PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 08:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Hawaiian80 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (1-4-2009)*Updated* MERDIN'S ROM V2.7 { CE OS 5.2.20954 (Build 20954.1.5.0)}FAST

Thanks A Lot!!!

Been reading since the first post. Installed it after revision 2.7. So far, from what I can tell...It's working great!!!

If I may...something I've found:
In the volume control, it seems the system and ring are backward. The highlighted (colored) selection is not the one that is being adjusted. Maybe that's how it is supposed to be??? What do I know...

To all who have contributed...THANK YOU!

I'm using it. Happy with it. Can't express how much it is appreciated!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: (1-4-2009)*Updated* MERDIN'S ROM V2.7 { CE OS 5.2.20954 (Build 20954.1.5.0)}FAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian80 View Post
Thanks A Lot!!!

Been reading since the first post. Installed it after revision 2.7. So far, from what I can tell...It's working great!!!

If I may...something I've found:
In the volume control, it seems the system and ring are backward. The highlighted (colored) selection is not the one that is being adjusted. Maybe that's how it is supposed to be??? What do I know...

To all who have contributed...THANK YOU! =D>

I'm using it. Happy with it. Can't express how much it is appreciated!
THank you, and nope no problems with volume controll, the system bar is the bar that controlls the volume of the phone like sounds and music, but the ringer bar controlls the ring volume when someone calls, and it the right way on my phone. Thanks again.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pidge is becoming a great contributor

Sad white dialer is losing
Old 01-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
Sad white dialer is losing
Yea but its always available for install after you flash a new rom, just intall the white dialer cab.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pidge is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Yea but its always available for install after you flash a new rom, just intall the white dialer cab.
Yep. I just get nervous whenever I install a cab which changes any of the UI since your ROM runs so stable Whenever I install a ROM, I just add a couple of apps....PocketExpress and PocketPlayer.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
Yep. I just get nervous whenever I install a cab which changes any of the UI since your ROM runs so stable Whenever I install a ROM, I just add a couple of apps....PocketExpress and PocketPlayer.
Dont worry much about regular apps, only cabs that will affect the phone in some way are the cab files that change some form of appearance or registry on the phone. But even those are not harmful, just may change the default settings on a rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

aryehz2 is becoming a great contributor

I have been having 2 issues with 2.7

1. adding people to Favorites: First it takes about 30 seconds for my contact list to come up and then when I type to search for a contact, it takes about a minute or more for the search to complete. I have alot of contacts but this is the first time I've had such a problem.

2. My battery is draining much faster than on the stock ROM and my phone gets hot in the back.

Otherwise, great ROM. Thanks so much.
Aryeh

EDIT: I was going to try the volume control fix that you posted for the keyboard issue to see if that would help, but the date on that file is a month earlier than the current version on my phone so I'm not sure if I should replace it.

Last edited by aryehz2; 01-08-2009 at 11:43 PM. Reason: tried one more thing
Old 01-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raphael

aedenone is a n00b

Keep up the great work Merdin! I just wanted to say that its great to so many enthusiastic chefs on this forum giving me so many choices. I look forward to your next release.

I cant speak for all but the most important things for me besides basic cell phone functions are speed (which your rom has), functional internet sharing and a clean look.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond Pro

twizted_dreams1 is a n00b

I am digging 2.7 so far no problems that i have found and it cured 2.6's text messaging problem when you slide out the keyboard it would revert back to the landscape screen (i think thats it)...
As for Icontacts i am running it currently and like it so far..
As for a new release i would go for more things that would kind of make it more like the instinct as for features for like sliding and so fourth if its possable to make use of the tf3d more as i also have the slide to answer cab installed.

I i love to 2 toned look of the red and black so anything that would have a 2 toned combination would be killer and keep it lively mono colors gets rather boring quickly
i will have more ideas shortly...

Thanks for the Excellent and hard Work on these ROMS
they run fast and smooth...
Old 01-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryehz2 View Post
I have been having 2 issues with 2.7

1. adding people to Favorites: First it takes about 30 seconds for my contact list to come up and then when I type to search for a contact, it takes about a minute or more for the search to complete. I have alot of contacts but this is the first time I've had such a problem.

2. My battery is draining much faster than on the stock ROM and my phone gets hot in the back.

Otherwise, great ROM. Thanks so much.
Aryeh

EDIT: I was going to try the volume control fix that you posted for the keyboard issue to see if that would help, but the date on that file is a month earlier than the current version on my phone so I'm not sure if I should replace it.
I've never had any of those issue you have mentioned, it could be because you may have installed something on the phone, that changes the registry settings, and for the volume/keyboard fix, yes you should still install it, even if the old one sease January 8th. Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development