View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Maverick77
Regular 'Geeker

Maverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.16 [20771] [UC] [24M

Quote:
Originally Posted by exige View Post
I installed 4.16 about 2 weeks ago. I was under the impression this would free up a good amount of memory and conserve battery life. I have a VZW TP. I have not installed any extra programs. I have turned off the HTC dialer to save memory. At startup, I have about 21% of memory free. On average, I end up with about 14% of memory free. This is with all programs closed. Battery life seems to have cut in half. I'm now recharging once at night, once in the day, and sometimes a third time in the evening. WiFi off, BT off, email pushes every 15 minutes. Avg daily talk time never over 1.5-2 hours.

Is this the situation that everyone else deals with? I don't mind the recharging...I can deal with it (though I would like to improve it). I can't even run Opera Mobile though without getting a warning that I'm out of memory and need to close a tab - and that's when Opera is the only program running. Surely this ROM should do better shouldn't it? Is there anything I should try before returning to the stock ROM with SPB Pocket PC enabled?
Change the pagepool size to 6MB.