PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 04:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (1-11-2009)*Updated* MERDIN'S ROM V2.8 { CE OS 5.2.20954 (Build 20954.1.5.0)}FAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
No problems hears what you do.
go into startmenu then settings, then click on system, and then click on Remove programs. Now remove the following programs first before your restart your phone make sure you finish uninstalling all of these first.
1st remove Wei Enterprises nuePower Driver
2kd Remove HTCLeeners Taskbar
3rd Remove FInixNover FInix_VGA_Battery
Now after you removed that last program reset your phone by hitting ok to continue.
That should do it, now once your phone resets check to see if the default taskbar is there, if so you can go ahead and install your files.
Well the fatal flaw here is that THERE ARE NO PROGRAMS LISTED FOR UNINSTALL BY THESE NAMES. lol

Only thing I have to uninstall according to your directions is the Nuepower then there is s Tsowen taskbar I'm failing to understand why you think there are other apps installed if you cooked this rom?

This is DEFAULT APPS NOTHING ADDED AFTER FLASHING YOUR ROM

Sprint Picture Mail
Resco Explorer
kpensafeinbox
montecristoff diamond tweak
advanced config
Wei enterprises nuepower driver
htc sliding sound
fmstrats
shinobi no sleep
tsowen taskbar

Thats all am I installing the wrong rom or?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:18 AM
ALi
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Converted to Evo-ism
Carrier: Left VZW Moved to Sprint

ALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: (1-11-2009)*Updated* MERDIN'S ROM V2.8 { CE OS 5.2.20954 (Build 20954.1.5.0)}FAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post
Well the fatal flaw here is that THERE ARE NO PROGRAMS LISTED FOR UNINSTALL BY THESE NAMES. lol

Only thing I have to uninstall according to your directions is the Nuepower then there is s Tsowen taskbar I'm failing to understand why you think there are other apps installed if you cooked this rom?

This is DEFAULT APPS NOTHING ADDED AFTER FLASHING YOUR ROM

Sprint Picture Mail
Resco Explorer
kpensafeinbox
montecristoff diamond tweak
advanced config
Wei enterprises nuepower driver
htc sliding sound
fmstrats
shinobi no sleep
tsowen taskbar

Thats all am I installing the wrong rom or?

Uninstall:
1.tsowen taskbar

2.Wei enterprises nuepower driver

uninstall both before restarting. Once you restart you will notice that your icons are back to stock.

At that point you will be able to install what u like.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:39 PM
N00b

hawley is just getting started

so when will we be expecting 2.9. by the way did anyone see that new palm pre for sprint it looks sick
Old 01-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley View Post
so when will we be expecting 2.9. by the way did anyone see that new palm pre for sprint it looks sick
Im not sure yet, cant give no estimates, until i fix all the issues in my kitchen with the new files.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gunrunner25 is just getting started

I got a picture message tonight and the old mms link came up instead of it going to the picture mail folder. When i clicked on the link, it attempted to download a midlet but couldn't. Anyone else experiencing this issue
Old 01-15-2009, 11:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc touch pro

Hozin is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrunner25 View Post
I got a picture message tonight and the old mms link came up instead of it going to the picture mail folder. When i clicked on the link, it attempted to download a midlet but couldn't. Anyone else experiencing this issue
I had this issue before on my Stock sprint rom, all i did was Restart my phone, and it started working again for me, but if that doesnt work you can go to sprint.com and log into your account,and then in there find the picture mail account online, and you can see all your pictures there.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gunrunner25 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozin View Post
I had this issue before on my Stock sprint rom, all i did was Restart my phone, and it started working again for me, but if that doesnt work you can go to sprint.com and log into your account,and then in there find the picture mail account online, and you can see all your pictures there.
I know where to find them at, but thanks. i was just wondering whether it was an issue in the rom since it was my first pic message since the latest flash. I uninstalled the picture mail cab and re-installed it and it fixed the issue.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Synlupri is a n00b

Merdin,

You were my first! I can't believe how easy it was to flash your ROM. I like it very much. My only question so far is, when I go to Programs, the top 3 have the windows flag icon and when I click them it says error opening the shortcut or locating the target file name. Is this something I can fix? Is it only on my phone? Forgive me if someone has already posted this question. I'm a newbie...obviously.

I have to say I can easily become addicted to flashing rom. I should really be sleeping, but i'm just having way too much fun. LOL

Synlupri
Old 01-16-2009, 03:15 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synlupri View Post
Merdin,

You were my first! I can't believe how easy it was to flash your ROM. I like it very much. My only question so far is, when I go to Programs, the top 3 have the windows flag icon and when I click them it says error opening the shortcut or locating the target file name. Is this something I can fix? Is it only on my phone? Forgive me if someone has already posted this question. I'm a newbie...obviously.

I have to say I can easily become addicted to flashing rom. I should really be sleeping, but i'm just having way too much fun. LOL

Synlupri
Just delete them and replace them with your own program of choice.....
Old 01-16-2009, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

Athasian is keeping up the good workAthasian is keeping up the good work

So I've been using the red 2.8 for a couple of days now, and I just want to say thanks again. The message tab fix worked great, and the rest of the ROM now is nearly perfect. I am wondering if 2.9 will have the new things from the diamond ROM, at least the ones that will work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development