View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 07:22 PM
pagey99
Lurker

pagey99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [April 25th, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

lordshadowz, my results are were not the same. In Detroit area. Using azAze GPS. I got a GPS lock after about 10 seconds. I followed your steps below and the lock went to about 30 seconds... Reset... Again, 30 seconds. Reversed your settings and back to 10 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshadowz View Post
For those who still have GPS connection issue, OR the GPS lag issue, even after changing your radio and doing all the steps in the GPS section of my help post. Read on for something else to try. I've used these settings myself and tested them on regular streets and the Long Island Expressway and I can tell you my GPS is locking in 2 seconds now. Yes I said 2 seconds. I thought it was a fluke so I soft rebooted, loaded up Googlemaps again and BAM seeking Satellites (0), then immediately, LOADING.. and there was my dot on the map. When driving on the expressway it even showed me changing lanes LOL in satellite view. These settings are posted on XDA by a person named "Omega01" and the info was given to me by fellow PPCgeeker "k9wh91984"

k9wh91984 was having problems getting his GPS to get that first initial lock on his Verizon Touch Pro, even after performing all the steps I outlined in my help post. After doing these edits and reflashing the telus Radio and doing all the steps it worked and it continues to work. I cleaned up the directions to make them easier for people here.

Can someone else please test these settings and post your findings ?

Requirements:
Advanced Configuration tool (attached to this thread and my help post)
PHM Registry Editor (Attached to my help post)
File Explorer or Total Commander.

Step 1:
Load up Advanced Configuration tool. Scroll down and click on GPS.
Disable A-GPS
Disable GPS logging
Click done and you will be prompted to soft reboot. Do so.

Load up File explorer or Total command and navigate to your device and to the Windows Folder.
Delete the files : \windows\GPSLogFile.txt and \windows\GPSLogFileBack.txt
Exit out of Total Commander.

Load up PHM Registry Editor and navigate to:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\

Change the following settings:

- Drivers\GpsOneDevice\PollInterval -> 100 (default is 1000)
- Drivers\InputBufferSize -> 256 (default is 4096)
- Drivers\OutputBufferSize -> 256 (default is 4096)
- Drivers\SleepOnNoData -> 100 (default is 1000)

This next step you must create a registry entry. Under GPS Intermediate Driver, click on and highlight "Multiplexer"

In PHM Registry Editor, lower lef of the screen, now click on EDIT, select NEW DWORD VALUE.

Under value data type 512 and under value name type in MaxBufferSize

Leave base as Decimal. Click OK.

When your done the edit will be located here:

- Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize 512

Thats it. exit PHM Registry editor. Soft reset and give it a whirl. If you have inital satellite connection lock issues let me know how you make out.