PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 05:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Important! Rom COOKERS! READ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Btw Calcu, what rom are you using?

One from my Diamond kitchen

Old 12-30-2008, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kmartburrito is keeping up the good workkmartburrito is keeping up the good work

So, this seems to be a pretty big find to me, I'm surprised there isn't more of a reaction. So, where does that leave us?

How I see it, is that the device is capable of both good 2d and 3d performance, albeit not at the same time. Someone mentioned early in the thread that developers are always having to make a choice to some degree, which seems to be the case with the different drivers behaving differently on our touch pro with some doing well in one area, but not both.

Why is this? What is the limit to why we can't have both? What is the bottleneck? If we can answer this, then couldn't we have a driver that excelled in both areas? It certainly seems like we should have the hardware to do it.

What do you all think?

If I've helped you in any post, please take a second to thank me using the icon. Thanks! :P
Old 12-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartburrito View Post
So, this seems to be a pretty big find to me, I'm surprised there isn't more of a reaction. So, where does that leave us?

How I see it, is that the device is capable of both good 2d and 3d performance, albeit not at the same time. Someone mentioned early in the thread that developers are always having to make a choice to some degree, which seems to be the case with the different drivers behaving differently on our touch pro with some doing well in one area, but not both.

Why is this? What is the limit to why we can't have both? What is the bottleneck? If we can answer this, then couldn't we have a driver that excelled in both areas? It certainly seems like we should have the hardware to do it.

What do you all think?
Ya, I am just surprised how everyone's rom skips this driver! I use the 2d functions alot more than the 3d. And using these drivers dont mean your killing 3d at all. I have even posted several vids showing this. BRB! Gonna go get the links..
Old 12-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByrCKANWwT8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzrTWeupXIE
Old 12-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Btw, kmart burrito... you gotz sumtin geinst kmart burritoz? I think they are not bad. :P
Old 12-30-2008, 11:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
And using these drivers dont mean your killing 3d at all.
Actually, yes, it does.Calcu's rom took a dive in VsBenchmark after installing these drivers.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Actually, yes, it does.Calcu's rom took a dive in VsBenchmark after installing these drivers.
Lol aceracer24 is there a thread you havnt replied in Not being mean, just saying. I think its funny

CFay TP2 Port ROM! Check it out!
Changed my name from fayfay392 to CFay!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayfay392 View Post
Lol aceracer24 is there a thread you havnt replied in Not being mean, just saying. I think its funny
ROFL, wondered how long before someone said something I am a lurker and I get really bored at work so I have a crap load of time usually so I surf PPCGeeks Plus I like to see and learn as much as I can..and help or piss off people depending on my mood. Thought about applying to be a moderator after telling several people today that "it's already been discussed "here"

Last edited by aceracer24; 12-30-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:59 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
OK... I was not not able to cook my own roms due to me getting a g'reloc error that wont let my roms boots. I tried everything and I did not find a solution. Reason for me trying to cook was to find out what made Juggs 4.0 clean rom run soo much smoother in 2d rendering. I dug deep on this one boys! I stripped down his nbh and analyzed everything in ther and studied his reg entries. Soo.. finally I came to a conclusion. The reason why his rom runs alot better in 2d than any other roms in here... is he cooked in Omnia 3d Drivers! Yes! Thats it. They do make a different! There is a cab floating around here and XDA but for some reason they dont work unless you cook them inside the nbh file. I tried trust me! ANd I was never able to get them to work. So for you fure rom cookers... take a look a Omnia d3d drivers and cook them in! It will make your roms render 2d alot better! Opera runs 3 times smoother than the stock d3d drivers! So who will be first to attemp this? I wish I could do it myself but the kitchen dont work for me.
man you are very late this was done when I first made ROMs for the pro and I was using this in the titan roms to
Old 12-31-2008, 02:06 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
man you are very late this was done when I first made ROMs for the pro and I was using this in the titan roms to

HAHAHA! Ya.. I have realized that too. But what baffles me is how all the rom cookers for the pro are skipping out on these drivers. Seriously.. who used their 3d more than their 2d on their pro? Internet, tf3d, email, tcpmp, and pretty much everything else besides the 3d games run on 2d. And the Omnia drivers make such a improvement on the 2d area that its rediculous to skip them. I spend about 95% of my day usage on 2d. SO for me... Omnia drivers are a must. I suggest you all to take another peak at my videos i posted about 2 posts ago. Look how much better opera 9.5 runs! Also tf3d is faster .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development