PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [April 25th, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

I think folks are reading what Mike wrote in the updated log incorrectly. He wrote:

[May. -- .09] In Development

That's not May 9th. It's May 'something' 2009. Could be as soon as tomorrow folks (or 30 days away)
Old 04-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

pagey99 is a n00b

lordshadowz, my results are were not the same. In Detroit area. Using azAze GPS. I got a GPS lock after about 10 seconds. I followed your steps below and the lock went to about 30 seconds... Reset... Again, 30 seconds. Reversed your settings and back to 10 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshadowz View Post
For those who still have GPS connection issue, OR the GPS lag issue, even after changing your radio and doing all the steps in the GPS section of my help post. Read on for something else to try. I've used these settings myself and tested them on regular streets and the Long Island Expressway and I can tell you my GPS is locking in 2 seconds now. Yes I said 2 seconds. I thought it was a fluke so I soft rebooted, loaded up Googlemaps again and BAM seeking Satellites (0), then immediately, LOADING.. and there was my dot on the map. When driving on the expressway it even showed me changing lanes LOL in satellite view. These settings are posted on XDA by a person named "Omega01" and the info was given to me by fellow PPCgeeker "k9wh91984"

k9wh91984 was having problems getting his GPS to get that first initial lock on his Verizon Touch Pro, even after performing all the steps I outlined in my help post. After doing these edits and reflashing the telus Radio and doing all the steps it worked and it continues to work. I cleaned up the directions to make them easier for people here.

Can someone else please test these settings and post your findings ?

Requirements:
Advanced Configuration tool (attached to this thread and my help post)
PHM Registry Editor (Attached to my help post)
File Explorer or Total Commander.

Step 1:
Load up Advanced Configuration tool. Scroll down and click on GPS.
Disable A-GPS
Disable GPS logging
Click done and you will be prompted to soft reboot. Do so.

Load up File explorer or Total command and navigate to your device and to the Windows Folder.
Delete the files : \windows\GPSLogFile.txt and \windows\GPSLogFileBack.txt
Exit out of Total Commander.

Load up PHM Registry Editor and navigate to:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\

Change the following settings:

- Drivers\GpsOneDevice\PollInterval -> 100 (default is 1000)
- Drivers\InputBufferSize -> 256 (default is 4096)
- Drivers\OutputBufferSize -> 256 (default is 4096)
- Drivers\SleepOnNoData -> 100 (default is 1000)

This next step you must create a registry entry. Under GPS Intermediate Driver, click on and highlight "Multiplexer"

In PHM Registry Editor, lower lef of the screen, now click on EDIT, select NEW DWORD VALUE.

Under value data type 512 and under value name type in MaxBufferSize

Leave base as Decimal. Click OK.

When your done the edit will be located here:

- Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize 512

Thats it. exit PHM Registry editor. Soft reset and give it a whirl. If you have inital satellite connection lock issues let me know how you make out.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Hey MightyMike, I am running your MightyRom5 and it is sweet. I was alittle hesitant cause I like more memory than 199MB but after I loaded all my crap then Spb MS3 on top and titanium weather it is still only using 37 to 41% ! Great job MightyMike!!! Sweet rom!
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 04-30-2009, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

hmmmmm...interesting. I'm with MR5 from here on..but still nice Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike
until 4.17 hits the interwebz

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 04-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro

I have been running MR5 since the release, also got the 4/25 update. Most of my issues have been solved through re-flashes and hard re-sets.
Not to mention the great support from you guys as well.

It seems everytime I reset. Something else becomes faulty or doesnt respond as it should, while fixing another bug at the same time... I have created a small checklist and particular order on how to install and test my cabs, one by one. Just to make sure it all works correctly. Without affecting another part of the phone.

With that being said.... Today I was using Telenav. Always works great for me. Its quick, responsive and I have no lag. Anyways.... I plugged in the address, while viewing the map. The phone automatically soft-reset itself. I waited till it came back up. Openned Telenav again. And it turned off and on again...

I repeat this next technique all the time because it works for me: I pulled out the battery, placed it back in after a few seconds, turned it back on and everything was fine again... Hasn't turned off again.

I have no idea what caused it. I really don't want to hard reset once again for the reasons I mentioned already.

I guess this is not as bad as a faulty keyboard or the infamous ringtone corruption, but is worrying me none the less!!!

Last edited by MiltonPro; 04-30-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

sstreet3 is a n00b

FYI. I found a solution to the audio problems. I installed the cab and was able to lower my earpiece volume. The original was amazingly loud. Anywho...it lowered a bit, to a bearable level. I would like to go lower but it's definitely an improvement. I'm using the Verizon Touch Pro. I have to imagine it works on HTC devices but not sure. You will need to soft-reset after installing cab.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Remove-Htcvolume-by-HallengreeN.cab (3.0 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

Old 04-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: sprint

nadoo1004 is a n00b

Can I use my HTC pro as a modem to use my pc as a fax?
I am using window 7 and Mighty rom 5.
Thanks for your help.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:22 PM
N00b
Carrier: Alltel

zarxic is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceswild899 View Post
Ok ever since i went to mighty rom i haven't been able to receive picture messeges. i have the alltel mms cab and i still can't get them any advice. I am also running mightyrom5 now. I found it now so nevermind
What was the issue?
Old 04-30-2009, 11:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

.... currently testing 21215. Wish me luck.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:05 PM
N00b

BigJohn89 is becoming a great contributor

Heck, some of the news services retain over 250 days on their own. You could probably cut down "reseeding" to a couple of months...

BigJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by techboss View Post
How about setting up an old school NNTP news group? Something like alt.binaries.mightymikeroms? "Reseeding" to the newsgroup every 14-30 days will overcome the retention issue and the news servers have virtually unlimited capacity for storage and bandwidth.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development