PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terencec View Post
Is it just my set up, but is anyone else having issues importing the favorites in with the Opera panel.

Thanks
no, it works fine. make sure opera 6 file is in windows/opera folder.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 07-19-2009, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mikey1234 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevey5036 View Post
I'm starting to have keyboard problems all of the sudden. In the middle of typing a text message my keyboard just dies and I have to restart the phone to get it to work again. I just flashed to the latest release and same thing happens I might have to go back to mighty4 for the time being.
its not the release... its ur phone about to die. going back might seem to temporarily solve it, but the phone is on its way out.. seems fishy to correspond with a new flash, but trust me, its the phone
Old 07-19-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

SadFeet is keeping up the good workSadFeet is keeping up the good work
Cool Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1234 View Post
its not the release... its ur phone about to die. going back might seem to temporarily solve it, but the phone is on its way out.. seems fishy to correspond with a new flash, but trust me, its the phone

Yeah I agree its def probably your phone, mines went out last week. Although apart does believe and knows it didnt start until and after flashing to a PSYKi rom. I tried flashing back to "shipped sprint" I relocked the phone and all--- and keyboard still had issues.

With that being said, my new replacement types so much better, not all keyboards on these things are made the same anyway. I have had three TPs so far, and all the keyboards have had their own personal touch to it. no pun intended.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

SadFeet is keeping up the good workSadFeet is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
I don't understand why more people haven't reported this, or why more people don't understand the issue. Let me clarify: why does the performance of the radio, specifically the service, number of bars, signal strength in ##debug#, etc, seem to decrease on MightyROM when the radio hasn't changed? I noted this the very first time I flashed to MR5 and people responded with comments like "you have to flash your radio." Read, people, read.
Huh I dont quite understand what you are saying. My phone fresh out the box with shipped rom and radio seems to work better, than it does with flashing MR6 on top of it, without messing with the radio.

Is there a certain cause to this? And what are some remedies?
Old 07-19-2009, 08:55 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So, Sadly I had to flash back to MR5 ( not too sad since MR5 rocks). Anyways, Ive been running it since release 18th and its been great other than the Minor Pause/freeze every know and then, then all the sudden today, when changing the battery, it hung at every screen for like a minuete till finally freezing completely at the orange wondows screen (startup). I tried over and over to soft reset and i would eventually hang at the Mighty Rom Image at startup. I then flashed back to MR5 and It now works fine. I did notice at first though that when I flashed to Mr5 it started up fast, then when I loaded my 60+ cabs it starts up alot slower, but Now that leads me to think

1. Does it take longer to boot with alot of stuff installed?
2. Does this sound like a Rom Problem/bad flash/or phone crapping?
3. Can you flash too much?
4.Yes I clear storage/hard reset everytime after flashing and Ive been flashing for Months here and there.
5.I have 2 spare batteries and a craddle charger that charges a spare at all time so I never have to hook my phone up to a charger due to the extreme heat that the pro give (dont wanna nother bunk keyboard), but on that note I obviously have to replace the battery 2 times a day (im a heavy user. lol) and can that cause that.

all in all its working good now, just hope it was a wierd thing and not the phone and the hard reset/flash back isnt just bandaging it for a few only for it to come back.....

I loved MR6, ill try again in a few days to test My problem and see if it happens again......

Last edited by Dragon2; 07-19-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

GreeNova is keeping up the good workGreeNova is keeping up the good work
Re: [July 7th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochoz View Post

Thanks so much for putting this FAQ together, it seems to have made this forum easier to read, but you may wanna edit the above line. Unless there is a Spring connection issue that I was not aware of. LOL.

Thanks again!
Old 07-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipharet View Post
This has not been my experience, and I have not seen anyone in this thread complain about signal strength, and or signal strength differences between different ROMS.
Then you haven't read the thread. There are definitely posts in here about signal strength variances with different roms but the same radio, but unfortunately most are addressed with a dismissive "oh this n00b doesn't know about different radios, he must be having a problem with the stock radio."
Old 07-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadFeet View Post
Huh I dont quite understand what you are saying. My phone fresh out the box with shipped rom and radio seems to work better, than it does with flashing MR6 on top of it, without messing with the radio.

Is there a certain cause to this? And what are some remedies?
That is exactly what I am saying. I was complaining about the fact that no one understands what you are saying, actually. That was the point of my post. And no, there are no remedies, except people telling you you need to flash your radio (hint: that's not the problem and they have reading difficulties). But I think this 7-18 MR6 may have gotten closer to what I had on the stock Sprint rom with Telus 1.04 radio.

Last edited by kevm14; 07-19-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:11 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkman View Post
WHy same all them txt ? really why lol

Might mike !!

tyvm for the new update ... the new themes are win !

roms running smooth
LoL. I'm not sure lol. I just document everything. You never know when you'll need to recall something I guess I could start over huh?

I mean ...thats the only thing bothering me about this ROM. It's running great otherwise

TY Mike
Old 07-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
1. Does it take longer to boot with alot of stuff installed?
I have to laugh. Consider the following hypothetical but very realistic scenario:
User dissatisfied with stock rom.
Flashes to new Super Awesome Booya rom.
Wow, the phone is responsive. Stock sucks!
User installs cabs and generally uses the device for a few weeks.
But wait - Super Awesome Booya rom was made even better with new version 2!
User flashes rom.
Wow, this is even FASTER than last time! Amazing!

And the cycle continues. But here's the thing - if these new roms were really waaaaaay faster than the last release, these phones would blow away anything on the market for performance and rival a desktop computer, if you read into some of the hyperbole posted. The answer is related to what I quoted - the user is comparing a freshly flashed rom to one that they've been running for weeks or more. All but the WORST of roms will feel faster than what you had. This is Windows, people. It would feel faster if you simply hard reset. I'm not saying roms don't improve - of course they do. But the extent to which they are reported to improve is exaggerated.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development