PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [May 12] JUICY 7 - Build 090512H (21222.5.0.1) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
Is there a fix for the All People/All Favorites tab not working?
This is a known issue with this manila. The port is incomplete. Nothing anyone can do about it till the port gets completed. Here is a simple solution in the meantime. Use the search function built into the MS dialer itself. Just go to the dialer and start typing the contacts name using the dialpad. If you have more than one "John Smith" you can move through them by clicking on the arrows by their name and number which pops up.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:58 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlin1998 View Post
Anyone
having trouble with editing their contacts? When I go into the contact, and press MENU the screen gets dark like a menu is going to pop up but nothing happens. The phone is still responsive and I can go back, exit the contact list, etc, but the screen stays shaded gray.
- Same problem, also I cannot make a call from favorite people and manila contact tool. Tap the number and nothing happened, instead of poping up the dial pad.

Another problem I am having is with the time. When I press on the clock to access the settings, it pulls up Call History. I am still able to access the clock settings through the start menu
- This is the expected behavior. The manila world clock has bug and was replaced by this.

Was just curious if I was the only one having these issues.
Just like to remind that there is a wiki with some of these issues listed as known. It is a open wiki where anyone can add to the list. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

For the contacts, I just tap on Phone on the lower-left of the main screen, once dialpad shows up, I tap the Contacts at the bottom and iContact comes up........so that's my work-around.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro and Droid
Carrier: Verizon

utctigers is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to utctigers Send a message via MSN to utctigers

Is Anybody Having Keyboard Issues With This Rom
Old 05-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf View Post
any tips on getting a promo code or do i just have to wait to try my phone?
myphone for me doesnt want to reload any of my contacts...it just freezes at 60 precent and does nothing for ten minutes....but google it and just sign up for a promo code
Old 05-13-2009, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

tek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I added the music tab bug to the wiki. Hopefully that will work b/c Juicy won't seem to acknowledge it otherwise
Old 05-13-2009, 02:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

wlin1998 is just getting started

First I admit that I am too lazy to read previous posts. I am sorry if this is a repost.

I got "riahost is not a valid Pocket PC application" when I try to lauhch "search widget".
Old 05-13-2009, 03:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
This is a known issue with this manila. The port is incomplete. Nothing anyone can do about it till the port gets completed. Here is a simple solution in the meantime. Use the search function built into the MS dialer itself. Just go to the dialer and start typing the contacts name using the dialpad. If you have more than one "John Smith" you can move through them by clicking on the arrows by their name and number which pops up.
I'm not sure about Juicy's rom but 'All People' and favorites definitely do work in other Rhodium roms. You can also dial out from contacts within rhodium on other roms. I think this is because juicy is using a version of manila that makes it so the keyboard does not pop up on boot but has the side effect of losing dialer capabilities from within rhodium. I have no idea why favorites don't work, possibly for the same reason. This is why on xda there is actually a bounty to be paid to the first person who ports the topaz phonecanvas to a VGA device. FYI on other rhodium rom's you CAN dial out from within rhodium.

It's true the VGA Rhodium port is not complete and unfortunately xboxmod has pretty much abandoned the port completely, I believe so he can concentrate on the topaz VGA port.

Like my work? Hit

Last edited by psyki; 05-13-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
Ok, one thing is I have noticed with the new Manila, is when replying to text messages in the new chat threded window, when I open the keyboard to start to type, I have to touch the box first before typing or the contacts list will pop up. Is there a way to resolve this, so when slide the keyboard open to type a reply it starts to write letters in the box for the reply without having to select the box first.

Thanks Juicy
I have this problem in my ROM, I think it's just a "bug" in the rhodium port.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:48 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post
I added the music tab bug to the wiki. Hopefully that will work b/c Juicy won't seem to acknowledge it otherwise
Yeah, but he hasn't asked me to stop so I am going to keep it up. I might just rethink the whole thing and add other roms.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development