PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you hit the unbootable cycle?
No, It all unlocked fine. 257 58.94%
Yes, but flashing a rom over it fixed it. 72 16.51%
Didn't work at all. 107 24.54%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: unlock, flash and even relock your TP via the SD card!

+1 to what razor says. you have to be careful to use the SHIPPED rom not the DUMPED stock rom. you need to either flash the shipped version or unlock via a computer.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Soundman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thx to the both of you for the quick reply. Gonna try extracting the nbh file from the stock shipped sprint rom. Wish me luck.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Soundman is a n00b

Thank you once again. Extracting the nbh file worked. Everything worked without locking it again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman View Post
Thank you once again. Extracting the nbh file worked. Everything worked without locking it again.
you're welcome. anytime
Old 07-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

degojoe83 is a n00b

I downloaded the SSPL and put the exe in the main menu, and downloaded the verizon NBH and put the RAPHIMG file on the root of my SD card. Then ran the SSPL file from explorer. I was pretty sure my phone was unlocked already but just to verify I followed the procedure with what was provided here figuring i could just reflash my rom from the SD later (i'm using a verizon touch pro with MightyRom6 at the moment). So after i ran the SSLP i got this.

Tri-colors comes up and it flashes grey quickly (not long enough to read anything) then flashes back to tricolor and displays:
RAPH500
SPL-0.35.CMONEX
MicroP-Raph (LED) v8182
MicroP-Raph (KEY) v8682
PSOC-Raph Stage_EVT v20
then it's just frozen there.

I've done a soft reset and the machine recovers with no problems, but I'm pretty sure the flash didn't work properly. I get the same result with any ROM I try to flash. if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 07-22-2009, 07:03 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by degojoe83 View Post
I downloaded the SSPL and put the exe in the main menu, and downloaded the verizon NBH and put the RAPHIMG file on the root of my SD card. Then ran the SSPL file from explorer. I was pretty sure my phone was unlocked already but just to verify I followed the procedure with what was provided here figuring i could just reflash my rom from the SD later (i'm using a verizon touch pro with MightyRom6 at the moment). So after i ran the SSLP i got this.

Tri-colors comes up and it flashes grey quickly (not long enough to read anything) then flashes back to tricolor and displays:
RAPH500
SPL-0.35.CMONEX
MicroP-Raph (LED) v8182
MicroP-Raph (KEY) v8682
PSOC-Raph Stage_EVT v20
then it's just frozen there.

I've done a soft reset and the machine recovers with no problems, but I'm pretty sure the flash didn't work properly. I get the same result with any ROM I try to flash. if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
0.35.cmonex means that your phone is already unlocked, so there's no reason to unlock it again.
As far as your flashing problem, make sure your microSD card is formated to FAT32, and make sure you are naming the nbh file properly. It has to be RAPHIMG.nbh, but if the file extensions are hidden, then RAPHIMG

Last edited by razorloves; 07-22-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Lurker

degojoe83 is a n00b

ok i thought it was already unlocked since i was runnign might rom already.
Can radios be flashed in this manor too?
Old 07-22-2009, 08:02 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
ok i thought it was already unlocked since i was runnign might rom already.
Can radios be flashed in this manor too?
they sure can
Old 07-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Lurker

degojoe83 is a n00b

ok well tried it again with several different radios and still got the same result, but i paid close attention to the grey screen that flashed inbetween the tricolor screens, and i think it said No Image. I know the SD card is FAT 32 and i renamed the RUU_signed file to RAPHIMG and still have had no luck. Any ideas?
Old 07-22-2009, 08:40 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
ok well tried it again with several different radios and still got the same result, but i paid close attention to the grey screen that flashed inbetween the tricolor screens, and i think it said No Image. I know the SD card is FAT 32 and i renamed the RUU_signed file to RAPHIMG and still have had no luck. Any ideas?
some people report having problems flashing with 8gb or higher microSD cards. So, if you're not already, try a smaller one.

people have also reported formating their card with this program fixing this problem. http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pag...geManager.aspx

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
unlock flash relock sd