PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

bboyneko 07-01-2009 12:56 PM

Re: Juicy 4.10 (20765 AKU 1.4.4)

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/...ntine-hair.jpg

MadlyAlive 07-01-2009 02:08 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]

Anyone have a mirror for the latest build? RS sucks and keeps timing out and when the download finally finished after an hour, the RAR was corrupt.

morphx2 07-01-2009 02:50 PM

I need a non-rapidshare direct link too...doesnt work here at work (gets blocked) and wont be home until tomorrow night

BrianPAdams 07-01-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphx2 (Post 1008550)
I need a non-rapidshare direct link too...doesnt work here at work (gets blocked) and wont be home until tomorrow night

See post 5804: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=5804

lorddaddy84 07-01-2009 03:58 PM

Need for Speed G Sensor doesn't work, and I can't get PocketSNES to work. Has anyone gotten PocketSNES to work on this rom, I miss playing Zelda, lol.

DotKom 07-01-2009 05:29 PM

what is the cab called that lets up update fb profile piks wit contacts?

Snoman002 07-01-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordrainkm (Post 1007804)
One:

Email tab-> Menu -> Accounts -> Accounts -> Menu -> Options -> Select Account Name -> Send/Receive Schedule -> Download messages: this is the option that determines how many days of email it keeps, set it to "All messages" to keep all email.

Two:

Dialing works fine for me.

BTW:

I believe there is a wiki somewhere for all the fixes, I don't know if it's kept up to date, but it seems like a good way to organize the information here.

Thanks for the help!
One
Ok, that makes sense. Unfortunately that means every time I flash or reset it is going to download all 3 years of emails on my gmail account. Before there was a distinct setting to determine how long the emails stayed on the phone, different than how many days of messages it would download.

Two.
Interesting, bummer to hear it may be an isolated issue, I was hoping there was a fix. If someone is willing, would they try the following procedure. Click a contact and dial them, then immediatly hang up. Can you even access the phone function after that? Dial any contacts? This is happend to me on both versions of 8, although on this latest flash the phone function is MUCH faster than it was on the previous flash, it has also happend to at least one other.

I did find the Wiki, unfortunately it was quite outdated. I would edit it myself but I'm a wikidiot and I dont want to f-up the wiki for everybody else. I need to re-read a bunch of the thread pages tonight so maybe I'll try and post up the problems and fixes in the wiki, screwing it up be-damned because honestly, finding information in this thread is worse than any damage I would do to the Wiki.

da1stprince 07-01-2009 07:51 PM

I'm having a really good time with the latest build....the only issues i have is with the tachi dialer -few non responsive moments that clear after a while, and the device lock will not properly lock the buttons sometimes,but that's it for the moment. i have found a way to easily upgrade to the latest build painlessly-(using sprite backup)

1) backup all contacts, appointments,etc.(dashboard,exchange server,myphone)
2) use sprite backup to backup current image (it backups all installed programs,with all favorite settings,shortcuts,ringers,...everything is saved!)
3) flash to latest build
4) restore using sprite backup and select: merge level 1 and check restore all databases. everything will restore exactly to the same state you saved the phone in but operating in the new build you flashed over to. good luck and i hope this helps anyone interested...

sc00b4s7eve 07-01-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoman002 (Post 1008977)
Thanks for the help!
One
Before there was a distinct setting to determine how long the emails stayed on the phone, different than how many days of messages it would download.

Two.
Click a contact and dial them, then immediatly hang up. Can you even access the phone function after that?

1- Are you refering to Messaging -> Options -> Storage tab -> When to delete.

2- My dialer does that too... Only for a couple seconds though. I think the longest it took, for the exclamation point to go away, was like 10sec when I had 3or4 other apps open.

NinjaDuck 07-01-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoman002 (Post 1008977)
Thanks for the help!
One
Ok, that makes sense. Unfortunately that means every time I flash or reset it is going to download all 3 years of emails on my gmail account. Before there was a distinct setting to determine how long the emails stayed on the phone, different than how many days of messages it would download.

Two.
Interesting, bummer to hear it may be an isolated issue, I was hoping there was a fix. If someone is willing, would they try the following procedure. Click a contact and dial them, then immediatly hang up. Can you even access the phone function after that? Dial any contacts? This is happend to me on both versions of 8, although on this latest flash the phone function is MUCH faster than it was on the previous flash, it has also happend to at least one other.

I did find the Wiki, unfortunately it was quite outdated. I would edit it myself but I'm a wikidiot and I dont want to f-up the wiki for everybody else. I need to re-read a bunch of the thread pages tonight so maybe I'll try and post up the problems and fixes in the wiki, screwing it up be-damned because honestly, finding information in this thread is worse than any damage I would do to the Wiki.

There is a setting. I do it via provisioning script. Here is my setup for gmail.

Pay attention to the DWNDAY setting.

<wap-provisioningdoc>
<!-- Other Mail Settings -->
<!-- Use link below to fig out values -->
<!-- http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa455896.aspx -->
<characteristic type="EMAIL2">
<characteristic type="{bef6bd14-cdcf-403f-a7a7-f4aa9055bdf8}">
<parm name="SERVICENAME" value="gmail" />
<parm name="SERVICETYPE" value="IMAP4" />
<parm name="INSERVER" value="imap.gmail.com" />
<parm name="OUTSERVER" value="smtp.gmail.com" />
<parm name="NAME" value="Your Name" />