PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 07:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090723 (21828.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
There surprises philosophy!!! rigth now the most of the Chefs are interesting in TP2 but I am confuse because in two years they never resolved first the bugs and fixes with TP and never finish to cooked a stable Rom for TP.
Go away. Why did you post this in every single ROM thread? Got nothing better to do. Geez...
Old 08-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Hangtime79 is a n00b

Long time lurker and recently first time flasher (phone was dying). I must say I have really liked the upgrade here over the Sprint ROM. I did have a question. In the stock ROM you can hold down the SHIFT + Arrow Down or Up and do a multiple selection. I am thinking specifically in the Inbox. That does not seem to work in the Juicy ROM. Am I missing a setting or was this removed in 6.5?
Old 08-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangtime79 View Post
Long time lurker and recently first time flasher (phone was dying). I must say I have really liked the upgrade here over the Sprint ROM. I did have a question. In the stock ROM you can hold down the SHIFT + Arrow Down or Up and do a multiple selection. I am thinking specifically in the Inbox. That does not seem to work in the Juicy ROM. Am I missing a setting or was this removed in 6.5?
It was removed in 6.5 because of the scrolling engine I believe. To select you make "right click" and touch make selection then it will allow you to do this.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTCTP

MACE is keeping up the good workMACE is keeping up the good work

Juicy47,

As promised, I have been testing the beta, trying to weasel out bugs for you, here is my first report:

I am quite impressed with the speed and stability of the currently available beta Juicy, aside from the aforementioned TF3D crashes, which have been fixed already anyway, its quite polished for a beta. I truly can't wait for the release version.

I also thought it might be helpful if I consolidated bugs that other people have reported as well, so I have them listed after the new ones I have found.

That said, here are the bugs I have been able to find so far that I have not seen reported already:

-The graphics for the scroll arrows in scroll bars are missing. They still seem to function if tapped, but are just missing an arrow graphic.
-The random access bar for weather tab is not flush with right side of screen
-HTC Calculator is missing (it is just the Win default)
-Voice command is broken, or missing components
-Teeter is missing, don't know if this is a bug, or intentional, but it has been in the previous Juicy releases
-Random hangs while using SIP keyboard (related to the graphical corruptions maybe?)
-Setting TF3D wallpaper sometimes does not update until TF3D is restarted
-TF3D and Opera Highlights are HTC green instead of the new black like the rest of the interface, including the HTC finger menus (not sure if this is intentional or not, but thought I should mention it)

Previously reported bugs (which I also confirmed):

- <FIXED> Accessing the HTC contacts list, or call history crashes TF3D
- <FIXED> Hardware keyboard mapping issues
- <FIXED> Graphical corruption with SIP keyboard
- Audio Manager not working
- Opening texts in TF3D crashes it
- Graphical corruption when starting camera, and when taking a picture. (Is not frozen, its just the picture preview after you take a picture, press the ok button, and it will setup for next picture)
-ms floating popup event window skin does not extend to corners
-default win 6.5 menus arrows are HUGE (Finger menu disabled)
-Win Default wallpaper (and start menu) is WM6.5 default blue color.
-Opera shortcut missing from start menu
-Audio Booster skin has some issues and overlaps
Previously reported bugs (unconfirmed):
-NFSU does not run
-HTCAlbum has an issue playing mp4s

Things that are FIXED in this version that were broken in previous versions!

-*Both* lock-screens work now! Although there is a weird artifact where the first time you lock the screen with the slider, it will instead use the classic lock-screen, but after that, whichever one you have set is the one that runs, small price to pay for working lock-screens if you ask me.
-You Tube not only works, but streams nice and smoothly, even very large files, in high quality mode
-Currently selected item in some programs having a corrupted icon is fixed

Confirmed old bugs from previous versions:

-Phone options when called from dialer fails
-Battery icon not showing on today screen when set to
-Incorrect Device ID
-Contacts and History in WM dialer missing

If I missed anything, or you have already fixed anything listed, PM or reply, and I'll update the list.

Once again, really great work on this Juicy, and thank you for all the time and effort you put in, if there is any way I can help out, please let me know.

Last edited by MACE; 08-26-2009 at 05:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:03 PM
N00b
Carrier: Telus

cosmok is a n00b

Not sure if it's just my phone but did the charging controls change? I used to be able to use a old Motorola car charger but it doesn't seem to recognize it with the BETA build.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE View Post
Juicy47,

As promised, I have been testing the beta, trying to weasel out bugs for you, here is my first report:

I am quite impressed with the speed and stability of the currently available beta Juicy, aside from the aforementioned TF3D crashes, which have been fixed already anyway, its quite polished for a beta. I truly can't wait for the release version.

I also thought it might be helpful if I consolidated bugs that other people have reported as well, so I have them listed after the new ones I have found.

That said, here are the bugs I have been able to find so far that I have not seen reported already:

-The graphics for the scroll arrows in scroll bars are missing. They still seem to function if tapped, but are just missing an arrow graphic.
-The random access bar for weather tab is not flush with right side of screen
-HTC Calculator is missing (it is just the Win default)
-Voice command is broken, or missing components
-Teeter is missing, don't know if this is a bug, or intentional, but it has been in the previous Juicy releases
-Random hangs while using SIP keyboard (related to the graphical corruptions maybe?)
-Setting TF3D wallpaper sometimes does not update until TF3D is restarted
-TF3D and Opera Highlights are HTC green instead of the new black like the rest of the interface, including the HTC finger menus (not sure if this is intentional or not, but thought I should mention it)

Previously reported bugs (which I also confirmed):

- <FIXED> Accessing the HTC contacts list, or call history crashes TF3D
- <FIXED> Hardware keyboard mapping issues
- <FIXED> Graphical corruption with SIP keyboard
- Audio Manager not working
- Opening texts in TF3D crashes it
- Graphical corruption when starting camera, and when taking a picture. (Is not frozen, its just the picture preview after you take a picture, press the ok button, and it will setup for next picture)
-ms floating popup event window skin does not extend to corners
-default win 6.5 menus arrows are HUGE (Finger menu disabled)
-Win Default wallpaper (and start menu) is WM6.5 default blue color.
-Opera shortcut missing from start menu
-Audio Booster skin has some issues and overlaps
Previously reported bugs (unconfirmed):
-NFSU does not run
-HTCAlbum has an issue playing mp4s

Things that are FIXED in this version that were broken in previous versions!

-*Both* lock-screens work now! Although there is a weird artifact where the first time you lock the screen with the slider, it will instead use the classic lock-screen, but after that, whichever one you have set is the one that runs, small price to pay for working lock-screens if you ask me.
-You Tube not only works, but streams nice and smoothly, even very large files, in high quality mode
-Currently selected item in some programs having a corrupted icon is fixed

Confirmed old bugs from previous versions:

-Phone options when called from dialer fails
-Battery icon not showing on today screen when set to
-Incorrect Device ID
-Contacts and History in WM dialer missing

If I missed anything, or you have already fixed anything listed, PM or reply, and I'll update the list.

Once again, really great work on this Juicy, and thank you for all the time and effort you put in, if there is any way I can help out, please let me know.
WOW

Thanks for the extensive bug list.... I will be working off this list to get things fixed.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
WOW

Thanks for the extensive bug list.... I will be working off this list to get things fixed.
NP, it is the least I can do to help out since I can't financially, besides, I have a little more free time atm unfortunately, LOL, so hopefully, it will save you some of yours.

Post, or PM me if something is fixed, and I will be quite happy to prepend <FIXED> to the entry
I'm sure that will make you happy too

As I find new bugs, would you like me to add them to that post, or post them in a new post?
Not sure what would be easier for you, one centralized list, or new notifications, or I suppose I could post a new post to notify you of a change, as well as edit the old one to add them.

Also, don't beat yourself up if you can't fix everything, most of these problems are Microsoft's or HTC's responsibility, I just listed them cause they are there, if you are able to make them work, awesome, if not, its quite understandable.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmok View Post
Not sure if it's just my phone but did the charging controls change? I used to be able to use a old Motorola car charger but it doesn't seem to recognize it with the BETA build.
It shouldn't need to recognize it if its not an actual USB device, but something *did* change recently with the battery drivers, in the beta, as well as ver 090723 as No2Chems battery utilities no longer recognize it as a TP or Diamond.
One thing to be careful of is that many of the older 'usb chargers' especially Motorola ones don't put out enough amperage for our devices to charge properly. Also, your TP will *try* to draw as much as it can, up to one amp at maximum (usually only a bit over 900mA in practice) so if its drawing 300mA (probably the most the charger can put out) from a charger only designed to charge a device looking for only 150-200mA it will be taxing on the charger, and may eventually cause it to fail if it is made poorly.
That said, it really *should* still work, so I would try it on another device, and see if it works at all.
If it does, try No2chem's power control panel to see how much amperage it is putting out, it may just be on its last leg or something.

[Edit]
LOL, *just* after I posted that, I plugged in my TP to test something, and as if my phone wanted to prove a point, it almost immediately false peaked, and said it was at 100% charge.
Since I don't have No2Chem's rapid charge installed at this stage because I'm testing Juicy's beta, its probably only pulling a few hundred milliamps, which illustrates one of the issues you can run into if you don't provide our phones with enough current.

Last edited by MACE; 08-27-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
It shouldn't need to recognize it if its not an actual USB device, but something *did* change recently with the battery drivers, in the beta, as well as ver 090723 as No2Chems battery utilities no longer recognize it as a TP or Diamond.
One thing to be careful of is that many of the older 'usb chargers' especially Motorola ones don't put out enough amperage for our devices to charge properly. Also, your TP will *try* to draw as much as it can, up to one amp at maximum (usually only a bit over 900mA in practice) so if its drawing 300mA (probably the most the charger can put out) from a charger only designed to charge a device looking for only 150-200mA it will be taxing on the charger, and may eventually cause it to fail if it is made poorly.
That said, it really *should* still work, so I would try it on another device, and see if it works at all.
If it does, try No2chem's power control panel to see how much amperage it is putting out, it may just be on its last leg or something.

[Edit]
LOL, *just* after I posted that, I plugged in my TP to test something, and as if my phone wanted to prove a point, it almost immediately false peaked, and said it was at 100% charge.
Since I don't have No2Chem's rapid charge installed at this stage because I'm testing Juicy's beta, its probably only pulling a few hundred milliamps, which illustrates one of the issues you can run into if you don't provide our phones with enough current.
I forget where this originally comes from... but it's a little executable that gives great info on battery. Even temporary charge% and actual charge% as well as charge milliamps and discharge milliamps.
I was using it to make sure my car charger wasn't wreaking havok on my Pro
enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: zip BatteryMonitor.zip (7.3 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by sc00b4s7eve; 08-27-2009 at 12:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cchris81 is keeping up the good workcchris81 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
NP, it is the least I can do to help out since I can't financially, besides, I have a little more free time atm unfortunately, LOL, so hopefully, it will save you some of yours.

Post, or PM me if something is fixed, and I will be quite happy to prepend <FIXED> to the entry
I'm sure that will make you happy too

As I find new bugs, would you like me to add them to that post, or post them in a new post?
Not sure what would be easier for you, one centralized list, or new notifications, or I suppose I could post a new post to notify you of a change, as well as edit the old one to add them.

Also, don't beat yourself up if you can't fix everything, most of these problems are Microsoft's or HTC's responsibility, I just listed them cause they are there, if you are able to make them work, awesome, if not, its quite understandable.
This should all be put in the WIKI, I don't know if the link has been placed on the 1st page, but here's the link.
http://juicy7.wikidot.com/bug-report
I don't even remember who created it, but it is in the member's sig

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development