PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [Apr 29] JUICY 7 - Build 090429H (21501.5.0.70) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nswenson View Post
Anyone notice the temporary pauses that occur on on the last roms? For example, scrolling through the photos, every 4 or 5 that you scroll through the phone will temporary freeze for like 2 seconds and then continue again. This is not specific to manilla either. I installed spb mobile shell and if you go to the carosel view and roll through the screens it does the same 2 second freezes. I tried hard resetting and just running the rom straight away with no installs, same pauses are there. Right now I'm running the test rom that was just released. Same thing occurs on the 4/29h rom.

Nathan
This is a known issue. This should be fixed sometime.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

In addition to the short pauses that occur, the opera crashes on sites with embedded flash content. For example, stocktock.com and livewithoscar.com crash. I'm a stock trader and need these sites to work. Another buggy part if the Manilla programs tab. If you enable that it sort of over-rides the soft buttons on the bottom so that all tabs show the 'all programs' and 'remove' buttons. I guess that's why that tab is disabled by default. For now I'll have to run the MightMike 5 rom. It's a conservative 6.5 build, but very stable. I'll try out the next rom. I recommend dropping back to the previous opera version (15954?) as that one did not have the crashing issue.

By the way I love your work. I'm glad that you push envelope, using the very latest components. Once you get the bugs worked out it will be the ultimate rom for latest features and speed.

Nathan

Last edited by nswenson; 05-03-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

nswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Fix for opera crashes!

Ok, I was just messing around the opera config setting and I figured out the cause of the crashes. To solve the issue, enter 'opera:config' in the url field which will take you to the advanced settings. In here go to 'adaptive zoom' -> 'Virtual Screen Width'. Change the value from 960 to 800 and then save and exit opera. No more crashing after this.

It appears the crashes are triggered by web sites which have a wider layout.

Nathan

Edit: Never mind, still crashing on some sites. Need to play with settings some more.

Edit2: The issue is not related to config settings. I changed all config settings to match the values of the 15954 build, but it still crashes.

Last edited by nswenson; 05-04-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

I know you wanna stay with 6.5, but to me, the perfect combination at this time is 6.1 and TF3D2.

I try your new releases, but I always end up flashing back to 090328H. Everything works great on that one.

Thanks again, Juicy.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 05-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Prizzo
Carrier: VZW

quadjacks is keeping up the good workquadjacks is keeping up the good work
Wink Re: [ROM] [Apr 29] JUICY 7 - Build 090429H (21501.5.0.70) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoid View Post
You have to use 2.2. I've attached it.

WOW! i almost gave up on the weather tab, but this app worked, thatnks nemoid
Old 05-04-2009, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

stormseek is becoming a great contributor

so were could i get my hands on Juicy 6 090328H
Old 05-04-2009, 12:45 AM
N00b

aceofspades923 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadjacks View Post
WOW! i almost gave up on the weather tab, but this app worked, thatnks nemoid
My weather tab still does not work and restarts touch flo 3d even after i installed that cab. Am i missing something here?
Old 05-04-2009, 12:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
I know you wanna stay with 6.5, but to me, the perfect combination at this time is 6.1 and TF3D2.

I try your new releases, but I always end up flashing back to 090328H. Everything works great on that one.

Thanks again, Juicy.
I'll be happy with whatever Juicy creates... but I'm really diggin on the 090429, and even more so the SprintTVbeta.

6.5 is just sooooooooo much nicer to my battery! Almost twice the batterylife.

I know what you mean, Until recently I was flashing back to 090328 pretty regularly.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:00 AM
N00b
Carrier: Telus

overburn is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcat2007 View Post
Try the Copper rom. I use it and love it. Dont have any problems. I think the Rhodium TF will be alot better once someone ports it from an actual phone.
copper is fantastic.

I would love to see a Juicy rom of the latest 6.5 without TF
Old 05-04-2009, 01:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by overburn View Post
copper is fantastic.

I would love to see a Juicy rom of the latest 6.5 without TF
I used to be a TF3d fanatic. And still love it, but have found myself moving over to SPB Mobile Shell more and more just due to the work part of it and personalization part of it. Very customizable. So I honestly wouldn't cry at all if he did something like this, but I know Juicy loves TF3d and who can blame him, it is beautiful. So I never mind disabling it for the greater good. But I definately want all the newer apps and such he tweaks into things so Copper is out of the question! But it will be nice when he releases his kitchen hopefully and get the best of both worlds. I just appreciate all the effort he has put into it and takes the time to listen and share with us all.

Thanks Juicy, you are the bomb!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development