PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

points is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]

Anyone tried to use Internet Sharing over bluetooth on any of the latest Roms? I've tried Juicy 7 5/30, Juicy 8 6/18 and the latest Juicy 8 6/27...none of them seem to work for me.

I can pair the device, no problem...however, when I try to browse from my PC, I get a "connection interrupted" or "page not found" error.

I've used other ROMS and was able to use internet sharing...so not sure what's up with the Juicy ROM or if it's just me...

I'm on Sprint...data and phone work fine otherwise...

Thanks in advance...
Old 07-02-2009, 11:18 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

New build going to fix the issue with the phone lagging to hell and wifi sticking itself on? I still haven't had a single reply to that.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

MakuSoto is just getting started

Anyone know how to change the Page Pool on the new 090627 rom? I tried changing it to 32 with PagePool_changer and also tried changing it manually by hex editing but in my About page still shows only 199.75MB memory which there was no change in the pagepool from the original 16MB.

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have been experiencing a small bug that I have yet to experience on any other version. Occasionally while typing using the hardware keyboard I am unable to use punctuation. So, all of my letters show up on the screen, but when I go to hit a '.' or ',' for instance, the pop up bar shows up as if I am in T9 and all of my punctuation is stored in the pop up bar instead of being entered into the typing field.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I have been experiencing a small bug that I have yet to experience on any other version. Occasionally while typing using the hardware keyboard I am unable to use punctuation. So, all of my letters show up on the screen, but when I go to hit a '.' or ',' for instance, the pop up bar shows up as if I am in T9 and all of my punctuation is stored in the pop up bar instead of being entered into the typing field.

Has anyone else experienced this?
It was mentioned back in post 6045. I think it may have come down to a reflash. Never did hear if it worked. I haven't experienced it. I think there was a screenshot of it in that post.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

trevor_g is keeping up the good worktrevor_g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
New build going to fix the issue with the phone lagging to hell and wifi sticking itself on? I still haven't had a single reply to that.
Yeah, I'm hoping that the wifi issue will be fixed too. Right now, I've resorted to using SPB PhoneSuite and creating a default 'Profile' that disables wifi when the phone boots and the program is launched. That's helped for me. Give it a shot man. At least until Juicy releases the new build...

As far as the phone lag - I do get temporary freezes (ie. 5 sec) when I'm scrolling sometimes (ie. scrolling through my programs list). Not a huge issue for me.

Hoping that Juicy will implement all of the fixes for the last build in his next. Totally excited for it!
Old 07-03-2009, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

trevor_g is keeping up the good worktrevor_g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by points View Post
Anyone tried to use Internet Sharing over bluetooth on any of the latest Roms? I've tried Juicy 7 5/30, Juicy 8 6/18 and the latest Juicy 8 6/27...none of them seem to work for me.

I can pair the device, no problem...however, when I try to browse from my PC, I get a "connection interrupted" or "page not found" error.

I've used other ROMS and was able to use internet sharing...so not sure what's up with the Juicy ROM or if it's just me...

I'm on Sprint...data and phone work fine otherwise...

Thanks in advance...
Yup, I've had success with that.

I use a Nokia n810 internet tablet, and I tether to my phone re: bluetooth. It works seamlessly and I always end up with an impressively fast connection. Haven't tried with my laptop, but it's the same process.

I'm with Telus using Juicy8...
Old 07-03-2009, 01:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

HEy Juicy, I know you removed these but if anyone is interested in the 6.5 widgets, like me, I found a pretty simple solution, so I put them all in one place. Lemme know how it works for you all.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...20&postcount=7

I like the weather widget way more than messing with the HTC Weather DB.
Seems to work great this Juicy build too!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:48 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
It was mentioned back in post 6045. I think it may have come down to a reflash. Never did hear if it worked. I haven't experienced it. I think there was a screenshot of it in that post.
Thanks, I knew I should've have scanned the recent pages of the thread before posting. I was just rushing out and wanted to mention it before too long. Thanks again!
Old 07-03-2009, 05:01 AM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoyaSkin View Post
Juicy, I hear soooo many good things about your ROM, I'm going to try it on my Sprint Touch Pro that's I'm using on Cricket with the MightyROM. Do you see any problems with using it? I notice there's a couple of guys on here who seemed to be using it with no reported problem.

Here's hoping to graciously visit your PayPal soon.
lol. juicy doesn't accept donations, but here's to visits to the thanks buttons on juicy's posts

Replaced by an HTC Desire: DeFroST 5.x w/ HAVS kernel, 1113MHz ondemand

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development