PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

NxtGenCowboy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.16 [20771] [UC] [24M

When it is ready, It will be released...

why bug the guy who is doing the work for everyone else...

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.16 [20771] [UC] [24M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Already done...
Mike seems to always know just what to
say to keep the teaser going, lol
Old 04-15-2009, 10:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy View Post
When it is ready, It will be released...

why bug the guy who is doing the work for everyone else...
freaking agree. thanks for this comment

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 04-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

Well while we wait why don't we go off topic for a bit?

Personally I've never quite been able to figure out how to add smileys to and change the font/colour/size of text in my posts. Any help?

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 04-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

NxtGenCowboy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy

Its all in the box where you type your reply in.... the grey box... you'll see the Black underlinded A. I just selected REd... and it changes to red.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
freaking agree. thanks for this comment
+2 on both notes. If someone pays him to do this then that person has the right to rush him. Otherwise let him work his magic. And give the guy a crap load of thanks.

Give some
Old 04-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

exige is a n00b

I installed 4.16 about 2 weeks ago. I was under the impression this would free up a good amount of memory and conserve battery life. I have a VZW TP. I have not installed any extra programs. I have turned off the HTC dialer to save memory. At startup, I have about 21% of memory free. On average, I end up with about 14% of memory free. This is with all programs closed. Battery life seems to have cut in half. I'm now recharging once at night, once in the day, and sometimes a third time in the evening. WiFi off, BT off, email pushes every 15 minutes. Avg daily talk time never over 1.5-2 hours.

Is this the situation that everyone else deals with? I don't mind the recharging...I can deal with it (though I would like to improve it). I can't even run Opera Mobile though without getting a warning that I'm out of memory and need to close a tab - and that's when Opera is the only program running. Surely this ROM should do better shouldn't it? Is there anything I should try before returning to the stock ROM with SPB Pocket PC enabled?
Old 04-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Maverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by exige View Post
I installed 4.16 about 2 weeks ago. I was under the impression this would free up a good amount of memory and conserve battery life. I have a VZW TP. I have not installed any extra programs. I have turned off the HTC dialer to save memory. At startup, I have about 21% of memory free. On average, I end up with about 14% of memory free. This is with all programs closed. Battery life seems to have cut in half. I'm now recharging once at night, once in the day, and sometimes a third time in the evening. WiFi off, BT off, email pushes every 15 minutes. Avg daily talk time never over 1.5-2 hours.

Is this the situation that everyone else deals with? I don't mind the recharging...I can deal with it (though I would like to improve it). I can't even run Opera Mobile though without getting a warning that I'm out of memory and need to close a tab - and that's when Opera is the only program running. Surely this ROM should do better shouldn't it? Is there anything I should try before returning to the stock ROM with SPB Pocket PC enabled?
Change the pagepool size to 6MB.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

LunaticSerenade is keeping up the good workLunaticSerenade is keeping up the good work

This ROM is designed for the ungimped devices, so those of us with a VZW Touch Pro have to make some modifications, like the 6 MP Page Pool that Maverick suggested. I personally run with a 12MB and have no issues, but I'm thinking of downsizing it, just to satisfy my curiousity.

cleanRAM is also a beautiful app to help keep the memory clear.

As far as battery, I have to charge once every 1 - 2 days, depending on how heavy my usage is, but I'm pretty much always texting and emailing, and a couple calls a day.
Search is your best friend.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:43 PM
N00b

kenestra1 is a n00b

I am using MightyROM and I would like to stream one of my favorite Jazz stations from the internet. Its called Smooth Jazz.com Any idea how I would do this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development