PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

NinjaDuck 07-01-2009 09:45 PM

Programs Tab - Any way to make it better?
 
I am not big in to diving in to the TF3D files, but the one thing that leaves me wanting more is the Programs Tab.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to:
  • Make the icons bigger or do four per row
  • Remove the labels
Thanks in advance

Snoman002 07-01-2009 10:16 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve (Post 1009425)
1- Are you refering to Messaging -> Options -> Storage tab -> When to delete.

2- My dialer does that too... Only for a couple seconds though. I think the longest it took, for the exclamation point to go away, was like 10sec when I had 3or4 other apps open.

1.
Yes, thats it exactly, or thats what it used to be. Unfortunately I dont have that option. If I go to messaging -> Menu -> Options -> Storage Tab there is no longer the "When to delete" dropdown list. I only have "Use Storage Card" and a dropdown for "Empty Deleted Items".

2.
If I immediately end a call I cant make another for minutes, last night it was more than 5 minutes before I could use the phone again. I just tired it again. When using the end hard button, it either ended and locked up (PDA functioned, phone locked up), or it continued to make the call even though I had no options to end the call. If I use the SIP then the phone just locked up, currently going on 10 minutes and the phone still wont work. It only seems to happen if I end the call while it is still dialing, if I end the call after it goes to "Connected" all is fine.

Mike,
Thanks for the provising script, that may lead me in the right direction, however I have never done any provisioning scripts so I need to figure out what I need to do to make it work first.

Thanks all!

cchris81 07-01-2009 10:28 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoman002 (Post 1009545)

2.
If I immediately end a call I cant make another for minutes, last night it was more than 5 minutes before I could use the phone again. I just tired it again. When using the end hard button, it either ended and locked up (PDA functioned, phone locked up), or it continued to make the call even though I had no options to end the call. If I use the SIP then the phone just locked up, currently going on 10 minutes and the phone still wont work. It only seems to happen if I end the call while the "Slide down for more options" screen is up.

l!

This is my only real problem with the rom, I play phone tag a lot, and I'm usually distributing info between 4 or 5 people, and This is almost impossible now, Mine isn't quite 5 min, but long enough to be extremely annoying. I find myself making the wrong call then have to wait to try again.

Snoman002 07-01-2009 10:28 PM

Re: Programs Tab - Any way to make it better?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mike2037 (Post 1009481)
I am not big in to diving in to the TF3D files, but the one thing that leaves me wanting more is the Programs Tab.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to:
  • Make the icons bigger or do four per row
  • Remove the labels
Thanks in advance

I do believe that the background4all for TF3D2 gives you the option of 4/row, dont know about the lables but IIRC there was something that fixed the overlaping lables posted earlier.

lordrainkm 07-02-2009 12:12 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoman002 (Post 1009545)
1.
Yes, thats it exactly, or thats what it used to be. Unfortunately I dont have that option. If I go to messaging -> Menu -> Options -> Storage Tab there is no longer the "When to delete" dropdown list. I only have "Use Storage Card" and a dropdown for "Empty Deleted Items".

2.
If I immediately end a call I cant make another for minutes, last night it was more than 5 minutes before I could use the phone again. I just tired it again. When using the end hard button, it either ended and locked up (PDA functioned, phone locked up), or it continued to make the call even though I had no options to end the call. If I use the SIP then the phone just locked up, currently going on 10 minutes and the phone still wont work. It only seems to happen if I end the call while it is still dialing, if I end the call after it goes to "Connected" all is fine.

Mike,
Thanks for the provising script, that may lead me in the right direction, however I have never done any provisioning scripts so I need to figure out what I need to do to make it work first.

Thanks all!

1.
That option is missing on mine as well. I never used that one before, but it's definitely not on the storage tab.

2.
I tried making a call and hanging up immediately, then making another call right away. The second call went through fine. I get some hang up lag sometimes, but never the minutes you're talking about. That's very strange.

psyki 07-02-2009 12:37 AM

Re: Programs Tab - Any way to make it better?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoman002 (Post 1009563)
I do believe that the background4all for TF3D2 gives you the option of 4/row, dont know about the lables but IIRC there was something that fixed the overlaping lables posted earlier.

It's not alltabsbg but another Showaco mod, it's just called "4 Column All Programs". I actually modified it slightly with a smaller font which helps with the overlapping labels. Attached. Hit thanks :)

infinityhombre 07-02-2009 12:52 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]
 
1 Attachment(s)
The one thing that has been bugging me with J8 is that I could not access the ## codes. From what I understand with the Tachi dialer you have to choose what you want. A functioning dialer, or ## codes that work, not both. I was able to get both working on my Sprint TP. I tossed together this cab. I tested it on two different TP. PRL/Profile updates work, as well as ## codes. Hope this helps some of you guys out too.

psyki 07-02-2009 01:12 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinityhombre (Post 1009812)
The one thing that has been bugging me with J8 is that I could not access the ## codes. From what I understand with the Tachi dialer you have to choose what you want. A functioning dialer, or ## codes that work, not both. I was able to get both working on my Sprint TP. I tossed together this cab. I tested it on two different TP. PRL/Profile updates work, as well as ## codes. Hope this helps some of you guys out too.

I stumbled across this regkey which enables ## codes in the tachi dialer and in some light testing it doesn't seem to affect dialing out or receiving calls! Try at your own risk, it came from dan-htc-touch.

Set this:
Code:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DialParser]
"DLL-OEM"="PhoneCanvas.dll"

The original setting is this:
Code:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DialParser]
"DLL-OEM"="dpext.dll"


infinityhombre 07-02-2009 01:17 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by psyki (Post 1009834)
I stumbled across this regkey which enables ## codes in the tachi dialer and in some light testing it doesn't seem to affect dialing out or receiving calls! Try at your own risk, it came from dan-htc-touch.

Set this:
Code:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DialParser]
"DLL-OEM"="PhoneCanvas.dll"

The original setting is this:
Code:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DialParser]
"DLL-OEM"="dpext.dll"



Yup pretty much what I did. Just bundled it into a cab with all the rest of the sprint carrier stuff.

psyki 07-02-2009 01:21 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinityhombre (Post 1009840)
Yup pretty much what I did. Just bundled it into a cab with all the rest of the sprint carrier stuff.

Oh sweet, I didn't look at your cab but that's cool :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0