PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

doireallyhavetodothis is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 7th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

BUGS:
While in Camera my touch screen does not respond, very well, to finger or stylus. Making it difficult to get into camera settings.

GRIPES:
6.5 is made to optimize the touchscreen experience yet putting 4 columns in the start menu makes it very un adult hand friendly.

What is with all the avatars in my photo album?

You install no weather app but give me MyPhone and Google Maps, and PocketRAR? I'd rather you gave me the choice of 3rd party apps or at least the ability to remove them.

Taking pics is not quick as I have to goto start, then scroll all the way to the bottom to locate the camera icon.

Why not at least sort the start menu alphabetically? What method was used to decided the start menu sorting?

Just my opinions.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PoppaDoc is just getting started

Mighty, you have done it again. I stayed up all night flashing MR6 and reloading all my cab files and I feel like a lil kid @ Christmas. I haven't found ANY problems with the rom!! Stable & Superfast (especially Opera, everything loads 10 times faster!!) The only problem I ran into is my girlfriend waking up @ 5am like when am I gonna stop playing with my phone & bringing my a$$ to bed!! Once again, nuff respect & props on a great rom!!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PoppaDoc is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by executor485 View Post
Something wierd... My WeatherPanel will not update the city weather, or even display it the first load. I've never had this problem before, it always finds the "data connection" just fine.
I am connected to the net, my email works, the internet works, just not WeatherPanel. Anyone else have this problem?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1077
Here is the solution.... download & copy over

Last edited by PoppaDoc; 07-07-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Observations:

1. WICKED FAST!
2. Best version of Opera I have seen so far. This is actually usable! (my data speeds seem faster too...not sure?)
3. Great battery life thus far even with Sprint Push E-Mail
4. Stardard WinMo Text messaging still a bit wonky when closing and such...slightly better than MR5 was
5. 43% memory used w/ TF3d after boot - not bad!
6. Are we back to a slightly older version of TF3d? I liked the notifications setup much better in MR5

Overall:

Another stellar MightyMike Lil' Rico production! Very fast, very stable. MUCH improved Opera! I'm doubling down on the thumbs up with this one!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doireallyhavetodothis View Post
BUGS:
While in Camera my touch screen does not respond, very well, to finger or stylus. Making it difficult to get into camera settings.

GRIPES:
6.5 is made to optimize the touchscreen experience yet putting 4 columns in the start menu makes it very un adult hand friendly.

You install no weather app but give me MyPhone and Google Maps, and PocketRAR? I'd rather you gave me the choice of 3rd party apps or at least the ability to remove them.

Taking pics is not quick as I have to goto start, then scroll all the way to the bottom to locate the camera icon.

Why not at least sort the start menu alphabetically? What method was used to decided the start menu sorting?

Just my opinions.
They were grips.
  • Simply Delete the avatars
  • alot of people have asked for the 4-column menu cab so that's why i'm sure he's trying it.
  • There are different weather apps, so again, nothing is installed so you can choose what you want
  • When in the start column, simply hold the icon and move to the top and order them as you want.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 07-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
BUGS:

GRIPES:

Just my opinions.
Camera works just fine.

Are you using ur elbows to press the icons? their not that hard to hit

6.5 menu's do not sort alphabetically.

Is this your first time running 6.5?
Old 07-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

I'll try to see if i can get a working htc notifications cab working correctly.

There are a load of them @ xda, hopefully someone can find one that works.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

cjrusso is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
I'll try to see if i can get a working htc notifications cab working correctly.

There are a load of them @ xda, hopefully someone can find one that works.

thanks mike... ive been looking all over for a cab and found a few.. ill post back what ones ive installed and if they work..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60620 --- doesnt work
Old 07-07-2009, 12:54 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo911 View Post
I got a 27" widescreen, and they still look awesome! So how come they werent included? You been slackin on your pimpin? Do I need to slap a ho red?
Same here... I got a 26 inch 1920*1200 resolution, so I see a lot of little things a lot closer that's no where near noticeable on a much smaller screen... As far as the themes, I didn't include them because they still need work. Doing some digging in, I think I've found some other controls to control fonts and other colors that's I'll be exploring in a few after Michael Jackson's memorial. (Sorry but I'm a huge fan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo911 View Post
Anyone having issues with Sprint Picture Mail? I am getting an error message saying its not compatible with this 'platform'. WTH is that about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dro View Post
you beat me to it...i was just going to ask the same thing....that is the only flaw im having....LOVE MR6!!!!! BEST ROM YET MIGHTY!!!! KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK MIGHTY and any1 else involved in the making of this WONDERFUL ROM!!!

****LILRICO...is ur slapahoe red volume control not available?
I highly recommend something other then Sprint's Picturemail. My gf and I use sMMS and love it, Arcsoft MMS is also another fantastic app. that's free and will get the job done. There's absolutely nothing you'll miss going with either app and is how Sprint should of made it in the 1st place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
ok, so i just spent he last 2 hours trying to download this rom with PIE and opera mini, and (after mulitiple freezes) it finally downloaded through PIE. but when i try to extract with pocket rar, everything extracts except for the RUU. I get a message that says it's corrupt. does this mean i have to download the ****ing thing again?
Please use a PC to download. I cannot stress that enough.... Download it and put the .nbh to storage and flash that way...
Old 07-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HERO

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Here is a cab to get the 3 column start menu back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Are you using ur elbows to press the icons? their not that hard to hit
Serious LOL to mike on that one haha
Attached Files
File Type: cab 3 Row StartMenu.cab (2.3 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development