PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

bedlam247 07-01-2009 02:28 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordrainkm (Post 1007059)
There was an old fix for this, probably worth a try before getting a new phone. This was an EPST bug, so it would remain even after a hard reset or a flash.

The fix was (or something similar to this):
##DATA# (##3282#)
You need your unlock code.
Change Active profile to 1, or if it is is one reset.
Exit, phone should ask to restart.

If you don't have your MSL (unlock code), there was a trick for that too:

* Change the following registry entries in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\ATDbgLog
Enable: 1
LogMode: 1
* Wait a reasonable amount of time and soft-reset (I have noticed that it seems to take longer for this value to take affect, so if you reboot and the registry values are not changed, then you need to do it again and wait longer)
* Check to see that the file \Temp\ATDbg0.txt has been created.
* Return the values back to what they were (most likely 0) waiting the same amount of time as above.
* Look in the ATDbg0.txt file and you should see a log of commands sent to the CDMA radio and there should be something like this somewhere in the file:

Code:

113 Tx:AT+HTC_RMSL=0
113 Rx:+HTC_RMSL: 354201
113 Tx:AT+HTC_ROTKSL=0
113 Rx:+HTC_ROTKSL: 216112

The numbers next to the Rx: +HTC_RMSL line should be your MSL

I took my phone into a Sprint service center and this might be what they did to my phone, because my internet work after they worked on it. When I asked what they did, they said they did a "hard reset" that removed all apps on the phone and then they push the sprint standard apps back on...I should tried what you kindly provided, but since I was away from my computer and no internet on phone...perhaps next time, but I will save this suggestion. Thanks again!

lordrainkm 07-01-2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoman002 (Post 1007441)
Two problems.

One, I cant seem to find the setting for auto deletion of emails. My emails delete after a couple days and I want to stop that. On my stock ROM I found the setting to turn the auto delete off, I cant find it on this build. I dont get enough emails to worry about keeping them, not to mention that I delete every email I dont want anyways.

Two, is there anything regarding dialing issues from TF? I just checked the people tab to see if the tabs had been fixed (still dials the same number from all tabs), and now I cant dial anything. I believe that somebody before mentioned this, but I didnt see it in the previous 40 pages that I just read again. It seems that if I dial somebody, and then immediatly end the call, before it even connects, I cant dial anything for a couple minutes.

BTW, reflashed and it seemed to help my slowness issues, must have had a bad flash.

Great job Juicy.

BTW, anybody thought about making a Juicy8 Fixes post? Its a great ROM, but like everything there are some tweaks and fixes that need to be implemented. It might help somebody out if the fixes were posted in one place rather than a 600 page thread. Actually, that leads me to another question. Why is it a new release, such as going from Juicy7 to Juicy8, is done in the same thread? This thread was already HUGE and difficult to work with, adding a new release just adds to the maddness. Seems to me that a new thread would be the way to go, but I'm new around here so I imagine there is a good reason. Anybody care to share?

One:

Email tab-> Menu -> Accounts -> Accounts -> Menu -> Options -> Select Account Name -> Send/Receive Schedule -> Download messages: this is the option that determines how many days of email it keeps, set it to "All messages" to keep all email.

Two:

Dialing works fine for me.

BTW:

I believe there is a wiki somewhere for all the fixes, I don't know if it's kept up to date, but it seems like a good way to organize the information here.

ruskiyab 07-01-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klone9d6r (Post 1007421)
Has anyone figured out why this rom has problems with s2u2 :scratch:??
this is a great rom but i need s2u2 the way a fatboy needs cake..=D>=D>

Try out S2U2 v2.02c, it can be found over in the S2U2 thread on xda

nemoid 07-01-2009 10:17 AM

I'm at work so I don't have time to go back through the thread since the last release...

but is anyone else having the problem where during a text message/e-mail/etc, and you start typing someone's name in the "To:" field, the names don't start to autoload? If so, is there a way to fix it

ahuskins 07-01-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemoid (Post 1007987)
I'm at work so I don't have time to go back through the thread since the last release...

but is anyone else having the problem where during a text message/e-mail/etc, and you start typing someone's name in the "To:" field, the names don't start to autoload? If so, is there a way to fix it

Here you go:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=5929

Works like a charm!

nemoid 07-01-2009 10:44 AM

Thanks! Haha I have that on my SDCard. I guess I forgot to install it. Or I just didn't know what it was for :lol:

points 07-01-2009 11:45 AM

I'm sorry...I'm an idiot. I just realized that I posted this in the Diamond thread...so I'm reposting again here in the right place (I didn't flash my TP with the Diamond ROM, honest...). Anyway, hoping to get some help on this, and sorry for the repost:

I've tried my best to read through a lot of this thread, but couldn't find anything...I apologize in advance if something has already been posted about this.

But, I can't get ICS over bluetooth to work for me. Tried it on two different computers, same result. I can pair the device with the computer, it gives me an IP just fine, but when I try to browse a site I get random errors like "can't find site" or "connection interrupted". Occasionally I do get a page...but for the most part, it doesn't work at all and I get an error message in the browser rather than the page itself.

What am I doing wrong? I was able to use ICS in other Roms, so I know it can work with my phone. I absolutely love my Juicy ROM and would hate to give it up just for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I'm on Sprint, and both phone and data work fine otherwise...

Thanks!

PS I'm on Juicy 8: Build 090618

Juicy Thanks, I love this ROM!!!!

ShadowDrake 07-01-2009 12:01 PM

Still having wifi issues, grrr...

Now it's making the phone unusable. When this wifi bug happens, the phone gets considerably slower. I was watching videos on youtube with my stereo bt headphones connected and it worked fine for a few videos, then on one, the video would play just fine but the audio kept skipping, spending more time in silence than was actually playing. it wasnt dropping any audio, just not playing it so the sound was out of sync.

I closed youtube and gave up and saw wifi had "turned itself on" so I put the phone into airplane mode and soft reset. When the phone started back up, it was slow like before the soft reset, and the power button wouldnt wake the phone or put it into standby, but sliding the keyboard would wake it up.

The power button worked still, holding it asked if I wanted to power off. The taskbar said no connections active, so I checked the comm manager and it said wifi was on... great. I turned it off and soft reset again... on next boot, poof, the phone was fast again. Comm manager said wifi was off... So here I am now.

I know this is only going to last a couple of hours before it happens again.

SUGGESTIONS, anyone? I just get the feeling no one knows. This only started happening with the most recent build.

ShadowDrake 07-01-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by points (Post 1008154)
I'm sorry...I'm an idiot. I just realized that I posted this in the Diamond thread...so I'm reposting again here in the right place (I didn't flash my TP with the Diamond ROM, honest...). Anyway, hoping to get some help on this, and sorry for the repost:

I've tried my best to read through a lot of this thread, but couldn't find anything...I apologize in advance if something has already been posted about this.

But, I can't get ICS over bluetooth to work for me. Tried it on two different computers, same result. I can pair the device with the computer, it gives me an IP just fine, but when I try to browse a site I get random errors like "can't find site" or "connection interrupted". Occasionally I do get a page...but for the most part, it doesn't work at all and I get an error message in the browser rather than the page itself.

What am I doing wrong? I was able to use ICS in other Roms, so I know it can work with my phone. I absolutely love my Juicy ROM and would hate to give it up just for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I'm on Sprint, and both phone and data work fine otherwise...

Thanks!

PS I'm on Juicy 8: Build 090618

Juicy Thanks, I love this ROM!!!!

I will check this out for you once I get home. You are using the default WM connection sharing right?

points 07-01-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowDrake (Post 1008177)
I will check this out for you once I get home. You are using the default WM connection sharing right?

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

Yes, the "internet sharing" app that's in the rom. I select "bluetooth pan", and "data". It pairs fine, but I just can't browse any sites on my computer.

Thanks again...