PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: verizon

clubprerit is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *21 Feb* UPD 15: SSK 1.5M *8* OS Kitchen inc WM6.5 Build 21159 and OS 21015 ROM -

by the way, it is off of scott's website and the preferred ROM everybody likes. i have some small cosmetic issues with the one i have right now with the phone dialpad.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: *21 Feb* UPD 15: SSK 1.5M *8* OS Kitchen inc WM6.5 Build 21159 and OS 21015 ROM -

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
I have been working in the corporate IT field for almost 10 years. Most of which I have spent doing WAN/LAN Windows Server domain migrations, as well as Exchange 2000/2003/2007 Server migrations. The time that I have worked with Exchange I have become pretty familiar with the Windows Moble 6 SDK's. I have used them as a virutal "lab" to test, configure, and troubleshoot mobile user issues with phones, etc.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Is there ANY way that these tools can be used as a testing ground for new ROM's before they are deployed to phones. The best example that pops into my head, is being able to test UC or Sushami(?) scripts at first boot before you push them to the phone. Once you have everything working good there, you could do live tests on your actual phone.

I've been reading the UC documentation I was pointed to and I'm looking for someplace to test what I'm doing without having to reflash the phone everytime I do it. I'd rather just build the UC script one step at a time.

I'm uncertain what you are trying to test... I've also served in the IT realm for 4 years a while back.

UC script is dead simple, as it only has a number of commands that it can execute. XMLs are required for provisioning registry settings.

Sashimi is even simpler as it only requires you to store Cabs, and Regs into a specific folder in your SD card for auto or manual execution.

In terms of Mail Account setups, Exchange/IMAP4/POP3, they are all provisioned from a single or multiple XMLs.

Of course regular rule for a Valid XML schema must be followed including omitting the usage of special characters and replacing them with XML equivalent. Such as & = &

Sashimi allows you to run anytime you'd like, while UC is ran after the Initial boot of a ROM Flash. The downside to UC especially when using ROMs that has Autocalibrate scripts... You will not be able to use your touch screen to click OK on messages that pop up. You can HIDE the UC window and UNLOCK the screen, but you'll need to use the Dpad to interact with any popup windows.

Let me know if this answers your question.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONMAC View Post
S2U2 = FREE

Pocket Shield = $12.90

LoL nice comparison...
Old 03-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubprerit View Post
i cannot get this to open right:
[CE OS 21015 Build 21015] - Rev C2 - Stable!
the zip file opens with two folders:
sys & rom, but the .nbh file is nowhere to be found. anybody know how i can get this installed?

Is this a CE OS from the kitchen? If so, did you download the Kitchen C2beta? Look at the #2 post of this thread. It explains everything there.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

robp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubprerit View Post
i cannot get this to open right:
[CE OS 21015 Build 21015] - Rev C2 - Stable!
the zip file opens with two folders:
sys & rom, but the .nbh file is nowhere to be found. anybody know how i can get this installed?

Your .nbh will be created once you cook your rom that build is for the kitchen. Drop those two folders into the the kitchen folder and cook up something fun.

Rob

Thank god for my Scotch and Irish blood!
Blow'em Up, Shoot'em Down', Make'em ALL Hug The Ground!
Know your rights! Don't let the beaurocrats make your choices. Remember "For the people, by the people"
Old 03-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: verizon

clubprerit is a n00b

gratzi!
Old 03-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6.5
Carrier: Verizon

rab669 is a n00b

Im running rev C2 with CE OS 21015 and having issue with Battery Indicator on the top right. It will display Battery when it is plugged in, display plugged in when on battery, it will show the battery at 20% even if it is fully charged. It is very inconsistent. When I plug in the phone the indicator will not switch to show external power immediately. Eventualyy it will display the correct data but it takes a long time to update to the current battery status.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: vzw

impudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab669 View Post
Im running rev C2 with CE OS 21015 and having issue with Battery Indicator on the top right. It will display Battery when it is plugged in, display plugged in when on battery, it will show the battery at 20% even if it is fully charged. It is very inconsistent. When I plug in the phone the indicator will not switch to show external power immediately. Eventualyy it will display the correct data but it takes a long time to update to the current battery status.
I'm running exactly what you are, with only the selectable options differing. I have not had the same issue, so I have to ask the obvious, when you cooked your rom, did you make sure that BOTH battery icon options were not selected? Irregardless I would recommend recooking the rom and flashing the phone. 21015 has been pretty stable for most users.

Device:XV6850 - Verizon Touch Pro
Radio: 1.03.03v
SPL: .35-comonex
5/2/09 SSK 2.0 20776

Old 03-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab669 View Post
Are you a Sprint user?
Old 03-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jucytec View Post
I'm uncertain what you are trying to test... I've also served in the IT realm for 4 years a while back.

UC script is dead simple, as it only has a number of commands that it can execute. XMLs are required for provisioning registry settings.

Sashimi is even simpler as it only requires you to store Cabs, and Regs into a specific folder in your SD card for auto or manual execution.

In terms of Mail Account setups, Exchange/IMAP4/POP3, they are all provisioned from a single or multiple XMLs.

Of course regular rule for a Valid XML schema must be followed including omitting the usage of special characters and replacing them with XML equivalent. Such as & = &

Sashimi allows you to run anytime you'd like, while UC is ran after the Initial boot of a ROM Flash. The downside to UC especially when using ROMs that has Autocalibrate scripts... You will not be able to use your touch screen to click OK on messages that pop up. You can HIDE the UC window and UNLOCK the screen, but you'll need to use the Dpad to interact with any popup windows.

Let me know if this answers your question.
You gave an "answer" and asked a question that had nothing to do with my question.

What I'm trying to accomplish is just what I said the first time. I want to create a VIRTUAL environment to test in rather than reflashing the phone to test for each change. I've actually got the 6.1.4 SDK installed and testing SEVEN application with it right now. I can "hot dock" the virtual device and play DIRECTLY with it without screwing up my phone in the mean time.

Neither UC or Sashimi really have anything to do with the question other than this would make testing them easier.

The question wasn't why should I not use virtualization.

The question was and still is, has anybody tried to utilize the Windows Mobile SDK virtualization tools as a testing platform for testing new ROM's?

If was and dropped, what were the reasons? Maybe there are too many limitations on this. The mobile virtualization product that VMWare demo'd at Mobile World Conference really sparked this interest.

Thanks!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development