PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon

chunnel is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

I have installed MR6 for the first time. I have followed all the instructions for Verizon. I've changed my pagepool. I've cleared my memory and I've soft reseted the phone. Data is working and I can call. However, I cannot get GPS to work. From what I understand this should just work right out of the box.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
I have installed MR6 for the first time. I have followed all the instructions for Verizon. I've changed my pagepool. I've cleared my memory and I've soft reseted the phone. Data is working and I can call. However, I cannot get GPS to work. From what I understand this should just work right out of the box.
did you do all the gps things suggested in post #4?
Old 05-08-2010, 08:51 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

I have taken the links down. I am going to make LilRico.com/MightyROM open in a bit, so you can see ALL the ROM listings...
Old 05-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

JunkInTheTrunk is a n00b

is there an ETA on when the links will be back up? i'm looking to upgrade my touch pro to mightyrom6 - sick of factory phone
Old 05-08-2010, 10:08 PM
CyanogenMod

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkInTheTrunk View Post
is there an ETA on when the links will be back up? i'm looking to upgrade my touch pro to mightyrom6 - sick of factory phone
It's already up.

www.LilRico.com/MightyROM

I just changed the entire directory...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

thanks lilrico. hope you're doin good brotha.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:47 PM
CyanogenMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
thanks lilrico. hope you're doin good brotha.
I am thanks, I hope the same for you as well
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

remission is a n00b

Hi guys, Im brand new to this whole phone upgrade thing. I just got a HTC Touch Pro to use on Boost and followed the instructions to install the Mighty Rom 6. I had to search around for it because the links on the Mightyrom site were down for that rom package.

After I installed it I found that my Sprint Nav GPS program was missing and I couldnt use MMS. It gave me no option to send a txt message with a photo. It only gives me the option to email the photo.

I was told on Howard Forums that there might be a separate MMS fix I need to download for this. Does anyone know anything about these 2 issues?

It seems to run nice, but not as fast as some of the YouTube videos showed that I used as a walk through.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

BrianPAdams is keeping up the good workBrianPAdams is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadByDawn View Post
My phone froze again after replying to a txt message, and it would not get past the initial boot screen after that. This is the second time that I've had to do a hard reset because of this issue...so I'm going to have to go with another ROM, I can't be doing hard resets every 2 weeks or so because it freezes...my regards to MightyMike on a very, very nice ROM
I had this happen a few times as well. It happened with FF and with the Official Release. I flashed back to stock, let it boot and configure, did a clear storage, let it boot and configure and then flashed back to FF, let it boot and configure, then cleared storage and boot and configure and everything works fine now. This isn't a problem with the ROM specifically, just with your flash. This one really does seem to need a flash back to stock first.

Fantastic job Mighty! FF is my favorite ROM ever! And with Cookie's HomeTab I might just be able to hold out for WP7..
Old 05-10-2010, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

BrianPAdams is keeping up the good workBrianPAdams is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by remission View Post
Hi guys, Im brand new to this whole phone upgrade thing. I just got a HTC Touch Pro to use on Boost and followed the instructions to install the Mighty Rom 6. I had to search around for it because the links on the Mightyrom site were down for that rom package.

After I installed it I found that my Sprint Nav GPS program was missing and I couldnt use MMS. It gave me no option to send a txt message with a photo. It only gives me the option to email the photo.

I was told on Howard Forums that there might be a separate MMS fix I need to download for this. Does anyone know anything about these 2 issues?

It seems to run nice, but not as fast as some of the YouTube videos showed that I used as a walk through.
Tons of stuff in this forum on how to get these things working. Mighty's ROM isn't specific to any one carrier so he doesn't have the carrier specific apps in it. He was very cool about including different carrier provisioning files and with this ROM even automatically ran your carrier's specific provisioning but for the rest you need to find and install them. I've attached MMS and Sprint Nav to this reply to make it easy for you. However, the Arcsoft MMS cab is set to point to Verizon's servers so after installing it, go to the text messages tab, click All Messages, click Menu and scroll down to "Pics/Video Options." Switch to the CDMA Servers and click SampleMMSC2. In the Server Address box change the "vtext" word to "sprintpcs" but leave the rest of the URL as-is. Then soft reset and you'll be set up to run MMS. I'm sure there's a cab that includes this change in it, but I have UC set up to change the registry anyway so I never bothered looking.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development