PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 03:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

molitar is keeping up the good workmolitar is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Best Rom for Sprint?

Ok what do you consider to be the best rom for Sprint? I don't want to lose my special sprint features but definitely want to improve the ROM. I used the unlocker and already unlocked my phone

Secondly I tried Second Today.. didn't really care for it.. uninstalled it but I am stuck with the TODAY link on the bottom left that when clicked on says the second today exe is missing. How can I change that bottom menu from TODAY?
Old 03-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59
Re: Best Rom for Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Ok what do you consider to be the best rom for Sprint? I don't want to lose my special sprint features but definitely want to improve the ROM. I used the unlocker and already unlocked my phone

Secondly I tried Second Today.. didn't really care for it.. uninstalled it but I am stuck with the TODAY link on the bottom left that when clicked on says the second today exe is missing. How can I change that bottom menu from TODAY?
I had that problem before and I had to do hard reset to get rid of it. I know a hard reset can be a pain but when you start flashing around with different rom's it sometimes has to be to get rid of somethings.
Now there are alot of great rom's out there that work great with Sprint. I use one I cooked in GC's kitchen 2.1.4 It has alot of memory if you set the page pool to 8 and it is pretty quick and stable. I also use Sprint Radio 1.110F.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:49 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

To reset the left softkey delete the following registry values:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila]
"HomeLSKText"="Action"
"HomeLSKPath"="\\Windows\\HTCActionScreen.exe"
"HomeRSKArguments"=""
"HomeRSKPath"=""
"HomeRSKText"=""
"HomeLSKArguments"=""
Just the values...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

What "special sprint features" are you concerned about? If you're worried about things like SprintTV , picturemail and Sprint Nav, they can easily be installed after flashing. I'm using Mightyrom 4.13 on sprint and it works great. Eventually I may go to a kitchen so I can remove a few things like rss Hub (I use Egress) to reduce program menu clutter.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

grdoddoh is just getting started

Mighty 4.13 and Juicy 5 are fast on my Sprint phone.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:42 AM
N00b

Circaflex is a n00b

Ive tried a bunch of different roms this last week, i have to say i like mightyrom the best on my Sprint TP.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mpeters13 is a n00b

Running MightyROM 4.12 and it runs very nicely. The only sprint-related issue is picture mail. When you snap a picture, you don't have the option to send an MMS until open the picture manually. Other than that, it works great. Sprint Navigation, TV, OzMessenger and picture mail otherwise work without a hitch. Opera is a little less stable than I'd like, but you can fix that by loading another version. I also had to modify Opera's custom user agent, but you can grab that information out of the Touch Pro essentials sticky.

G'luck.

Last edited by mpeters13; 03-14-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

molitar is keeping up the good workmolitar is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by selders59 View Post
I had that problem before and I had to do hard reset to get rid of it. I know a hard reset can be a pain but when you start flashing around with different rom's it sometimes has to be to get rid of somethings.
Now there are alot of great rom's out there that work great with Sprint. I use one I cooked in GC's kitchen 2.1.4 It has alot of memory if you set the page pool to 8 and it is pretty quick and stable. I also use Sprint Radio 1.110F.
thanks for the tip.. will try that.. tried another rom and it just had too much in it.. the main menu was no longer clean and slim.. had folders opening up all over.. default setting was gone from the menu and task manager was gone from the upper right menu.. So going to flash with that Sprint.. I just wanted to enhance the Sprint one not totally redesign the interface making it require stylus even more. As well as my movie recorder dissed on me completely with the other ROM. It was Raphael v1.7.24 that I tried for a sprint kitchen sink and just had too much that I never ever would use.

BTW what is the sprint radio? I installed it but couldn't even find it on the system.

Last edited by molitar; 03-14-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

ejqr5 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to ejqr5

This will explain the radio: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616 I'm using rstoyguy's rom. I've tried Juicy's and Mike's too, but rstoyguy's has the best balance for me. It's based on the Sprint stock rom too. Have fun flashing.

Last edited by ejqr5; 03-14-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

i like personally Merdins Rom but it will ultimatly be up to you since they are al diffrent and suit diffrent needs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development