PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 01:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 18th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.14 [20771]

I was going to ask Mike, what is the plan on 4.15 lol...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

So do this mean the menu enhancements will also be there?
Old 03-21-2009, 02:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kinesis is a n00b

Can someone address my question about WMODEM above?? Ive posted on many different forums regarding this and I would like a response here from someone who might know the exact reason.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:19 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

im personally not a fan of the 21x series sys's. im using a 21xgwes.exe in my 20771 sys and ive been using the new htc notifications for about 2 days. its still buggy so it may not see itself within the rom, although the cab install works fine with no additional modifications.

4.15 will most likely not reinvent the wheel or blow anyone away with features. i am polishing a number of things off so we can have a final rom and move on to more exciting things.

MIGHTYROM ROADMAP

4.14=current release, pretty stable
4.15=final release 100% everyday use friendly
4.16= 4.15 with tp2 manila

get ready for some fun times!
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Cochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Cochoz Send a message via MSN to Cochoz Send a message via Yahoo to Cochoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
im personally not a fan of the 21x series sys's. im using a 21xgwes.exe in my 20771 sys and ive been using the new htc notifications for about 2 days. its still buggy so it may not see itself within the rom, although the cab install works fine with no additional modifications.

4.15 will most likely not reinvent the wheel or blow anyone away with features. i am polishing a number of things off so we can have a final rom and move on to more exciting things.

MIGHTYROM ROADMAP

4.14=current release, pretty stable
4.15=final release 100% everyday use friendly
4.16= 4.15 with tp2 manila
5.0=Perfection

get ready for some fun times!
Fixed
Old 03-21-2009, 03:32 AM
Lurker

jetz9335 is a n00b

So many posts and my previous question gets more and more away without answered. So asking again if people don't mind.

I found one of my application doesn't work very well with MightyROM, but it works well on other ROMs (Sprint stock ROM, Juicy ROM, Conflippers ROM confirmed so far). So I am trying to find any cure for it as I like MightyROM.

I'm using a Soft Input Panel called Moakey 2 for entering Korean. The problem is that one of the app's skin file (named "IDB_MODE" with no extension) gets locked after soft-reset and the SIP can't show mode switching UI when I install it on MightyROM.

The file cannot be deleted becuase the file is in use. However I can rename it to something else and rename it back to original name. Then I can see the mode switching UI correct, but it again gets locked if I soft-reset.

I am thinking that it might have something to do with some file system optimization that MightyROM has done, so I am trying to identify it and remove it so that the SIP works well on MightyROM.

Can anyone suggest what might have caused this problem?

Last edited by jetz9335; 03-21-2009 at 04:40 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:58 AM
Lurker

melloncollie128 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloncollie128 View Post
No, no. It powers up but just hangs at the screen that displays the words:
"Touch Pro"

and then it displays red text with radio and phone versions. I'll stake a picture if it helps. The only way I can get it back to working order is to press and hold the power button and the volume down button while I press reset. Then I need to flash Sprint's stock ROM. I was also able to flash the leaked Touch Pro2 ROM and that one worked.
Can anyone help me?
Old 03-21-2009, 04:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

kinesis is a n00b

This mightyrom is amazing, no doubt. But there is a problem that's really been bugging me. I dislike ICS, I think its Microsoft Proprietary junk and a real PPP connection is superior. I started off with the Apache, and then the Titan, then the Touch Pro. I always liked the original WMODEM.EXE functionality. For some reason I Cannot load wmodem.exe in the Touch Pro Windows Mobile Environment. Ive tried 4 or 5 different versions. Is there a hack of some sort to get the original WMODEM PPP modem working? Its so much better for UNIX/Linux etc, enables you to open ports and not be behind a firewall (Essentially ICS is a 'router' of sorts) and it doesn't drain the PDA's battery so much.

Help on getting the original WMODEM.EXE functionality we all know and love would be appreciated. I've posted all over PPC Geeks and XDA Developers with no luck. Thanks

I've tried the following things:

Using the wmodem.exe from the HTC Titan
Using 3-4 different versions submitted to me on XDA Developers in a zip file
Loading my H:\ drive (Phone as Hard Drive) then going into CMD.EXE - attrib -S -H each wmodem.exe
Turning off TouchFlo3D on a hunch didn't make it work either

Double tapping and hitting enter on the WMODEM.EXE causes nothing to happen. Its as if you put this in a C++ program:

main() {
exit(0);
}

It just simply does nothing. No error is displayed or anything.
Because I'm desperate here and really want a PPP connection off my touch pro .and nobody seems to answer me when I put this up, this is my second time asking. I'm using bold yellow, green, and teal colors to grab your attention, MightyMike, hopefully you or someone can give the scoop. Please don't tell me to "GOOGLE IT" because I've searched ALLLLL over google. I've been researching how to get this working for over a month now. It's really important to me

Last edited by kinesis; 03-21-2009 at 04:22 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:24 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

kinesis

I wish I could help you, but I have no clue on how to... I'm sorry... Have you tried WMWifirouter?
Quote:
Can anyone help me?
Re-download the ROM and try re-flashing it... Something is weird there...
Old 03-21-2009, 05:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Every time I've tried installing Mighty ROM on my Sprint HTC Touch Pro the RUU goes to 100%, then my phone restarts and it simply hands at the Touch Pro boot screen with the red text that shows the Radio version etc. Is there anyone who can help me with this?
That happened to me with 4.14 as well, I was OK with 4.11-4.13, I also had that problem with KK's 1.7. I assume you just purchased your TP in 2009 and the Stock ROM date is 1/11/09 or later and your build date is sometime in 2009 as well, just like my replacement TP. Some ROMs seem to have problems with the newer Sprint TP's.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development