PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

snowmandc 04-07-2009 01:38 PM

Re: manila sms restarting!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medic (Post 830676)
I'm getting this issue as well. nothing installed so far just the rom itself.

Same here,i have a problem with threaded sms restarting touch flo!! Very annoying, is there a fix?

Chuck_IV 04-07-2009 01:46 PM

Re: JUICY 6 - Build 090406H (21042) [UC] *RHODIUM MANILA*

Quote:

Originally Posted by slopokdave (Post 830679)
I've got the facebook option like he said... when you go to call history then the "Updates/Events" tab make sure you click on the Facebook thing first then hit menu; I think thats how it did it. It then asked me for my login/password. After this you can go to each of your contacts and link them with facebook. It will bring in their picture too...

It's buggy as heck really tho. For me it only linked one of my 3 people I have in my book. For some reason when I try to link the other 2, it isn't able to link them and theres no way to manually tell it what to link.

Then after linking the one person, at first I decided I didn't want the photo brought in, but later when I did and tried to bring the photo in, it won't do it.. Plus, half the time, when it tried to pull up Facebook in Opera, it just hangs with the HTC logo on a black screen.

Exstatica 04-07-2009 01:46 PM

http://www.exstatica.net/phone/Screen01.jpg

thats what it looks like on mine, maybe you have to have an event.

ShadowDrake 04-07-2009 01:53 PM

I'm having pretty bad keyboard issues right now. They seem to show up when I flash this ROM on. The keyboard will start by missing some keystrokes, and holding others as if I'm holding the key down. These will get continually worse (like, holding a single key up to 45 seconds or so) then the keyboard will just completely die. After that, a soft reset brings it back to life for a random amount of time... then it won't work at all any more.

I then re-flash to the stock ROM, keyboard works again.

That's kind of where I am right now. I had it at the sprint store yesterday with a stock ROM and the keyboard not working. They repaired it - it worked fine. I went home and re-flashed, keyboard worked fine this morning. I had some issues last night with it missing keys and repeating some but not major. Then, I gently set the phone on the desk, picked it up 5 minutes later to answer a text and the keyboard is completely dead - even after a soft reset.

Flashed to the stock ROM and it's working again, but who really knows for how long?

So, am I the only one having these problems?

ahuskins 04-07-2009 02:05 PM

Firstly, J. Great work! :headbang:

It took me forever to find out how to enable the social networking engine but finally here's what I did.

I am running 405H.

1. Installed "HTC Album + Social Networking Engine" from here (this may or may not be necessary but will allow you to post pics to facebook!! VERY QUICK and SIMPLE)

2. The trick is getting Facebook signed in and that is found under "Connections" in "All Settings". Click on "Account Manager".

3. Provide email and pass and ..... Voila!

skywing269 04-07-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck_IV (Post 830830)
It's buggy as heck really tho. For me it only linked one of my 3 people I have in my book. For some reason when I try to link the other 2, it isn't able to link them and theres no way to manually tell it what to link.

Then after linking the one person, at first I decided I didn't want the photo brought in, but later when I did and tried to bring the photo in, it won't do it.. Plus, half the time, when it tried to pull up Facebook in Opera, it just hangs with the HTC logo on a black screen.

In order for the contacts to link the name in your TP must exactly match their name in Facebook.

Would anyone know how to configure the Messages tab so tapping a message opens the old WM threaded SMS app instead of the new contact tab screen?The new one has always been completely broken for me and is really my only annoyance left. I am sure it could be done with SSMaHo but I do not know the arguments to bring back the old SMS app.

Chuck_IV 04-07-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skywing269 (Post 831008)
In order for the contacts to link the name in your TP must exactly match their name in Facebook

It does on my screen but I'm guessing it's because of the middle initial the people are using. I just enter the name as First M Last in my contacts and it "looks" the same as facebook, but it's not recognizing it, as a match.

jonesj8 04-07-2009 03:59 PM

Random request, can someone post all the alert sounds that were in this rom?

foreignsoda 04-07-2009 04:11 PM

Re: JUICY 6 - Build 090328H (21042) [UC] *RHODIUM MANILA*

Quote:

I need help with this...

When keeping a conversation open, all the new texts from that person are kept as 'New' and it forces me (when I go back to my home tab or another section of my phone) to go all the way back to when I first received the new one it is rather annoying to keep pressing newer/going through all the texts I already read.
Quote:

Anyone find a fix? This is sooo annoying having a conversation open and then going to another person's conversation and when going back to the first person having to go through ALL of the texts I already read.
anyone please?

jthomas8946 04-07-2009 04:19 PM

Re: JUICY 6 - Build 090328H (21042) [UC] *RHODIUM MANILA*

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreignsoda (Post 831245)
anyone please?

This is caused by the incorrect time on your device. Check you time and time zone settings. This will fix the problem.