PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Important! Rom COOKERS! READ!

OK... I was not not able to cook my own roms due to me getting a g'reloc error that wont let my roms boots. I tried everything and I did not find a solution. Reason for me trying to cook was to find out what made Juggs 4.0 clean rom run soo much smoother in 2d rendering. I dug deep on this one boys! I stripped down his nbh and analyzed everything in ther and studied his reg entries. Soo.. finally I came to a conclusion. The reason why his rom runs alot better in 2d than any other roms in here... is he cooked in Omnia 3d Drivers! Yes! Thats it. They do make a different! There is a cab floating around here and XDA but for some reason they dont work unless you cook them inside the nbh file. I tried trust me! ANd I was never able to get them to work. So for you fure rom cookers... take a look a Omnia d3d drivers and cook them in! It will make your roms render 2d alot better! Opera runs 3 times smoother than the stock d3d drivers! So who will be first to attemp this? I wish I could do it myself but the kitchen dont work for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Re: Important! Rom COOKERS! READ!

Heres the drivers! Cook them in!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=416474
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
OK... I was not not able to cook my own roms due to me getting a g'reloc error that wont let my roms boots. I tried everything and I did not find a solution. Reason for me trying to cook was to find out what made Juggs 4.0 clean rom run soo much smoother in 2d rendering. I dug deep on this one boys! I stripped down his nbh and analyzed everything in ther and studied his reg entries. Soo.. finally I came to a conclusion. The reason why his rom runs alot better in 2d than any other roms in here... is he cooked in Omnia 3d Drivers! Yes! Thats it. They do make a different! There is a cab floating around here and XDA but for some reason they dont work unless you cook them inside the nbh file. I tried trust me! ANd I was never able to get them to work. So for you fure rom cookers... take a look a Omnia d3d drivers and cook them in! It will make your roms render 2d alot better! Opera runs 3 times smoother than the stock d3d drivers! So who will be first to attemp this? I wish I could do it myself but the kitchen dont work for me.
too bad the omnia drivers suck for 3d i also extracted this cab there isnt even any driver files in it lol a bunch of exe's lets see what it does.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

Last edited by Mr. X; 12-30-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

BTW! To show you all that I am serious! Here is the list of custom roms i have tested and compared to see if any of these have the Omnia drivers and NON DO!

JDTP7.1
Hibby's ROM 1.7 36MB Dynamic PP
Juggalo TP ROM V0.04.04B Sprint
eRice ROM 1.04.5
IVAN'S SPRINT MANILA TP ROM v1.2
Juicy_4_5_Herman

None of these have the Omnia Drivers!

Only Juggs 4.0 Clean Rom has them. I checked in his reg and under d3d he has the drivers in there!
Old 12-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
too bad the omnia drivers suck for 3d
Well.. if thats the case.. cook them on one of your test roms. And see if your Opera runs as good as his. Can you show me where the 2d drivers are located in the reg? I figured since he has "Local Hook" is directed to Omnia drivers could be the cause of such a huge inprovement in his 2d rendering with Opera. Also.... with proper faster 3d drivers your 2d pages like in Opera do increase in speed.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

I suggest all rom cookers to study Juggs 4.0 clean rom. He has nailed down 2d rendering pretty well. Its 3 times faster and smoother than any other rom. I am a noob when it comes to cooking. I have attempted but the kitchen is fruitless for me. So I need you all who have the knoledge to study his nhb.Good luck, god speed!
Old 12-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

2d rendering for vid is called qtv.dll or something like that. im unsure if it handles 2d for OS as well.

any how i installed these drivers lets see how they bench. as far as the cab goes there are no driver dll's located in it.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
too bad the omnia drivers suck for 3d i also extracted this cab there isnt even any driver files in it lol a bunch of exe's lets see what it does.
hold on.. i will post the drivers i dug out of his nbh.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I suggest all rom cookers to study Juggs 4.0 clean rom. He has nailed down 2d rendering pretty well. Its 3 times faster and smoother than any other rom. I am a noob when it comes to cooking. I have attempted but the kitchen is fruitless for me. So I need you all who have the knoledge to study his nhb.Good luck, god speed!
ive used Juggs rom, didn't like it much, thats why i cooked my own. i found it to be a lil laggy some times.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
2d rendering for vid is called qtv.dll or something like that. im unsure if it handles 2d for OS as well.

any how i installed these drivers lets see how they bench. as far as the cab goes there are no driver dll's located in it.
Been there , done that. Installing these drivers of a cab wonk work. They need to be cooked. I read it over at xda.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development