PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose
Re: (May 17, 2009) MERDIN'S WM6.5Pro 4.5 CE OS 5.2.21232(Build 21232 MerdinH)UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrunner25 View Post
Merdin, have you taken a look at the new Skyfire release. It plays videos and all. Maybe you can look at intergrating it into a rom.

sorry for the question here but are you the same gunrunner that use to play socom? if so I no you remember youmaylose
Old 05-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Skyfire is not bad, i had it in my older builds but alot of users did not like it, so i removed it, but it can easily be installed by cab anyways.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Skyfire is not bad, i had it in my older builds but alot of users did not like it, so i removed it, but it can easily be installed by cab anyways.
it's not that it's bad. i just hate the fact that they are blocking website. i get an error 404 when i try to access some of the speed testing sites.
yet i can check them on my PC and they're fine. i truly hate censorship. and for them to come out on their site saying we can surf any site a PC can, is f-ed up.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
it's not that it's bad. i just hate the fact that they are blocking website. i get an error 404 when i try to access some of the speed testing sites.
yet i can check them on my PC and they're fine. i truly hate censorship. and for them to come out on their site saying we can surf any site a PC can, is f-ed up.
The way skyfire works is that their servers act as a proxy for whatever site you go to. So if you go to google.com, the data is routed through skyfire servers first then compressed and sent to your phone. Sites like dslreports and other speed testing sites simply won't work because you're not connected directly to the site.

At least that has been my understanding of how skyfire works, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Like my work? Hit
Old 05-29-2009, 07:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
The way skyfire works is that their servers act as a proxy for whatever site you go to. So if you go to google.com, the data is routed through skyfire servers first then compressed and sent to your phone. Sites like dslreports and other speed testing sites simply won't work because you're not connected directly to the site.

At least that has been my understanding of how skyfire works, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
i can get on www.mobilespeedtest.com. it wouldn't work the same way?

perhaps you're right. i was just really disappointed with it not going to all websites i could go to on my pc. as for what i've tested so far, it's been pretty amazing though. much better than the beta versions.

thanks for the info. it's definately food for thought.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: sPRINT

risc999 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to risc999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Has not happend to me yet, can you tell me which version your using, and if its wm6.5 or 6.1
Merdin, I'm using (Merdins_Windows-Mobile6.5Pro-Edition_V4.5_5-17-09 *NEW*)

Thanks,
risc999
Old 05-29-2009, 02:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I ran into the first problem I've had with this ROM today.

I was bored at work & playing with some of the programs in the phone. I saw that "flip it" was installed & since I had never used it before I decided to try it.

All I did was open the program & check the box to enable the gsensor & close it. That didn't seem to do anything, so I figured maybe it needed to be reset. I did a soft reset, but it hung up on the merdin splash screen. It did this six times in a row & never got past that screen.

At that point, I hard reset it & restored the BU I made last night & everything is fine again.

I'm wondering what I did wrong at this point???

~John
Old 05-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: sPRINT

risc999 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to risc999

Merdin,

Any way we can get modem ringer added back to next rom?
Old 05-29-2009, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
i can get on www.mobilespeedtest.com. it wouldn't work the same way?

perhaps you're right. i was just really disappointed with it not going to all websites i could go to on my pc. as for what i've tested so far, it's been pretty amazing though. much better than the beta versions.

thanks for the info. it's definately food for thought.
I pretty much only use skyfire for sites that require full rendering, like gmail if I need it or most banking websites. For almost anything else I've found opera or iris to be faster or just plain easier to use. Just my $.02.

*shrug*
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: "A 3vo named McGavin"

one0one951 is becoming a great contributor

Thank you. I didn't think it was possible to run a 6.5 Rhodium ROM with any stability on this phone. I am happy to have been proven wrong. This is fantastic!
One question that probably has a really simple answer: Is there a way to stop the screen from dimming after a while? I have tried the normal power settings, the power & battery settings(that lock up the phone as someone else mentioned earlier) and I even tried trading between the battery saver and normal settings in the tools section. Nothing gets the backlight to stay on. My phone is spoiled and spends 11 to 16 hours a day charging on the dash of my truck. I have my music/videos/movies going, etc and it kills me having to touch the phone every couple minutes to brighten up the screen. Is there something that I am missing?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development