PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090618 (21815.5.0.50) [UC]

Here is a fix for the bluetooth icon not showing on the taskbar.

This is happening because the rom needs the Taskbar Icon Manager service installed. But for some reason the service just won't automatically start on Juicy 8. It started for me on other Juicy roms, just not the latest release.

So I made a cab that will install the service and put a shortcut in your startup folder which will then use Dotfred's Taskmanager to start the service. Now everytime you soft reset it will start the service so you won't have to.

1. Install to Device
2. Soft Reset
3. Turn on Bluetooth and make sure the icon appears on the taskbar
Attached Files
File Type: cab Juicy8 Bluetooth Fix.cab (234.9 KB, 90 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:20 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrito2000 View Post
I THINK I FOUND A LITTLE BUGG. I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH PEOPLE SCREEN ON TF3D.

WHEN I TRY TO DIAL TO ONE OF MY FAVORITE CONTACTS WITH SEVERAL PHONES (MOBILE, WORK, HOME, WORK2, ETC.), IT ONLY LET ME DIAL TO ONE SAME NUMBER, DOESN'T MATER IF I PUSH A DIFFERENT BUTTON (MOBILE, WORK, HOME OR OTHER), IT ALWAYS DIAL THE SAME NUMBER.

CAN SOME ONE CHECK IF IS ONLY ME? THANKS.
I noticed the same thing. This is only true for me from the people tab. The actual contact application seems to work fine.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo
Carrier: Sprint

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Battery life is insane on this ROM, best ever. I still wish it had a better dialer, the Tachi dialer is too buggy for me..
Old 06-23-2009, 09:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO (RAPH800)
Carrier: Sprint The "NOW" Network

mysticaldreams is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2037 View Post
I noticed the same thing. This is only true for me from the people tab. The actual contact application seems to work fine.
What build are you currently using. I experienced the same thing on previous build of Juicy 8. The current build 090618 seems to have corrected the issue.

I am curious to ask has any on notice a dramatic decrease in my programs memory which has made my touch pro kind of buggy and require alot of soft resets.

Has any one seen a lag in performance due to the low program memory?

Last edited by mysticaldreams; 06-23-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro 2

Jesse Buck is becoming a great contributor

My phone currently has ~ 80 mb free program memory with about 7 various applications installed to device post flash. Not sure if this will help but ppcgeeks has helped me so much I feel I should try to give back.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Tuffgong4 is keeping up the good workTuffgong4 is keeping up the good work

Juicy 8 kitchen release? Looking for a titanium only version of this rom...any chance of that happening?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuccia View Post
Here is a fix for the bluetooth icon not showing on the taskbar.

This is happening because the rom needs the Taskbar Icon Manager service installed. But for some reason the service just won't automatically start on Juicy 8. It started for me on other Juicy roms, just not the latest release.
Since you obv have a great grasp of the services, considering this and the awesome cabs you've thrown our way before, I have a question:
If I NEVER use bluetooth which (or all) of these services is it safe to stop & set to manual. And then is itOK to Disable too?
- Sync Bluetooth Server(ASB0:)
- Bluetooth Audio Gateway(BAG0:)
- Bluetooth HID Loader(BHL:)

I'm curious because if I stop, set to manual, and disable OBEX(OBX0:) the phone seems to warm up more as if something were trying to call the service.
TIA
Old 06-23-2009, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro||6850
Carrier: Smart Phone Junkie|| SPRINT

klone9d6r is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklone9d6r is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklone9d6r is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

[quote=sc00b4s7eve;992365]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Buck View Post

Yes, check here: Phone-options-Services(tab)-Roaming Alert
If you want, set it to disable.

Also, Mine seems to look in \My Documents\My Ringtones just fine.
I like this better because I don't like to intentionally add more files to the \Windows folder. It's big enough as it is.
yea thats true but i only have 3 mp3's, override the htc.gif, add new psShutxp skins and thats all.. plus theres no ringtone folder unless u make one, to each his own
Card: 8G
Carrier:
T-Mobile
Old 06-23-2009, 11:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman71 View Post
Battery life is insane on this ROM, best ever. I still wish it had a better dialer, the Tachi dialer is too buggy for me..
I have always liked the iDialer and iContact, but started liking the Tachi Dialer but still wanted something a little more, and surprising spent money on it. Kinda pricey but I do admit it is very nice. Check out PhoneEX. I also use PocketShield, and it integrates with it for PocketShields S2A. It was pricey but I am very impressed with it and also the scrolling capability. It is very well done.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lorddaddy84 is keeping up the good worklorddaddy84 is keeping up the good work

I love this rom more and more everyday. But i do have one problem, I cant get PocketSNES to work for the life of me. I will start up and run fine untill i try to load a rom. When I try to play a rom it just constantly pauses and makes my touch pro slow to a crawl, any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development