PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 12:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [UC] March 4, 2009 @ 2:00am MST - U.S.S. ROM V.07 - 21169 WinMo 6.5 [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmathis7410 View Post
Has anyone else experienced this? I am stuck at the VZW boot page after customizations.

How can I roll back the changes? Sorry for the newb question
I had to flash back to a previous ROM and could never get this ROM to work for me on my VZW Touch Pro.

However I was able to get JD's kitchen and build a ROM from there and that worked for me.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: BELL
Threadstarter

cdmvirt is keeping up the good workcdmvirt is keeping up the good workcdmvirt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmathis7410 View Post
Has anyone else experienced this? I am stuck at the VZW boot page after customizations.

How can I roll back the changes? Sorry for the newb question
Apperently This Rom is not Compatible with VWZ, going to work on it. All you have to do is POWER+VOLUME DOWN+RESET then flash ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry6667 View Post
I find the battery life on this ROM is not good it is about half of what I was getting with Juggalo's 0.08 ROM. Not complaining, just if you can use that ROM, if possible, to help out with battery life...it would make you ROM even better...with out a batter indicator I got screwed over twice already...Going to test out .07
Will look into it

ALso I use my TP heavily with TXT, CALLS and EMAIL and it lasts me about 8 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry6667 View Post
I got TF3d working on this cab from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=446652
Will look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONMAC View Post
I had to flash back to a previous ROM and could never get this ROM to work for me on my VZW Touch Pro.

However I was able to get JD's kitchen and build a ROM from there and that worked for me.

6.5 Kitchen?
Old 03-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

The 6.5 kitchen worked for me.

Is your ROM based on his kitchen? I thought I noticed the ROM signature was the same.

If so, are you cooking in a carrier OEM? That could be the problem right there.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cdmvirt is keeping up the good workcdmvirt is keeping up the good workcdmvirt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONMAC View Post
The 6.5 kitchen worked for me.

Is your ROM based on his kitchen? I thought I noticed the ROM signature was the same.

If so, are you cooking in a carrier OEM? That could be the problem right there.
Same Kitchen and yes its in there
Old 03-07-2009, 02:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Seems there is a lot of bugs with the New 21169 BUILD out there hence why I never made a rom from it, I have tested out the that BUILD and sure enough a lot of bugs like the start menu, Rotation is a little too sensitive and others. So next release will the 21169 build I have been using with some of the features of the New BUILD like facebook and netflix APP.

What I need to know is the users opinion, should I continue with this or wait for a stable NEW 21169 build?

Thanks
Old 03-07-2009, 03:32 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmvirt View Post
Seems there is a lot of bugs with the New 21169 BUILD out there hence why I never made a rom from it, I have tested out the that BUILD and sure enough a lot of bugs like the start menu, Rotation is a little too sensitive and others. So next release will the 21169 build I have been using with some of the features of the New BUILD like facebook and netflix APP.

What I need to know is the users opinion, should I continue with this or wait for a stable NEW 21169 build?

Thanks
wow don't look at this as condescending ..... but first off the start menu there is nothing that you or anybody else can do about it ... that is how it is made most people are used to touchflo and since 6.5 has its own touch scrolling modules touchflo is not compatible ..... second the rotation that is controlled by the sensor sdk which I updated to allow auto-rotation with any third party apps if you do not like it then change the drivers back to the standard rapheal drivers this has nothing to do with 6.5 ..... honestly there is nothing wrong with 21169 besides titanium it does not work correctly and will freeze a device but with the proper configuration 6.5 could be used on a much daily basis and depending on what source of 21169 you have you will have problems there's one that out with all sorts of overlapping modules which is not good and then there is some better builds I must admit I goofed up on the last kitchen I released due to the fact I did not allocate some memory correctly but it was not nothing that noticeable to anyone ..... in other words you will have to update your kitchen when I release the next one
Old 03-07-2009, 03:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
wow don't look at this as condescending ..... but first off the start menu there is nothing that you or anybody else can do about it ... that is how it is made most people are used to touchflo and since 6.5 has its own touch scrolling modules touchflo is not compatible ..... second the rotation that is controlled by the sensor sdk which I updated to allow auto-rotation with any third party apps if you do not like it then change the drivers back to the standard rapheal drivers this has nothing to do with 6.5 ..... honestly there is nothing wrong with 21169 besides titanium it does not work correctly and will freeze a device but with the proper configuration 6.5 could be used on a much daily basis and depending on what source of 21169 you have you will have problems there's one that out with all sorts of overlapping modules which is not good and then there is some better builds I must admit I goofed up on the last kitchen I released due to the fact I did not allocate some memory correctly but it was not nothing that noticeable to anyone ..... in other words you will have to update your kitchen when I release the next one
I didn't mean anything by it, I saw that Hibby had discontinued him rom and I find that the build of the Kitchen prior was much more stable. I am using your Kitchen and I find it that I can use the ROM for daily use without any major problems (Tried the newer build too and found the Start menu Freezing a bit anoying is all). I really like the previous kitchen I had no problems at all. As a matter of fact I still have it on my TP.

I just wanted to get opinion from others if I should just go with this current one or just wait for you to come out with a better (Tweaked ) version.

and no offence taken hope I didn't offend you in anyway, you are doing an awesome job.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:51 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
I didn't mean anything by it, I saw that Hibby had discontinued him rom and I find that the build of the Kitchen prior was much more stable. I am using your Kitchen and I find it that I can use the ROM for daily use without any major problems (Tried the newer build too and found the Start menu Freezing a bit anoying is all). I really like the previous kitchen I had no problems at all. As a matter of fact I still have it on my TP.

I just wanted to get opinion from others if I should just go with this current one or just wait for you to come out with a better (Tweaked ) version.

and no offence taken hope I didn't offend you in anyway, you are doing an awesome job.
Well JD definetly knows what hes doing, hell probably have a more stable version before MS gets one out.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:52 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

no offense taken .... its just bugging me that people keep calling that start menu a bug .... when its not actually once you get used to it its much better because you can customize it how you want and if you figure flick scroll it does not jump to the bottom of the page ...... the only time I had the start menu ever freeze on me was when I kept on moving different icons around but after I waited and let the system do what it needs to do all was well ... it gets up under my skin when people expect a beta build to be as well as a released version I was around when 6.1 was beta and you talk about something that froze ..... but no offense is taken ... I have fixed what could have been going on in the last release and I and merdinh will be testing it this weekend
Old 03-07-2009, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
no offense taken .... its just bugging me that people keep calling that start menu a bug .... when its not actually once you get used to it its much better because you can customize it how you want and if you figure flick scroll it does not jump to the bottom of the page ...... the only time I had the start menu ever freeze on me was when I kept on moving different icons around but after I waited and let the system do what it needs to do all was well ... it gets up under my skin when people expect a beta build to be as well as a released version I was around when 6.1 was beta and you talk about something that froze ..... but no offense is taken ... I have fixed what could have been going on in the last release and I and merdinh will be testing it this weekend
Awesome, and if you guys ever need help just let me know, I'm new to this and am learning as I go, but any help I can offer shall be given.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development