FAT32 (used the setting to use phone as disk, then did it)
I DO have the right file name RAPHIMG.nbh

I WAS was getting stuck on the tri-color screen, but the FAT32 fixed that.
I DO now get stuck on the white screen with blue 'Loading...' text

If I reset the device, I am back to a normal phone, but not unlocked.

I hope it is something simple - feel stupid as I work in IT and can't flash my phone!

Thanks for any help.
try turning your phone out of disk mode. I don't think that affects anything but its worth a shot. besides that you are using the sspl.exe to get into booloader for the unlock right?
last thing I can think of is you unzipped my file and pulled the pre-named RAPHIMG.nbh out and didn't just rename the zip right?
Old 06-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Lurker

fugier@gmail.com is a n00b
Smile Re: unlock your TP via the SD card

Finally got it working - for whatever reason I had the nbh file BOTH on the card AND internal memory - took that out, used the exe on the phone, and it worked. Don't know why I was having issues - the directions are clear...
Old 06-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything Plan

mo505 is a n00b

So I have to return my phone back to Sprint (dropped and cracked screen) and I can't for the life of me figure out how to relock my phone. I've read this thread over and over and nothing seems clear to me. Can someone post some directions for me or point me in the right direction. Many thanks in advance.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
unlock flash relock sd