PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 07:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

jbachandouris is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: -+22 Mar 09+- UPD #18: SSK 1.6 Final Beta (20764.1.4.3) - See OP for details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent1 View Post
Good luck, and most importantly stay safe. I know you elected to stay for the good of the community, and I admire you for that. Empty towns don't build dikes.

What else should be expect from a Nightstalker! Stay safe and help keep others safe.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff
Re: -+22 Mar 09+- UPD #18: SSK 1.6 Final Beta (20764.1.4.3) - See OP for details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Just a quick update. The weather in Fargo has gone from bad to worse. We have already had 8 inches of snow since the yesterday. Things are looking very grim. We were told in a city meeting today that we need to think of leaving our homes soon although they are not forcing us to evacuate. They did say the neighborhood that I am in will be pretty much blocked off from the outside world by tommorow. If we are home when they close the levee's we are stuck until its all over. I have opted not to relocate and to stay in my home during this.

Currently the Red River is at its highest point in Fargo's history and is expected to crest this Saturday. The mayor, in the meeting today, stated that this is going to be a historic event. He urged all people to conitnue filling sandbags. We have to raise the levee's around the community another two feet by Saturday. The levee's are as high as 38 feet in some area's already. They have also started building smaller contingnent levee's. These smaller levee's are the ones that will barricade my community in.

I have never seen such a surreal environment.

Wish us luck!

-Scott
My thoughts are with you. Please keep us posted.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Just a quick update. The weather in Fargo has gone from bad to worse. We have already had 8 inches of snow since the yesterday. Things are looking very grim. We were told in a city meeting today that we need to think of leaving our homes soon although they are not forcing us to evacuate. They did say the neighborhood that I am in will be pretty much blocked off from the outside world by tommorow. If we are home when they close the levee's we are stuck until its all over. I have opted not to relocate and to stay in my home during this.

Currently the Red River is at its highest point in Fargo's history and is expected to crest this Saturday. The mayor, in the meeting today, stated that this is going to be a historic event. He urged all people to conitnue filling sandbags. We have to raise the levee's around the community another two feet by Saturday. The levee's are as high as 38 feet in some area's already. They have also started building smaller contingnent levee's. These smaller levee's are the ones that will barricade my community in.

I have never seen such a surreal environment.

Wish us luck!

-Scott
I will keep you and your family in my prayers. God bless Scott.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: vzw

impudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigndropz View Post
I will keep you and your family in my prayers. God bless Scott.
Reigndropz,

you were trying to do advanced things with Phone settings and UC a few pages back, Did you ever figure them out? I'd be very interested to follow your research and learn a thing or 2. If you didn't I have a few suggestions for you to check out.

Device:XV6850 - Verizon Touch Pro
Radio: 1.03.03v
SPL: .35-comonex
5/2/09 SSK 2.0 20776

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff

Quote:
Reigndropz,

you were trying to do advanced things with Phone settings and UC a few pages back, Did you ever figure them out? I'd be very interested to follow your research and learn a thing or 2. If you didn't I have a few suggestions for you to check out.

Actually just as of yesterday, with the help of someone in the forums, I got it working perfectly. I finally found a way to delete the start menu and implement my own start menu setup with SDConfig. FatFrosty showed me how to use Mortscript which takes care of all that. It works awesome. The only slight glitch I have is changing roms.

For instance, when I copied how my start menu is set up and made a back up of it, a different rom might have or not have the programs you like so you can end up with a a few dead shortcuts in the programs folder and/or start menu if you dont have it set up correctly. A small price to pay though since now everytime I flash my I automatically have a large start menu with the programs I need in it.. Its spectacular. One of the best inventions since the wheel. lol

Check it out. Read Fatfrosty's quote.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=59566&page=21
Old 03-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

+1 fatfrosty's post helped me out immensly, i found his way much simpler than how i was instructed to do it before with uc.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: vzw

impudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigndropz View Post
Actually just as of yesterday, with the help of someone in the forums, I got it working perfectly. I finally found a way to delete the start menu and implement my own start menu setup with SDConfig. FatFrosty showed me how to use Mortscript which takes care of all that. It works awesome. The only slight glitch I have is changing roms.

For instance, when I copied how my start menu is set up and made a back up of it, a different rom might have or not have the programs you like so you can end up with a a few dead shortcuts in the programs folder and/or start menu if you dont have it set up correctly. A small price to pay though since now everytime I flash my I automatically have a large start menu with the programs I need in it.. Its spectacular. One of the best inventions since the wheel. lol

Check it out. Read Fatfrosty's quote.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=59566&page=21
Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
+1 fatfrosty's post helped me out immensly, i found his way much simpler than how i was instructed to do it before with uc.
I think I will have to read and play with that entire thread in order to get up to speed. I took a quick glance, to see if there were itemized instructions, and it looks scary as hell!

On a side note, I built my own rom with a manila I borrowed from mobilematt. I used the 1.6 kitchen (with some personal tweaks) the 21015 build (one of my favorites). along with a few custom apps that I converted from .cab to actual OEM's. I'm pretty pleased with myself today, other than being extremely tired. I Flashed at 1:30 AM and have been solid since... who knew. I wound up tweaking until 4:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I think I will have to read and play with that entire thread in order to get up to speed. I took a quick glance, to see if there were itemized instructions, and it looks scary as hell!

On a side note, I built my own rom with a manila I borrowed from mobilematt. I used the 1.6 kitchen (with some personal tweaks) the 21015 build (one of my favorites). along with a few custom apps that I converted from .cab to actual OEM's. I'm pretty pleased with myself today, other than being extremely tired. I Flashed at 1:30 AM and have been solid since... who knew. I wound up tweaking until 4:30 AM.
yeah i had to spend a couple days just reading and doing a lot of trial and error. im still not 100 percent with uc but im getting there and its more than worth it to figure out. makes reflashing everyday a lot less hectic.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:

I thought the same too! This is too much for me! lol, but its not bad at all. It looks a lot worse than it really is. I find adjusting xml's way tougher than what this was compromised of. If you need help PM me, I will do what I can do to show you how I set mine up.

Also, 21015 is MY favorite build too! I need to learn more about using the sys builds although if I try to cram anymore nerdiness (which isnt bad!) in my body I'm going to have to get a pocket protector and put a band aid in the middle of my glasses frame.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Sancho is a n00b

Hopefully everything is okay with you today Scott. I built up a 21015 b2b rom last night, its amazing how much faster it is over the stock verizon. Couple of questions, if I want to add cabs into the rom during build can I copy them into the oem folder?

Second question is regarding the vibe on connect feature during calls, it seems to not work anymore even though the box is checked?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development